Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Feb 7, 2013 at 7:44 PM Post #10,951 of 41,248
Quote:
The Crack+Speedball has arrived...

{ snipidy snipped the picture }

That's some nice ampage you have there :)

The soloist have an iron fist on the sound like i thought the lyr did when I had one?

~M

Feb 7, 2013 at 7:49 PM Post #10,952 of 41,248
Feb 7, 2013 at 7:58 PM Post #10,953 of 41,248
Quote:
My ESP-950 gets less use than it deserves these days, but every once in a while it gets out to play and beat up my other headphones. I tend to forget how great they really are.

If you forget about them again, I'm always in the market for another pair
wink_face.gif

Feb 7, 2013 at 9:24 PM Post #10,954 of 41,248
Quote:
That's some nice ampage you have there :)

The soloist have an iron fist on the sound like i thought the lyr did when I had one?

The Burson is a fine amp without a doubt, but I find the Lyr with a nice pair of vintage Bugle Boys more pleasing with my Senns. The Crack on the other hand, well, it's too soon to say for sure, but I just *may* be putting some Schiit up for sale soon. Possibly. I'll be spending some more quality time with all of this fine equipment before I make a final decision, but the Bottlehead simply kicks booty with the HD-650. The glowing testimonials are there for very good reason.

Feb 7, 2013 at 9:27 PM Post #10,955 of 41,248
Quote:

Will that nice Schiit next to it be neglected now because of it?

Oh, I love my Lyr and actually prefer it to the Soloist with my setup. However I just may have developed a Crack addiction today. A few more weeks will tell me for sure, but the Crack is most definitely a force to be reckoned with in this equation.
biggrin.gif

Feb 7, 2013 at 9:49 PM Post #10,956 of 41,248
Quote:

The Burson is a fine amp without a doubt, but I find the Lyr with a nice pair of vintage Bugle Boys more pleasing with my Senns. The Crack on the other hand, well, it's too soon to say for sure, but I just *may* be putting some Schiit up for sale soon. Possibly. I'll be spending some more quality time with all of this fine equipment before I make a final decision, but the Bottlehead simply kicks booty with the HD-650. The glowing testimonials are there for very good reason.

Nice, I've really itched to try the bottlehead! That itch went away when I first got my CTH but true to head-fi form the bottlehead looks good again :) I'm not sure it would fair as well with my current headphones as it does with the hd6xx series... Enjoy my friend, and good luck deciding what to do with the Lyr :wink:

~M

Feb 7, 2013 at 10:27 PM Post #10,957 of 41,248
The speaker placement is.....less than ideal.....to say the least. But its quite literally the only configuration possible for this room. I could take out the book case and go at a diagonal/corner desk type setup but the table legs would get in the way and speaker placement still wouldnt be that great. I've sold the Audioengine A5's up there, but right now there is a problem with the area the subwoofer crosses over and the speakers drop out. Very boomy and such.

HD650 and O2 on the way, fed from AMB Gamma 2 F++.

Feb 8, 2013 at 2:07 PM Post #10,959 of 41,248
Quote:
LA Audio EQ231-G

Looking at those settings, they must be listening to LCD2. A little added roll off at the sub level, a dash down in the upper mids and a slight upward tilt for the upper treble. More hifi friendly :wink: 

Feb 8, 2013 at 7:28 PM Post #10,960 of 41,248
As far as this setup goes I am pretty much done when it comes to audio equipment. I have all the pieces I ever wanted, at least for as long as I own this place: its a condo so I can't realistically buy (and enjoy) anything more powerful than what I have, and at the volumes that I do listen at this stuff all sounds wonderful. So here we go:

First a Panoramic View:

The Main Setup:

Labeled:

Computer Desk Setup:

Labeled:

Portable Setup:

Media Closet (unfinished - needs painting):

Labeled:

Now some more detailed shots:

Entertainment Center featuring: Wharfedale Evo2-30 Towers as fronts, Evo2 Center Channel, Evo2-20 Towers as rears (not shown), REL T2 Sub (not shown), Denon AVR-4311CI, Oppo BDP-105, Rega RP1, Sony PS3 and TiVo Premiere. Also shown: Sennheiser HD650 (powered by the Oppo's wonderful built-in headphone amp).

Computer Desk with a 22" AOC monitor, Wharfedale Diamond 7.1 Bookshelf speakers, Fiio E9 Headphone Amp. The 7.1s and Fiio E9 are fed by a Yamaha HTR 3064 Reciever which is fed by a Yamaha S2500 SACD Player via analog, and either the computer's E-MU 1212m PCI Sound Card (when running JRiver for music or Audacity/Sonar 4 when ripping LPs and editing the WAVs) or the onboard RealTekHD card (when doing everything else)

Tall Shot of my computer area showing off my LZ I blown up album cover!

Some of the Equipment:

Rel T2 Sub

Rega RP1 Turntable

Sennheiser HD650s

Wharfedale Evo2 Center, Denon AVR-4311CI, Oppo BDP-105

PC: 3rd Gen Core i7, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 240GB SSD, 7TB of HDD storage space, ATI HD5750 Graphics Card, E-MU 1212m PCI 192K/24-Bit Sound Card, Windows 8 Pro 64-Bit.

Where the computer outputs its sound: Yamaha HTR-3064 and a Yamaha DVD-S2500 SACD-DVDA-CD Player

As for the future, like I said, audio equipment for my living room/computer area I am pretty much set. I can only see myself adding MAYBE a headphone tube amp (but thats hard to justify because the Oppo does such nice work with my HD650s). I could see myself buying a few more pairs of cans: HD700s for home use, Amperiors and/or Momentums for road use with my PX360s going to my wife, and maybe some HD598s for desk/office use.

However, I do realize that my little 40" TV looks quite silly on my big ass wall, so eventually a 60" TV will make its way there. My friend is also trading me his slightly older but slightly higher end Yamaha HTR 5950 for my 3064, so that will temporarily reside as my computer amp.  When I get my 60" TV for the living room, my 40" will go to my bedroom where I dont have anything hooked up yet. The 5950 will go to the bedroom, where I also have a Sony SACD Changer, and I will probably pick up an old Oppo DVP-980 or Denon 2910 and run it analog out to the Yamaha HTR 5950 (which does NOT have HDMI). The PS3 will also makes its way there as a BR player and I will connect it and the cable box via HDMI directly to the TV, and sound will be optical to the Yamaha for both. As far as speakers go, I am on the fence of getting a set of Wharfedale Achromatic speakers, probably one of the two towers as fronts, and the rest the smaller, or maybe picking up a used set of Wharfedale Zaldeks, or maybe just go Frankenstein and pick up whatever used/good deal Wharfedales I come across Ebay or Craigslist until I have 5.1 of them. 

Feb 8, 2013 at 7:33 PM Post #10,961 of 41,248
Quote:
The speaker placement is.....less than ideal.....to say the least. But its quite literally the only configuration possible for this room. I could take out the book case and go at a diagonal/corner desk type setup but the table legs would get in the way and speaker placement still wouldnt be that great. I've sold the Audioengine A5's up there, but right now there is a problem with the area the subwoofer crosses over and the speakers drop out. Very boomy and such.

HD650 and O2 on the way, fed from AMB Gamma 2 F++.

Really Loving the look of this setup! I'm jelly..

Feb 8, 2013 at 7:44 PM Post #10,962 of 41,248
1 Hour old...New Wyred 4 Sound DAC-2 joining the Decware CSP2+.

Feb 8, 2013 at 8:33 PM Post #10,965 of 41,248
Quote:
The REL is gorgeous. Those were always my favorite of their line. Why a White RP1 though?

It was a demo, cheaper price. Problem is that I ordered it on a Wednesday and by Sunday they had a grey one also on sale as a demo!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back