Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Oct 27, 2014 at 7:56 PM Post #18,933 of 41,129
  The reverse soldering iron is an interesting choice.

The cable would out-weight the whole soldering iron and its stand if I face it to the correct direction as my table is quite small.

How do you like the K812 versus your Senn's?

A bit too early to say, but so far the K812 fares up nicely. It's SE-only, so it may (or may not) be disadvantaged, but the distinctive vocals presentation of both warrants having both IMO (the Senn presents vocals in a clinical, analytical way and sounds cleaner, while the AKG presents vocals in a holographic, smoother way and sounds more natural).

Oct 27, 2014 at 8:25 PM Post #18,934 of 41,129
Oct 27, 2014 at 8:39 PM Post #18,935 of 41,129
Cool stuff. I've been looking at getting some AKG's down the road (thinking about a K712 if I get a good deal on a used pair).

Oct 27, 2014 at 9:15 PM Post #18,936 of 41,129
  Bad shots, but we just had a baby tuesday, and my 2 year old refuses to let me do anything... 

He-4- no star felt no grill, T50rp, painted by CasperTFG and re wired to dual Hifiman SMA connectors
Audio GD NFB 10se, Pioneer SX-727-still needs work
Portable- Ipod touch 2nd Gen, Havi b3 pro 1
Simple Dell PC quad core, nothing special...
Using a balanced cable terminated to 4pin xlr for all 3 full size HP's
Not shown, KLH model sixes and shure 840, also modded to sma connectors.

Lol I like your thinking man!All my headphones are modded to Mini Switch Craft XLR 4Pins [Audeze Style] but modular cables are great huh :D

Oct 27, 2014 at 9:39 PM Post #18,938 of 41,129
  What are the keyboard and mouse? And maybe the PC specs too!

It's a Roccat Isku FX and Roccat Kone XTD keyboard & mouse. The specs of the PC is not much.
Gigabyte Z87x-UD3H i5-4670k @ 4.8GHz w/ Corsair H110
Corsair 2x4GB DDR3-1600 C9
Asus GTX670 DCU-II SLI
Seasonic X-850

Oct 28, 2014 at 3:23 AM Post #18,939 of 41,129
Dear bmichels,

Thank you so much for the suggestions. I will definitely look into it!

Cheers,

Alan

Quote:
  To keept thing even more neat, why don't you try something like the ARIES from Auralic ?
wink.gif
  There are many talk about it ! 

it is slim and neat, and supposed to offer even better SQ than a Mac server. Plus it also offer Qobuz CD-Quality streaming (like your Mac)

Oct 28, 2014 at 5:00 AM Post #18,940 of 41,129

I try to keep it clean =D

Oh, another MAC + Debussy + WES + 009 owner 
beerchug.gif

BTW, are you not afraid of overheat of WES in this positioning? It's just WES gets really hot after 3-4 hours of working even when it's on the upper shelf... I think that overheat may be the reason why one of filter chokes in my WES had broken (the resistence on it became almost 1/2 of it's should be (like it is on other 3 filter chokes), so it's probably was coil-winding short circuit), so when master was fixing (and modding) my WES I asked that he make long power cable for amp and PSU connection, so now I placed WES PSU and amp blocks on different shelves and that considerably dropped down the temperature of my WES:

Oct 28, 2014 at 5:07 AM Post #18,941 of 41,129
You two are listening to what many of us here consider as our "dream system" mates 
blink.gif

Oct 28, 2014 at 10:20 AM Post #18,942 of 41,129
Dear DragonOwen,

I have my air conditioning right on top of the shelf and I always set it blowing down. So its kinda like blowing down cool air from the back. I will still need to keep my eyes (or hand in this case) on the temp. Thank you for this sweet reminder. 

Btw have you tried any good music server? I am interested in one.

Cheers,

Alan

Quote:
  Oh, another MAC + Debussy + WES + 009 owner 
beerchug.gif

BTW, are you not afraid of overheat of WES in this positioning? It's just WES gets really hot after 3-4 hours of working even when it's on the upper shelf... I think that overheat may be the reason why one of filter chokes in my WES had broken (the resistence on it became almost 1/2 of it's should be (like it is on other 3 filter chokes), so it's probably was coil-winding short circuit), so when master was fixing (and modding) my WES I asked that he make long power cable for amp and PSU connection, so now I placed WES PSU and amp blocks on different shelves and that considerably dropped down the temperature of my WES:

Oct 28, 2014 at 10:41 AM Post #18,943 of 41,129
Btw have you tried any good music server? I am interested in one.

If it's about digital source, then I don't plan on change MacMini on anything, I bought Debussy partly because of some reviews from respected russian audiophiles that wrote that Debussy has amazing sinergy with MAC OS through USB, one of this reviewers have notebook with deep software and hardware customization which in his opinion better than anything he heard (Linn Akurate DS/1 as example), also he is a fan of Berkeley Alpha USB converter... but only with Debussy he couldn't make his ultimate notebook + Berkley USB outperform simple direct connection of his MacBook and Debussy via USB... I had a bit of my own experiments of course (Adnaco USB, Berkley USB, full SoTM stack + audio PC on Windows with SoTM USB card outside of computer box, ...) and they all confirmed that MacMini direct through USB is the best choice for Debussy... So I just upgraded MacMini to max: 16Gb of memory, 128Gb SSD (I don't need more capacity, because all music is on NAS) and line PSU. BTW I'm controlling my MacMini via network only, sometimes via my main PC on Windows through Splashtop, sometimes (mostly) via Ipad through JRemote (mostly) or Splashtop, so there are no monitor, mouse or keyboard connected to MacMini, only LAN, power cable and USB cable to Debussy. My music is on NAS that is standing in other room, so no noise from HDD at all 
redface.gif

Oct 28, 2014 at 11:07 AM Post #18,944 of 41,129
  If it's about digital source, then I don't plan on change MacMini on anything, I bought Debussy partly because of some reviews from respected russian audiophiles that wrote that Debussy has amazing sinergy with MAC OS through USB, one of this reviewers have notebook with deep software and hardware customization which in his opinion better than anything he heard (Linn Akurate DS/1 as example), also he is a fan of Berkeley Alpha USB converter... but only with Debussy he couldn't make his ultimate notebook + Berkley USB outperform simple direct connection of his MacBook and Debussy via USB... I had a bit of my own experiments of course (Adnaco USB, Berkley USB, full SoTM stack + audio PC on Windows with SoTM USB card outside of computer box, ...) and they all confirmed that MacMini direct through USB is the best choice for Debussy... So I just upgraded MacMini to max: 16Gb of memory, 128Gb SSD (I don't need more capacity, because all music is on NAS) and line PSU. BTW I'm controlling my MacMini via network only, sometimes via my main PC on Windows through Splashtop, sometimes (mostly) via Ipad through JRemote (mostly) or Splashtop, so there are no monitor, mouse or keyboard connected to MacMini, only LAN, power cable and USB cable to Debussy. My music is on NAS that is standing in other room, so no noise from HDD at all 
redface.gif

That is amazing info! Thanks a lot. Why didn't I think of the Mac Mini idea haha. I just hate turning to my macbook pro all the time (Which is on top of the shelf) when I change songs. Thank you so much for sharing~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back