Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Mar 20, 2018 at 6:21 AM Post #22,066 of 41,119
VGDYn5H.jpg

Mar 20, 2018 at 11:51 AM Post #22,068 of 41,119
curious how do most of you access you music files ?computer audio or something else.

Computer at home.
DAP on the move.
Files all CD or higher res. Various sources including LP rips.

Mar 20, 2018 at 12:13 PM Post #22,069 of 41,119
Mostly LPs :beyersmile:

CD rips on the secondary system or when travelling (ALAC).

Mar 20, 2018 at 9:04 PM Post #22,071 of 41,119
I ripped my CD's to flac. At home play on my PC with Foobar or stream via Sonos speakers around the house. Commuting and at work use a dap with various iems or earbuds

Mar 22, 2018 at 12:37 AM Post #22,077 of 41,119
Thanks, cabinet took a lot of work. Ordered a normal China cabinet from wayfair, before building it I refinished all surfaces because I didn't like the stock color. Changed the number of shelves and spacing, ditched the flimsy shelf mounts for better ones. Once but built I put a bunch of steel L and corner brackets on to stiffen/stregthen everything. Had custom half inch glass made because the eighth inch stuff wasn't going to cut it. Replaced the solid back with steel mesh, used rubber grommetting around the holes I cut in the mesh for passing cables. Custom mounted 9 apc headphone hangers to the top and 2 on the side. Custom mount for the 2 nixie clocks. Magnetic lock to keep the kids out. Fixed the door so it shuts properly,

There may be stuff I'm forgetting.

But if you don't mind the work you can repurpose stuff for not a lot of added cost, and have something that fits your needs perfectly. The main expense I had was the custom glass, but I could have made wood shelves for cheap.

Mar 22, 2018 at 12:59 AM Post #22,080 of 41,119
I was going to say it looks kinda like a server cabinet with all the black, the glass door and the steel mesh back!

I actually looked at those, for the spot next to my desk in my office they were just too deep. I'm also not sure my wife would have gone along with the look. But if you have the room and can get one for a good price a rack is easily adaptable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back