Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Mar 28, 2020 at 6:58 AM Post #25,111 of 41,129
Mar 28, 2020 at 7:02 AM Post #25,112 of 41,129
What he said!

The Ori wasn't exactly under-rated back in its heyday (tho it may be today). Many here fell in love w/that fine example of the ZMF "house sound." Of course, all those new dynamics came later...and near earpads, cables, amps (the ZMF product set got a lot bigger).

The Ori is still a terrific headphone. Every time I put it on, it's back to my planar "happy place."
Totally agree. I have been using my Ori exclusively with my Liquid Platinum amp, and on a whim decided to throw the Jotunheim back in the mix, and the Ori sounds killer with the Jotunheim and Gumby combo, as well. The ss power and control down low, really tightenens up the bass of the Ori, and it hits fast and hard, and is fun as heck.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2020 at 1:44 PM Post #25,113 of 41,129
Totally agree. I have been using my Ori exclusively with my Liquid Platinum amp, and on a whim decided to throw the Jotunheim back in the mix, and the Ori sounds killer with the Jotunheim and Gumby combo, as well. The ss power and control down low, really tightenens up the bass of the Ori, and it hits fast and hard, and is fun as heck.

Ori loves Cavalli electronics...

Mar 28, 2020 at 8:40 PM Post #25,114 of 41,129
DSC_0012.jpg

Noble Audio Kaiser 10 Encore IEM Universal (Sony Clear Silicone Hybrid Tips)(HanSound Audio ZENTOO 4 wire OCC litz copper cable terminated 4.4mm)
Sony NW-WM1A Digital Audio Player (Japanese Tourist Edition)

Mar 29, 2020 at 6:14 AM Post #25,116 of 41,129
The ZMF Verite Closed is a very good match with my EC445 and Vinyls.

So, may be I will end with BHSE+Stax SR009 for Digital (Aurender W20) and EC445+ZMF for Analog (Thorens TD160/SME) ?

TD160-ZMF-EC445 side.JPG

TD160-ZMF-EC445 1 close2.JPG

Apr 1, 2020 at 3:37 AM Post #25,120 of 41,129
I finally got my custom tube amp i have been waiting for a while (its a bit like a Almarro A205A on Hifi Steroids and with tons of weird stuff :wink: )
and start to fit my new battlestation next to where i lie down on the sofa.

Its ..ehhh ..super amazing! Much much better than expected, so i will do a little review in the future once i got it fully tested.

Running it with khadas tone board or E1DA Pdv2 (that was really some tricky crap to get it running with this)
and plug AKG K340, Sash Tres, Sundaras in it and my SRMt1 with the RR1 seems to work tube.. ehh too :wink:

Havent plugged my Nubert nu Pro speakers in yet.

Now i wait for my sofa upgrade :wink:)

k-tubeamp.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2020 at 6:43 AM Post #25,121 of 41,129
I finally got my custom tube amp i have been waiting for a while (its a bit like a Almarro A205A on Hifi Steroids and with tons of weird stuff :wink: )

Its ..ehhh ..super amazing! Much much better than expected, so i will do a little review in the future once i got it fully tested.

Running it with khadas tone board or E1DA Pdv2 (that was really some tricky crap to get it running with this)
and plug AKG K340, Sash Tres, Sundaras in it and my SRMt1 with the RR1 seems to work tube.. ehh too :wink:

Nice gear. Where did you get the plastic cover on the headphone stand? I could use one of them.

Apr 1, 2020 at 7:16 AM Post #25,122 of 41,129
Nice gear. Where did you get the plastic cover on the headphone stand? I could use one of them.
Looks like a Stax cover, to me. I have always wanted to find a couple of those, for my cans.

Apr 1, 2020 at 8:25 AM Post #25,123 of 41,129

k-tubeamp.jpg
I looks so minimi. :D
Nice dwarf. ^^

Excuse my question, but wth is "Sound of Schnitzel"? :ksc75smile: :ksc75smile:

Apr 1, 2020 at 11:20 AM Post #25,124 of 41,129
We recently finished building a new house and COVID-19 has given us a lot of time to finish painting, organizing, and settling in. It also means I've been working from home a lot and finally get to listen to the Aeolus LTD + WA22 combo.

unnamed1.jpg

unnamed2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back