Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Jul 10, 2012 at 5:39 PM Post #7,126 of 41,120
Quote:
Heck ya! I still regularly listen to cassette

hooked up the 'ol cassette deck, dug up many of my tapes... and .... broken!

out of all the gear i've ever owned (including my original NES game system, turntables, etc.) none have faltered - until now. guess it wasn't meant to be. my tapes are stuck inside and the decks won't open or play. might have to look for my old walkman to satiate my nostalgia.

Jul 10, 2012 at 6:09 PM Post #7,127 of 41,120
Yo,

I spy a Genesis Model 2. I also have a NES but it's NIB. I use my Retron3 to play NES/SNES/Genesis games, all on one system. Also the NES is quite durable and if the pins for the reader ever break, you can buy a replacement for around $10.

Quote:

hooked up the 'ol cassette deck, dug up many of my tapes... and .... broken!

out of all the gear i've ever owned (including my original NES game system, turntables, etc.) none have faltered - until now. guess it wasn't meant to be. my tapes are stuck inside and the decks won't open or play. might have to look for my old walkman to satiate my nostalgia.

Jul 10, 2012 at 6:38 PM Post #7,128 of 41,120

Nothing's really changed but I did get a new (to me) Klipsch subwoofer a while ago, plus I'm bored so here ya go...

@Bee inthe Attic, I think that's one of the few cassette setups I've seen in this thread. Good thing you can find decent cassette players second-hand.

Jul 10, 2012 at 6:44 PM Post #7,129 of 41,120
Well then, I guess it's kind of ironic that I have this Teac C-3X deck. I tested out one of my dad's old cassettes with it a while back and it seems to work ok, not that I ever actually use it for anything other than the fact that I think it looks cool.
tongue_smile.gif

(This is an old picture.)

Jul 10, 2012 at 6:48 PM Post #7,130 of 41,120
Quote:
Yo,

I spy a Genesis Model 2. I also have a NES but it's NIB. I use my Retron3 to play NES/SNES/Genesis games, all on one system. Also the NES is quite durable and if the pins for the reader ever break, you can buy a replacement for around $10.

that's awesome.

Quote:

@Bee inthe Attic, I think that's one of the few cassette setups I've seen in this thread. Good thing you can find decent cassette players second-hand.

not second hand. bought it in 1992. been in storage for the last decade, and I just hooked it up today. doesn't want to play though.

Jul 10, 2012 at 6:54 PM Post #7,131 of 41,120
Quote:
not second hand. bought it in 1992. been in storage for the last decade, and I just hooked it up today. doesn't want to play though.

Right, well that's what I'm saying. If you wanted another cassette player and you can't get yours to work, they're easy to find second-hand and very cheap.

Jul 10, 2012 at 7:09 PM Post #7,133 of 41,120
that's awesome.

probably worn out belt. them sitting around for while in consent changes in humidity and temperature can cause the belts to wear down. doesn't take much either with most decks. just takes time.

Jul 10, 2012 at 11:34 PM Post #7,135 of 41,120
Quote:
Been a long time since I posted my rig here.
Yesterday I finished three DIY monitor stands. (note that both screens and speakers are 'monitors' in this case).
I then decided to clean everything up and make some pictures. The quality is so-so, even though I used a decent camera. I'm just oblivious when it comes to photography.

Wow pretty epic! Always wanted a 3 screen setup but I like mine pretty good too. I like my setup to have a very small footprint and be sleek. I'll post pics as soon as I get around to cleaning up a little. Thanks for sharing.

Jul 10, 2012 at 11:52 PM Post #7,137 of 41,120
My dad has a fairly big cassette collection (IMO). I'll have to post pics of it along with my deck, It came with my other stereo gear and that turnbed out to be decent after I became an audiophile and researched it, so maybe my cassette deck is actually decent, but I didn't think so (just an assumption price-wise, sounds fine to me).
Too bad I'm out of town at the moment..hopefully I'll remember :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back