Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Mar 21, 2013 at 8:14 PM Post #12,241 of 41,463
Quote:
For me it's not too bright. Sibilance and brightness are different, IMO. There's too much sizzle but it's not an ice pick to the ear kind of thing like the ED10.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure there's quite a bit of variation on the T1's sound signature. The one's I used to own were very smooth...no sizzle or sibilance whatsoever.

Mar 21, 2013 at 8:43 PM Post #12,244 of 41,463
Quote:
Beyer doesn't exactly have the highest QC when it comes to driver matching.

Agreed from what I've seen. But that said, I've owned the DT770/600, DT880/600, DT1350 and T1s and all were pretty darn good!

Mar 21, 2013 at 8:51 PM Post #12,246 of 41,463
Quote:
Back to a picture.

WOWZA.

So...what's 
smiley_thumb.gif
 for dinner? That's flat out gorgeous! I'd certainly want dinner under that lighting.

Mar 21, 2013 at 8:58 PM Post #12,248 of 41,463
Don't get me wrong, I like Beyers to an extent (770s are rockin', as are some OTLed 880s) but on a headphone as expensive as the T1 it's unacceptable.

Quote:
Agreed from what I've seen. But that said, I've owned the DT770/600, DT880/600, DT1350 and T1s and all were pretty darn good!

Let me try to dig up a graph...It's been pretty serious on a few T1s I've seen over the years.

(Maxvla might come to the rescue before I can find one)

EDIT: Not exactly what I wanted, but purrin talks about it a bit here.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/566929/headphone-csd-waterfall-plots/180#post_7785685

Quote:

Question: How is there so much variance in driver frequency response that driver matching is a necessity?

Mar 21, 2013 at 9:02 PM Post #12,249 of 41,463
Quote:
Yeah the only cans I really 'like' anymore are the TH900 and HD800. 

Sure the D7000 is okay, as is the HE500, but they're not up to par like the other 2. Audeze doesn't do it for me anymore and the HE6 never has. 

You really do like less and less as time goes on here.

I'm kind of falling out of love with my HE500s too. They have great sound, but I miss the impact and sound pressure you get from a Dynamic driver. I've been auditioning some Signature DJ's since yesterday and so far, they are my new "holy grail". Having said that, I'm very aware we are still in the Honeymoom Phase and it may take a couple more days before I start to pick them apart. We'll see... So far I love 'em. I hope it lasts... 
tongue.gif

Mar 21, 2013 at 9:05 PM Post #12,250 of 41,463
Finally heard the Signature DJs at the Austin meet and while I liked them the treble seemed a bit off. I'd like more time with them though.

Quote:
I'm kind of falling out of love with my HE500s too. They have great sound, but I miss the impact and sound pressure you get from a Dynamic driver. I've been auditioning some Signature DJ's since yesterday and so far, they are my new "holy grail". Having said that, I'm very aware we are still in the Honeymoom Phase and it may take a couple more days before I start to pick them apart. We'll see... So far I love 'em. I hope it lasts... 
tongue.gif

Mar 21, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #12,251 of 41,463
Quote:
Finally heard the Signature DJs at the Austin meet and while I liked them the treble seemed a bit off. I'd like more time with them though.

That was actually the one part i was pleasantly surprised about. Then again, I'm coming from the Pro 900s which I didn't care for the Treble at all. The Sig DJ's don't sound too bright on my rig so far, but they are still new to me. I also don't notice the "S-logic" like I did on the 900s. If it's there, it's very subtle.  My Amp is a Grace M903 and those have a fairly dark signature so it could just be they are a better match than what you heard at the meet. 

Mar 21, 2013 at 9:15 PM Post #12,252 of 41,463
Only heard 'em on the LF, but I pretty much know what to expect with the LF. Love the Signature Pros.

Then again, the rig was streaming Spotify so who knows. That's why I didn't really judge. :D

Quote:
That was actually the one part i was pleasantly surprised about. Then again, I'm coming from the Pro 900s which I didn't care for the Treble at all. The Sig DJ's don't sound too bright on my rig so far, but they are still new to me. I also don't notice the "S-logic" like I did on the 900s. If it's there, it's very subtle.  My Amp is a Grace M903 and those have a fairly dark signature so it could just be they are a better match than what you heard at the meet. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back