Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Mar 22, 2018 at 1:20 AM Post #22,081 of 41,009
I actually looked at those, for the spot next to my desk in my office they were just too deep. I'm also not sure my wife would have gone along with the look. But if you have the room and can get one for a good price a rack is easily adaptable
The nixie gives it that high-tech retro appearance...
Looks kind of like a Dr. Emmett Brown design. All you need now is to install the Flux Capacitor and visit good ol' 1985.
Job well done, sir.

Mar 22, 2018 at 3:56 PM Post #22,082 of 41,009
Here is one more shot of the cabinet this time with the door closed. The sides are also that blue/grey color. I laid the color down thick initially then using wet towels slowly rubbed the color off until I had both the color and the wood grain coming through.

20180322_125058.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2018 at 2:30 PM Post #22,084 of 41,009
833674F3-ECB1-4FEF-9B8C-921A2F7AEE95.jpeg
35E65A60-2725-485C-8CD9-1C3900E67E9C.jpeg
E88DF199-B032-4B3D-A8F9-0A06E6E3731C.jpeg
Hope you like it guys, I stole this area in my house against my wife’s will to make it my little sanctuary. Ran out of money for the TV but I guess you get the idea.

Comfort really plays a role on the listening experience IMO :)

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2018 at 2:47 PM Post #22,086 of 41,009
Hope you like it guys, I stole this area in my house against my wife’s will to make it my little sanctuary. Ran out of money for the TV but I guess you get the idea.

Head-Fi goals.

Mar 29, 2018 at 6:00 PM Post #22,087 of 41,009

A man's gotta have his sanctuary. Looks great! Congrats!

Mar 29, 2018 at 9:07 PM Post #22,089 of 41,009
Old School. A little cleaning around the house dusted this off. This HK works great as a Headphone Amp.
Harmon Kardon 655 vxi.jpg

Mar 29, 2018 at 11:50 PM Post #22,090 of 41,009
Like dobigstuff's post above mine, I'm also Old School : (The quality of the photos is so-so. Taken w/ my MacBook Pro camera)

Photo on 2018-03-30 at 12.20 AM.jpg

My headphone collection hanging in my music & tv room, from left to right : HD600, AKG 340, HD650, PS1000 (original) & AKG 240 Sextett.

Photo on 2018-03-30 at 12.24 AM.jpg

Old school for sure : left to right : vintage Sansui AU-719 integrated amplifier, JDS Labs Objective 2 & Teac PD-H600 CD player. All audio items' "feet" rest on sorbothane.

Photo on 2018-03-30 at 12.26 AM.jpg

My main CD collection which consists of the ones I listen to most often. I have more on the shelf above my headphones which consists mainly of the BeaTles 2009 stereo & mono remastered boxes, the remixed Sgt Pepper deluxe box & the BeaTles #1 remixed deluxe box with CDs & Blu Ray discs. I'm happy & satisfied with CDs, not being good with technology I don't foresee the day that I'll be downloading music anytime soon. I'm 62 & retired and this is how I relax. My wife & I moved from a big city, Ottawa where we were both born & raised, to a small village in Nova Scotia (the Canadian maritimes) into an older but very nice bungalow not far from the ocean and it's beaches. I enjoy very much being part of this great audiophile fraternity & sisterhood called Head-fi. There are a lot of very nice people on this site and this coming June, I'll be celebrating my fifth year membership. I can't thank all of the members enough, who have helped me along the way and given me their time & advice/ suggestions and have shared their musical tastes and humour.

Enjoy the music & thank you.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2018 at 12:01 AM Post #22,091 of 41,009
Like dobigstuff post above mine, I'm also Old School : (The quality of the photos is so-so. Taken w/ my MacBook Pro camera)

My headphone collection hanging in my music & tv room, from left to right : HD600, AKG 340, HD650, PS1000 (original) & AKG 240 Sextett.

Old school for sure : left to right : vintage Sansui AU-719 integrated amplifier, JDS Labs Objective 2 & Teac PD-H600 CD player. All audio items' "feet" rest on sorbothane.

My main CD collection which consists of the ones I listen to most often. I have more on the shelf above my headphones which consists mainly of the BeaTles 2009 stereo & mono remastered boxes, the remixed Sgt Pepper deluxe box & the BeaTles #1 remixed deluxe box with CDs & Blu Ray discs. I'm happy & satisfied with CDs, not being good with technology I don't foresee the day that I'll be downloading music anytime soon. I'm 62 & retired and this is how I relax. My wife & I moved from a big city, Ottawa where we were both born & raised, to a small village in Nova Scotia (the Canadian maritimes) into an older but very nice bungalow not far from the ocean and it's beaches. I enjoy very much being part of this great audiophile fraternity & sisterhood called Head-fi. There are a lot of very nice people on this site and this coming June, I'll be celebrating my fifth year membership. I can't thank all of the members enough, who have helped me along the way and given me their time & advice/ suggestions and have shared their musical tastes and humour.

Enjoy the music & thank you.

I really wish all of my cds hadn't gotten stolen not once, but twice, our of my car/truck when I was younger. It would be so nice to have more physical media, there's just something special about having the physical copies that digital media doesn't match the feel of. Oh well, last 150 albums were stolen 12 years ago, not rebuilding that physical collection again! I'm 33 so maybe a tad different, but man I grew up collecting tapes, then cds while my father did the same alongside his vinyl collection I inherited. Digital copies are great for having a ton of music on a dap, but it absolutely cannot take the place of a nice collection of tapes/8track/vinyl/cds

Mar 30, 2018 at 12:11 AM Post #22,092 of 41,009
I really wish all of my cds hadn't gotten stolen not once, but twice, our of my car/truck when I was younger. It would be so nice to have more physical media, there's just something special about having the physical copies that digital media doesn't match the feel of. Oh well, last 150 albums were stolen 12 years ago, not rebuilding that physical collection again! I'm 33 so maybe a tad different, but man I grew up collecting tapes, then cds while my father did the same alongside his vinyl collection I inherited. Digital copies are great for having a ton of music on a dap, but it absolutely cannot take the place of a nice collection of tapes/8track/vinyl/cds

That's the pits, twice at that. It's maddening. Inheriting your dad's vinyl collection is pretty cool. I wish I had kept mine. When CDs came out I sold most of my vinyl & regretted it later. The main thing is you have your music in which ever format it's in and in the end, that's what really counts isn't it. Thanks for sharing hemipowered007 & hang on to those vinyls. :beerchug:

Mar 30, 2018 at 3:35 PM Post #22,094 of 41,009
Vinyl Station:

Got Vinyl.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back