Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Feb 13, 2013 at 4:23 PM Post #11,177 of 41,463
My first rig:

More pics down in my sig:

Feb 13, 2013 at 4:31 PM Post #11,179 of 41,463
Quote:
I would love to see some more current Head-Fi station photos...

The old...

900x900px-LL-ea976232_IMG_5327.jpeg

From left to right:
Koss something, Grado something, AKG K240 Sextett MP, Beyer DT880 (250 ohm?), Beyer DT250 (250 ohm), Audio Technica ATH-A900, Pioneer HDJ-200, Sennheiser HD25-1-ii, AiAiAi TMA-1, V-Moda M80, Beyerdynamic DT1350, Beyerdynamic T50p, Realistic Pro30, Jana Labs BJ-2000 (I love that name)

at bottom: Ortofon EQ7, Shure SE215

Not shown: who knows anymore

The new...

From left to right:
Fostex T50rp (my own mods w/J$ Beyer pads), V-Moda Crosfade (w/T50rp drivers), Fostex T50rp (modified BMF DBV3), Fostex T50rp (BMF DBV#3 on loan), HiFiMAN HE-6

Not shown:
Fostex T50rp 
size]

amps: Nuforce Icon2 speaker amp (for the HE-6), Nuforce HDP (to feed the Icon2 and for regular headphones), Nuforce LPS (power supply for the previous two, and spdif bridge for the HDP)

Feb 13, 2013 at 4:50 PM Post #11,181 of 41,463
While I have no opinion on the effect of vibration dampening on digital audio, I would like to point out that you, Silent One, are being extremely condescending to those who have questions about your rig, and there is no need for you to be so.

While I have not heard your system and therefore have no right to comment on it, you have to admit that it is a point worthy of contention as the very fine points of audio hardware are quite subject to FUD. What could have been an opportunity to educate us on how and why it makes a difference, instead turned into you egging on the naysayers by being the type of person most people like to prove wrong.

We are all here for the same thing and we are all eager to learn more about our hobby. There is no need for such attitude on anyone's part.

As for my actual hardware, I may post later, but it is quite difficult to get a good shot because my room has very, very poor lighting, and as a result, makes everything inside of it unphotogenic.

Feb 13, 2013 at 5:00 PM Post #11,183 of 41,463
One issue may be the fact that people would want him to educate every time he posts a picture of his rig. I vaguely remember him going fairly in depth one of the first times he posted it. 

At this point he'd have to write a lecture every time he posts in this thread. He's probably just gotten tired of defending it and become snarky. :D

Quote:
While I have no opinion on the effect of vibration dampening on digital audio, I would like to point out that you, Silent One, are being extremely condescending to those who have questions about your rig, and there is no need for you to be so.

While I have not heard your system and therefore have no right to comment on it, you have to admit that it is a point worthy of contention as the very fine points of audio hardware are quite subject to FUD. What could have been an opportunity to educate us on how and why it makes a difference, instead turned into you egging on the naysayers by being the type of person most people like to prove wrong.

We are all here for the same thing and we are all eager to learn more about our hobby. There is no need for such attitude on anyone's part.

Feb 13, 2013 at 5:01 PM Post #11,184 of 41,463
Quote:
Very tasteful first rig. Good stuff!

Thanks

My next project is getting a Turntable rig together in the next few weeks.

Feb 13, 2013 at 6:00 PM Post #11,185 of 41,463
Quote:

As for my actual hardware, I may post later, but it is quite difficult to get a good shot because my room has very, very poor lighting, and as a result, makes everything inside of it unphotogenic.

Sorry, this view isn't correct. Anyone care to read conversations from the beginning, as opposed to the latest posts? You'll see that I was patient and engaged any and everyone, despite this being a picture thread. I was polite at every turn, even after the original antagonist suggested that I didn't understand computers and computer audio. Or what the heck I was doing.

We can agree to disagree but I take exception to being portrayed as condescending. 

FURTHER Comments anyone? Please PM me. This invite was kindly expressed earlier as well...

Kind Regards,

S.O.

Feb 13, 2013 at 6:12 PM Post #11,186 of 41,463
Quote:
You deserve the praise. That's super cool. I'm going to copy the $hit out of that for my office! I hope you don't mind...

Nah, I don't mind at all. I am wondering if it is funner to see the stand being used for HP, or emptying the bottle to get the stand.. I just might have to start a big collection of headphones, just so I can get more stands.....=P

Feb 13, 2013 at 6:38 PM Post #11,188 of 41,463
Quote:

I really don't feel that Silent One has been condescending. People are questioning his dampening, and he's answering each and every one of them. S.O. has to defend his setup, and to put real soul behind any argument, you have to truly believe in your side. He certainly does :p Also, being rude isn't an effective way to stop snobbishness. Let's get back to sharing rig pics. 

Feb 13, 2013 at 6:56 PM Post #11,189 of 41,463
Quote:
Interesting, I hadn't heard you did that. Got a thread on it?

Here you go... http://www.head-fi.org/t/648893/ortho-transplant-t50rp-drivers-into-v-moda-crossfade-in-progress-lots-of-pictures

Feb 13, 2013 at 8:18 PM Post #11,190 of 41,463
Quote:

Here you go... http://www.head-fi.org/t/648893/ortho-transplant-t50rp-drivers-into-v-moda-crossfade-in-progress-lots-of-pictures

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back