Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Dec 8, 2013 at 7:54 PM Post #16,051 of 41,118
  Ah, the Element. Gotta love a car whose interior can be practically hosed down.

If they were still making them I probably would have bought one...

Dec 8, 2013 at 8:34 PM Post #16,053 of 41,118
It can be wiped down for sure. Hosed down if u don't care about your electrical. I am on my second one now. The first got near totaled by a teenager in a leased BMW then when I got it back a tree fell on it after a storm and it was declared totaled.

It was one of the first ones too.

Current one is….

Dec 9, 2013 at 12:35 AM Post #16,055 of 41,118
  Some new stuff have been added since last time (yes, I'm going to tidy up all cables some day when I'm bored out of my mind :))... sony kdl 55w905a (love it), sony bdv-n7100w (hdmi arc is a buggy POS, other than that it's ok), jbl studio 590's (just got them yesturday...the tape on the floor is where the XTZ speakers stood, marked just in case the JBL's gets sold and XTZ's gets put back in their place)

the speaker people are invading this thread

Dec 9, 2013 at 5:39 AM Post #16,057 of 41,118

That looks great, I just can imagine myself, a good bottle of whisky and some chilling music. Dreams just dreams

Thanks kindly. I've always enjoyed listening to music over the years in low light at night. Well, at Uni I had to wait for the homework to get done and them turn 'em down!
normal_smile .gif

It's strange a thing yet, it seems natural that when you can't see distractions or too much of anything while listening to music, the brain seems more open; receptive. Leaving music to really blossom inside my head.

I guess closing my eyes would work... 
tongue_smile.gif

Dec 9, 2013 at 7:53 AM Post #16,058 of 41,118
It can be wiped down for sure. Hosed down if u don't care about your electrical. I am on my second one now. The first got near totaled by a teenager in a leased BMW then when I got it back a tree fell on it after a storm and it was declared totaled.

We had one from 2004 to 2008, and it was absolutely perfect for beach days and bringing our dog everywhere.

Dec 9, 2013 at 8:10 AM Post #16,059 of 41,118

Thanks kindly. I've always enjoyed listening to music over the years in low light at night. Well, at Uni I had to wait for the homework to get done and them turn 'em down!
normal_smile%20.gif

It's strange a thing yet, it seems natural that when you can't see distractions or too much of anything while listening to music, the brain seems more open; receptive. Leaving music to really blossom inside my head.

I guess closing my eyes would work... 
tongue_smile.gif

Ha ha, thats funny. I always listen to music in the dark as well. I have gotten mixed reaction for doing it down through the years. 

Dec 9, 2013 at 8:19 AM Post #16,060 of 41,118

Oh no, not "the speaker people"
rolleyes.gif
 Part of the system is the heed audio canalot head amp
beerchug.gif
 I've got a heed canamp on the other side of the room aswell, but nothing has changed there since last picture.

And for those wondering: the 590s sounds great, but should (to my ears) be matched to dark sounding electronics (like the heed audio stuff I have). Anything neutral or bright would make the treble a bit to aggressive for my taste.

Dec 9, 2013 at 2:00 PM Post #16,062 of 41,118
 a tree fell on it after a storm and it was declared totaled.

Cripes, look more like the tree threw up on it.

I know a lot of people decry it as an ugly box on wheels, but I haul a lot of crap around... a box with wheels is what I need! At this rate I'm only a step away from getting a creepy white windowless van.

Dec 9, 2013 at 3:39 PM Post #16,063 of 41,118

Some new stuff have been added since last time (yes, I'm going to tidy up all cables some day when I'm bored out of my mind :))... sony kdl 55w905a (love it), sony bdv-n7100w (hdmi arc is a buggy POS, other than that it's ok), jbl studio 590's (just got them yesturday...the tape on the floor is where the XTZ speakers stood, marked just in case the JBL's gets sold and XTZ's gets put back in their place)

I don't know what you're talking about!!
Here are my baby JBL's.

Dec 9, 2013 at 7:31 PM Post #16,064 of 41,118

Users who are viewing this thread

Back