Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Jul 10, 2012 at 12:55 AM Post #7,098 of 41,050
Quote:

I'm not sure if I'm reading the meaning behind this response correctly, but I wasn't trying to put anyone/thing down by my comment. Just a harmless fact statement. Me being relatively young definitely has a lot to do with it.

i was just making fun of my embarrassing tape collection..... first listing some, and then pretending that i never owned them.

i do have a sweet spot for those aforementioned bands though. i also have hundreds of dead and phish shows on cassette in storage somewhere that i'm all excited to find. wow, posts above have inspired me to dig up my tape deck. i'll post some pictures when it's all set up.

Jul 10, 2012 at 1:05 AM Post #7,099 of 41,050
Quote:

Thanks!  My favorite headphone I've heard so far.  The LCD-2 with a good vinyl album is absolute musical heaven for me.

That sounds like heaven there! Are you running a tube or ss headphones amp? I have been running a ss amp since day one of my venture into the HeadFi world but have wanted to try out a tube headphones amps for comparison. I am running tubes in my HiFi system and was thinking it would bring the same effect as it has on my loudspeakers.

Jul 10, 2012 at 1:45 AM Post #7,100 of 41,050
Quote:
That sounds like heaven there! Are you running a tube or ss headphones amp? I have been running a ss amp since day one of my venture into the HeadFi world but have wanted to try out a tube headphones amps for comparison. I am running tubes in my HiFi system and was thinking it would bring the same effect as it has on my loudspeakers.

A ss amp.  I'm actually running the turntable through my old Pioneer receiver that has a phono stage.  I had been using a Bellari VP130 tube phono stage and headphone amp but I liked the Pioneer sound better.

Jul 10, 2012 at 6:32 AM Post #7,101 of 41,050
Quote:

Hm. For the most part I've never owned or used physical media ever :p

HERESY!
sorry, had to :p
Physical media is just sooooooo much nicer, be it cds (which I prefer) vinyl, or even reel to reel, cassette, 8track etc for the extreme cats out there.

Also, sorry all for the use of cats, been listening to alot of jazz as of late....

Jul 10, 2012 at 6:37 AM Post #7,102 of 41,050
It's alright, still some night cats out doin' music... and other! 
biggrin.gif

Jul 10, 2012 at 9:36 AM Post #7,105 of 41,050
Sorry to quote pictures guys, but this was awhile back, and I just noticed it, and it might not be seen, but:

dailydoseofdaly, is that a Kay bass? I think I spy the badge down there on the tailpiece. Strung with Spiro mediums I believe? That's really cool man, I've got a Kay from 1941 and just put some Velvets on it, it sings. What year was yours made?

Yeah it's a Kay 1963. Plays great

Jul 10, 2012 at 11:59 AM Post #7,106 of 41,050
Just a quick note to say I'm loving this thread. I'm very new to all of this and have been using the photos to look up/learn about various pieces of gear. Keep the great photos coming!

If only they actually did that. Too much text, guys!

On a related note, if you want to see some more stuff, check out the Tumblr. in my signature. Got an insane amount of pictures of head-fi rigs on there.

Jul 10, 2012 at 1:05 PM Post #7,109 of 41,050
Rearranged my setup (again) and reinforced it with some Stax.

I designed and built this state-of-the art wooden mini-shelf myself, using only the finest high-end audiophile components, such as IKEA pen holders and double sided tape. It adds a completely new sense of luxury to my system. Needless to say that the improvements it made to sound quality are tremendous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back