Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Mar 22, 2014 at 10:01 PM Post #17,551 of 41,050

Hahaha well, the thing is that I've tried pretty much everything I wanted that's within my reach. I'd love to own a pair of 009s as well as original Omegas, R10s and Qualias, but they're too expensive for me. If I sold everything I could probably afford one of them, but I'd much rather have a group of headphones that encompass a large variety of music genres than only a single exorbitant headphone that may be perfect for some genres but that won't fit everything.

After a long time buying/selling/trading headphones, amps and DACs (I'm also a reviewer in my country, so I've listened to a whole bunch of things that aren't listed in my profile) I've come to a point where I know what I'm looking for in terms of sonic personalities – what makes me happy with the music I listen to. This is the group of headphones that I assembled. Obviously there's the audiophile itch that may convince me to try some new simplish things (think $200 portables) and sell them, but as for a definitive system for the long haul, this is it!

This is what everyone should strive for. Well said sir.

Indeed!

Beautiful system.  You should be proud.

Originally Posted by longbowbbs /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I always love your gear, Leonardo!

+4 
thumbsup.gif

Mar 23, 2014 at 9:50 AM Post #17,553 of 41,050
Hahaha well, the thing is that I've tried pretty much everything I wanted that's within my reach. I'd love to own a pair of 009s as well as original Omegas, R10s and Qualias, but they're too expensive for me. If I sold everything I could probably afford one of them, but I'd much rather have a group of headphones that encompass a large variety of music genres than only a single exorbitant headphone that may be perfect for some genres but that won't fit everything.

After a long time buying/selling/trading headphones, amps and DACs (I'm also a reviewer in my country, so I've listened to a whole bunch of things that aren't listed in my profile) I've come to a point where I know what I'm looking for in terms of sonic personalities – what makes me happy with the music I listen to. This is the group of headphones that I assembled. Obviously there's the audiophile itch that may convince me to try some new simplish things (think $200 portables) and sell them, but as for a definitive system for the long haul, this is it!

Nice setup. What kind of speakers are those?

Mar 23, 2014 at 10:20 AM Post #17,554 of 41,050
Nice setup. What kind of speakers are those?

Thanks, Byrnie!

They're nothing special, just a pair of ex-demo Dali Lektor 2s that I got for not much money! The speakers in the living room are the interesting ones :)

I do like Dali very much though, before the Lektors I used to have some Concept 2s. They have a very mellow – although slightly veiled – and rounded sound signature. Makes for a very enjoyable and comfortable experience.

Mar 23, 2014 at 10:29 AM Post #17,555 of 41,050
Thanks, Byrnie!

They're nothing special, just a pair of ex-demo Dali Lektor 2s that I got for not much money! The speakers in the living room are the interesting ones :)

I do like Dali very much though, before the Lektors I used to have some Concept 2s. They have a very mellow – although slightly veiled – and rounded sound signature. Makes for a very enjoyable and comfortable experience.

They're very nice looking speakers!

Mar 23, 2014 at 11:52 AM Post #17,564 of 41,050

I think that they call that an oxymoron. 
biggrin.gif

Nice setup rawdawg...

beerchug.gif

What do you mea by the "coldest" tubes you own?

They seem to add very little of they're own sound.  You could describe them as sterile, noiseless or whatever else floats your boat. There's very little rolloff on the mids and highs. In short i'd rate them only barely above the stock 6EW7's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back