Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Jun 9, 2016 at 3:21 AM Post #21,151 of 41,129

Excuse the wires.  First pic here.  The covered headphones are a MHP-1000, HE-1000, and SR-009.  The Studio also powers a set of Omega desktop speakers. 

I feel that the word "end-game" has been overused to the point it has lost its meaning, but damn, if this ain't end-game I don't know what is. I'm not talking about price alone, this isn't the most expensive setup I've seen to date but this should trounce pretty much any setup that costs much more.

Is there a reason you're keeping the Teton despite owning the Studio? Does the Teton edge out the Studio in certain aspects that makes it a keeper?

Also, which do you spend more head time with: dynamic Studio or electrostatic BHSE? As a previous BHSE owner who now enjoys my ZDS, just curious.

Jun 9, 2016 at 7:20 PM Post #21,152 of 41,129

I feel that the word "end-game" has been overused to the point it has lost its meaning, but damn, if this ain't end-game I don't know what is. I'm not talking about price alone, this isn't the most expensive setup I've seen to date but this should trounce pretty much any setup that costs much more.

Is there a reason you're keeping the Teton despite owning the Studio? Does the Teton edge out the Studio in certain aspects that makes it a keeper?

Also, which do you spend more head time with: dynamic Studio or electrostatic BHSE? As a previous BHSE owner who now enjoys my ZDS, just curious.

The Teton is probably a little smoother.  The Studio may throw a larger soundstage and has stronger bass, especially sub bass.  I tend to keep both for convenience.  Though if I had to sell one, it'll probably be the Teton.  I use the Studio with the HE1000's and for my speakers, so it ends up being used more often.  I prefer the Teton with my MHP-1000's as I think it does better with high impedance cans than the Studio.  Also, I like the fact that I can throw the stock tubes in the Teton and it'll still sound pretty good..  I like my BHSE setup, but 1. tend to listen while I eat at my desk and 2. tend to only listen for 1 to 1.5 hours at a time.  The Stax fart bothers me when I eat and the BHSE usually takes around an hour before it sounds its best.  I also don't like the fact that I have to bias the tubes whenever I tube roll, so it's more of a hassle to listen to my stax setup than my dynamic setup.

Lots of third world problems, but I use music as a stress reliever - so I try to maximize the time I have to listen.  

Jun 10, 2016 at 2:24 AM Post #21,153 of 41,129
27467907782_6180016471_o.jpg

Jun 10, 2016 at 3:46 AM Post #21,154 of 41,129

thats SO CLEAN
seriously - SWEET set-up!!

and, its too bad my Sonic Satori Personal Audio Lab finally got set back up - and, probably in a month or so - gotta move it again!!!
but hey, we do what we gotta do. I'm gonna have as much fun as possible while I can!!  can't WAIT to find a new permanent spot in LA
but FINALLY havin' a BLAST again - like when I first built-it!!

Jun 11, 2016 at 10:00 PM Post #21,159 of 41,129

Nice... I like your dedication to physical media, a love I share. And, I spy with my little eye - a Nakamichi cassette deck. That takes me back.

Congrats on a sweet rig!

Jun 13, 2016 at 7:20 AM Post #21,164 of 41,129
That is special made 3D printed customised open headphone with a heavily modified Fostex T-50RP driver with extreme natural balanced and detailed sound signature, to me for sure one of the best Fostex T-50 RP based head phones ever, it took almost one year from planning to execution to the final product, not available for the public yet, but I'm it will come later from the creator, because I'm so impressed compared to my Sennheiser HD 800 or Stax SR L-700 it really plays on top of the line, which is very insane to me for such a "low cost" head phones.

Jun 19, 2016 at 12:29 PM Post #21,165 of 41,129
ARIES + HUGO + Tu-05 + HE-X

Users who are viewing this thread

Back