Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
May 30, 2018 at 2:07 PM Post #22,246 of 41,103
May 30, 2018 at 2:41 PM Post #22,248 of 41,103
IMG_20180314_025924.jpg

May 30, 2018 at 3:47 PM Post #22,249 of 41,103
Living room setup:

Do I see the ZMF Auteur on the right? I just ordered one, how are you enjoying yours.

BTW I'm hunting for new HF stands, love the nice wood on both of yours. What are they / where did you buy?

May 30, 2018 at 5:50 PM Post #22,251 of 41,103
Nice, congrats on a beautiful looking (and sounding) setup!

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2018 at 4:50 PM Post #22,253 of 41,103

Latest incarnation. Main rig. Latest additions, Townshend Seismic platforms and dCS Rossini and Master Clock. Roon streaming through dCS (from Synology NAS) is as good if not better than from the Aurender W20 via the Rossini (quite a surprise!!) Using Apex Pinnacle to act as pre-amp for Blue Hawaii - provides more presence and bass to the Blue Hawaii and removes any trace of treble emphasis in the SR009s - overall the most organic sound I've yet heard !!!

Dear Jerseyboy,
Since I have myself a BHSE + SR009, as you know, and I am considering improving it's source (I am considering the Rossini, the Brinkmann Nyquist, the Aurender ARIESG2+VEGAG2+LEO masterclock, and the NAGRA HD DAC (which unfortunately has no Ethernet input/roon compatibility).

So, I wonder if you could comment on the Rossini associated to the BHSE/SR009 . Indeed, a while ago I tested the Rossini with my BHSE, and found it a little dry/analytic compared to, for example, the NAGRA HD DAC, but this was few years ago, with an older firmware . So could you tell us why you chosed the Rossini, which, when associated to his master clock, is almost in the same price range than a NAGRA ? Don't you have some time the feeling that it is may be too analytic and not engaging/musical enough ?

Also, can you comment on the Seismic isolation platform ? are they really a big difference in sound ? what is the cost ? are there some composants like amps for example under which they are more useful than other composants or do you think they need to be under each periferal ?

thanks a lot in advance for your advices...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back