Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Jan 14, 2014 at 7:02 PM Post #16,547 of 41,132
  I really like the look of that Rooms audio headphone stand.  Wish they shipped to the US.  

It might be worth emailing them to if they would make a special order!

Quote:
That is one sweet looking rig, just had a look at Thomann for the stand. I mean no offence by this, but is it honestly worth that much? 

Going by the sum of the components on this stand I don't think it is based on that alone and I have enough skill with my hands to be able to make something that is very similar from wood or metal but the thing is that not many people out there including myself have access to the materials and machinery to be able to do it so we're left with buying manufactured ones like this. It's high quality of course and well balanced/designed and that comes at a premium cost.

The other thing is that it's quite a niche market for this sort of thing. Look on eBay for headphone stands and anything that looks remotely similar in this style costs £50+ whereas acrylic omega variants are half the cost.

I thought of it like this.
The X1 is an expensive headphone and a stylish and supremely built one too so because of that I was happy to buy a stand that was equally impressive to look at and use and won't look dated in years to come. I think it matches the styling of the X1 perfectly :)

Nice, clean setup!
How's the NAD D3020 as a headphone amp?  I was looking at it last night just to run some desktop speakers.  I haven't found any powered speakers that I like so was thinking about going the D3020 route + Paradigm MilleniaOne or Martin Logan Motion 4..

It's really really nice as a headphone amp but also as a desktop amp for powering speakers of many varieties. Review sites tested them with speakers costing thousands of £ but I've got a pair of Tannoy V4 floorstanders and they produce cinema like noises in movies and auditorium like music. For a medium to large sized room you're going to get really good performance, loud enough to annoy the neighbours too.

This is a slightly more organised version of my rig

That lot looks mighty impressive and expensive!

Jan 15, 2014 at 12:59 AM Post #16,548 of 41,132

Don't know if it's worth the cheddar, that would be a personal thing. However, I'm pretty much decided in wanting one with that type of curved surface to minimize any pressure points on the headband. I only know of that one, the Woo Audio ones (which I have en route), and the plastic, table-edge ones from Sennheiser (which I'll probably get too for quick/ease of use).

Jan 15, 2014 at 11:49 AM Post #16,550 of 41,132
Don't know if it's worth the cheddar, that would be a personal thing. However, I'm pretty much decided in wanting one with that type of curved surface to minimize any pressure points on the headband. I only know of that one, the Woo Audio ones (which I have en route), and the plastic, table-edge ones from Sennheiser (which I'll probably get too for quick/ease of use).

Jan 15, 2014 at 12:39 PM Post #16,551 of 41,132

Chord Hugo, Bluetooth-paired with an Apple iPod Touch 64GB, playing music with MOG. At the time of this photo, I was walking around with the AKG K812, and didn't want any extra wires dangling from the rig, so I opted to use the Hugo's Bluetooth connectivity. 

While this setup certainly doesn't extract the best from the Hugo, it is fantastic to have Bluetooth connectivity (and MOG) for a quick fix of music.

Jan 15, 2014 at 12:51 PM Post #16,552 of 41,132

I keep going back to look at them! Very attractive, just a shame I've nothing attractive to put with them :p

Jan 15, 2014 at 1:05 PM Post #16,553 of 41,132
The woos are good, the room fs is the best.

Definitely agree, and wish they were available here in the US without having to pay so much to ship them from overseas.

I keep going back to look at them! Very attractive, just a shame I've nothing attractive to put with them :p

Well, get working on that. :D Though, I think almost anything would look good on those. :)

Jan 15, 2014 at 1:41 PM Post #16,554 of 41,132

57f82ca4_ChordHugowithiPodTouch2of2.jpeg

Chord Hugo, Bluetooth-paired with an Apple iPod Touch 64GB, playing music with MOG. At the time of this photo, I was walking around with the AKG K812, and didn't want any extra wires dangling from the rig, so I opted to use the Hugo's Bluetooth connectivity. 

While this setup certainly doesn't extract the best from the Hugo, it is fantastic to have Bluetooth connectivity (and MOG) for a quick fix of music.

You should have included a pic of the Akg :D

Jan 15, 2014 at 3:31 PM Post #16,555 of 41,132
Got my stand today. They are solidly built!

Jan 15, 2014 at 3:46 PM Post #16,557 of 41,132
That is very nice!

Although the cables just mess about which is a shame but perfect especially with 2 cans, I guess if you had one pair only the cable could go on the other end though :p

Jan 15, 2014 at 3:59 PM Post #16,559 of 41,132
That is very nice!

Although the cables just mess about which is a shame but perfect especially with 2 cans, I guess if you had one pair only the cable could go on the other end though :p

Yeah, just gotta live with the cables that way. I really wanted multiples of the Single version, but just too pricey that way. So, I opted for the dual. I might still buy another one, a Single, down the road. Or, just spring for a bit more and get the Rooms one. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back