Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Jan 1, 2017 at 6:14 PM Post #21,512 of 41,120

Jan 1, 2017 at 9:55 PM Post #21,514 of 41,120
Go Seahawks... ..got a new headphone holder,  you can see it on the shelf some of my seakers are on behind the DT880's ..nice to be able to get to my DT770's easier now.)

I really like that this harmony remote by the keyboard can control the sony pre amp and the kenwood receiver on my desk.. it is sort of handy indeed.

I hope everyone has had a nice new years day...  I feel really blessed to have some pretty nice toys.. I get a great deal of enjoyment out of the stuff you see in the photo here..  

Jan 2, 2017 at 3:22 PM Post #21,515 of 41,120
I spent my new year night arranging my listening station again.
Adding a sort of music server using my Asus laptop that didn't get much use before.

I've never thought night listening thru a laptop controlled with Foobar controller on phone really makes life a looot easier.

Sorry for the grainy photo, phone camera isn't too good.

And a pic of the tube.

Jan 3, 2017 at 6:43 PM Post #21,517 of 41,120
Significant updates since my last post: added a Rega RP3 + TT PSU (power supply, speed control).

The Sony universal spinner and Bryston BDP-1 are behind the 'table dustcover. The big Marantz SACD player is on the shelf below the table (last photo).

Jan 6, 2017 at 12:21 PM Post #21,519 of 41,120
Just made possibly the biggest score of my life yesterday. Managed to purchase a barely-used B&K AVR307 (with the upgrade) from Craigslist for a mere $250. The gentleman was empathetic to my very limited budget (read: wife), and was willing to take his asking price way down. Going from a mid-90's Kenwood receiver to this was, as you can imagine, pretty dramatic of an improvement. Every aspect of the sound has opened, tightened up, and no more hazy audio image! Absolutely thrilled!

Headphone use may be a little side-tracked for the time being 
biggrin.gif

Jan 6, 2017 at 4:15 PM Post #21,520 of 41,120

Office rig: MacBook Pro + Curious USB Cables + iFi iUSB 3.0 Nano + Sony PA-3 + Sony MDR-Z7s w/ Kimber Balanced cables.

Not getting a lot of work done, today... 
L3000.gif

Jan 8, 2017 at 7:16 AM Post #21,522 of 41,120
Here's are updated pics, I've added some monitor audio bronze 1's and an SMSL Q5 pro to power them. As well as got my new IEM's, the Pinnacle P1's...

EDIT: Forgive the apple potatoPhone 5c's camera 

Jan 8, 2017 at 11:41 AM Post #21,525 of 41,120
Had a friend over the other day for a listening session. We ended up staying up till morning just enjoying great music and trying out different headphones. Awesome moments!

sorry for the crappy image quality. This is my desk with part of my collection, after we were done.

Great collection of quality cans right there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back