Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Dec 8, 2013 at 1:18 AM Post #16,036 of 41,371
  Thank you.  No not a Zodiac, actually that is on my list for whenever i can afford it.  My main dac is in an earlier picture, which is a PSaudio digital link that was totally reworked with a high end clock.  However that is assigned to my headphone rig fed by The Diverter usb converter and Amarra.  

What you are seeing there is my initial setup which is a Musical Fidelity xdac v3 with the external power supply and a tube buffer.  There is also an xdac v3 headphone amplifier that gets only occasional use.  There is also a dacmagic dac that is fed by the tv optical out to the amp as well.  The amp is a Primare I21  and the speakers are The Revel Concerto F12.  There is also an REL R-205 subwoofer in the corner.  

It's all a couple of years old now, maybe 2007-2009 stuff but just cause new things come out doesn't make what you have sound any worse.  It suits me perfectly except for the eventual Zodiac, which will go to the HP rig feeding my Zana Duex amp and the PSaudio will go to the speaker side.  I dumped a bunch of cash over three or four years and now it has to be something special for an upgrade.  The last two things were W3000anv and the AK120 within the last year so that is a couple of grand that pushed back that Zodiac.  Choices…..
redface.gif

choices and sacrifices, if i wasn't into acoustic and electric guitars i would have all the headphone related gear i want. If sold all my guitar gear i could afford any headphone rig even 009/BHSE but there are other things that are also important. 

Dec 8, 2013 at 1:32 AM Post #16,037 of 41,371
  choices and sacrifices, if i wasn't into acoustic and electric guitars i would have all the headphone related gear i want. If sold all my guitar gear i could afford any headphone rig even 009/BHSE but there are other things that are also important. 

Yep, that's how it is, i have way too many surfboards too
biggrin.gif

Here is the factory link to the F12 speaker.  http://www.revelspeakers.com/Products/Details/51#specs

I tell you, i would buy them all over again, they are still in production but they are hard to find.  I went to a store looking for them because they were no where in stock anywhere.  The store was appointment only, no one answered and it looked closed.  I finally caught someone there and they had a floor model with limited use, they were closing the store and gave them to me for half price as is, with a little mark that i couldn't barely see.  I would have paid full price just to get my hands on a pair at that point so i was ecstatic.  Think they have to be special ordered because all the dealers want to sell you the higher end Revel stuff.

Dec 8, 2013 at 1:50 AM Post #16,038 of 41,371
  Yep, that's how it is, i have way too many surfboards too
biggrin.gif

Here is the factory link to the F12 speaker.  http://www.revelspeakers.com/Products/Details/51#specs

I tell you, i would buy them all over again, they are still in production but they are hard to find.  I went to a store looking for them because they were no where in stock anywhere.  The store was appointment only, no one answered and it looked closed.  I finally caught someone there and they had a floor model with limited use, they were closing the store and gave them to me for half price as is, with a little mark that i couldn't barely see.  I would have paid full price just to get my hands on a pair at that point so i was ecstatic.  Think they have to be special ordered because all the dealers want to sell you the higher end Revel stuff.

Half price off retail on those Revel F12's with a slight cosmetic blemish seems like a steal.  As long as the sound is beautiful, a few nicks here and there aren't a huge deal.  

Dec 8, 2013 at 2:14 AM Post #16,039 of 41,371
I bought them on the spot and loaded them in the Element and off i went, couldn't wipe the smile off my face.

Edit-of course all my wife could say was "They're freakin' furniture, what are you thinking!"  She thinks speakers should be flat and small……..and i won't even tell you what i hear about headphones….

Dec 8, 2013 at 6:22 AM Post #16,040 of 41,371
Some new stuff have been added since last time (yes, I'm going to tidy up all cables some day when I'm bored out of my mind :))... sony kdl 55w905a (love it), sony bdv-n7100w (hdmi arc is a buggy POS, other than that it's ok), jbl studio 590's (just got them yesturday...the tape on the floor is where the XTZ speakers stood, marked just in case the JBL's gets sold and XTZ's gets put back in their place)

Dec 8, 2013 at 9:16 AM Post #16,042 of 41,371
  I bought them on the spot and loaded them in the Element and off i went, couldn't wipe the smile off my face.

Edit-of course all my wife could say was "They're freakin' furniture, what are you thinking!"  She thinks speakers should be flat and small……..and i won't even tell you what i hear about headphones….

Ideally, you won't have to hear anything with the headphones 
evil_smiley.gif

Dec 8, 2013 at 9:18 AM Post #16,043 of 41,371

I sold one of my PRS Tremonti's to fund the Cary purchase...What do you do? (sigh)

Dec 8, 2013 at 2:23 PM Post #16,045 of 41,371
  Yes that's why i have several closed phones to choose from.
wink.gif

And she'll have 500 pairs of shoes to choose from so I wouldn't worry about it :D 

My vintage amplifier collection is currently invading my wife's shoe cupboard... It's a space war! It could get nasty.   

Dec 8, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #16,046 of 41,371
Wow.. nice.. hope is sounds as awesome as it looks.

Quote:
  Some new stuff have been added since last time (yes, I'm going to tidy up all cables some day when I'm bored out of my mind :))... sony kdl 55w905a (love it), sony bdv-n7100w (hdmi arc is a buggy POS, other than that it's ok), jbl studio 590's (just got them yesturday...the tape on the floor is where the XTZ speakers stood, marked just in case the JBL's gets sold and XTZ's gets put back in their place)

Dec 8, 2013 at 5:49 PM Post #16,047 of 41,371

Ah, the Element. Gotta love a car whose interior can be practically hosed down.

Dec 8, 2013 at 5:49 PM Post #16,048 of 41,371

Wow, those JBLs look like something else.

Dec 8, 2013 at 6:18 PM Post #16,050 of 41,371

oh sweet jesus that looks delicious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back