Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Jan 26, 2012 at 1:31 AM Post #3,902 of 41,463
manveru, I'm scared that if I scroll down or turn my head, that statue's going to be behind me. Damnit, Doctor Who!

My plans for my work life are a 6 figure IT job

Plans are funny things. I'm looking at starting out at around 60-70 grand in the IT field post-graduation, but only with a 2 year degree (plus 4-5 certifications... Cisco, etc). Assuming I can find a job, but that's the median starting salary. 

one of the few IT guy rappers

Few? Don't want to burst your bubble, but nerdcore is a thing and it's awesome.

Jan 26, 2012 at 1:45 AM Post #3,903 of 41,463
This may sound off topic but has anyone ever played the game Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver? I was asking because I am making a stand out of Fimo that resembles Raziels open fist for holding my T1's on. It's no where near done. That will be my headphone stand!

Also for kicks, here's my very first set-up, about 4 years ago:

Gotta laugh how it was the X-CANV8P and it's internal DAC and only the K701. How much my set-up has evolved...

An here's my current set-up:

The entire set-up is night and day different!

Jan 26, 2012 at 1:48 AM Post #3,905 of 41,463
Thanks man, though I should snap new pictures sometime! It's funny how much it's evolved over 3-4 years.

Also for SR, I will post pictures of the headphone stand once it is done! I need a lot of Fimo for this thing!

Quote:
@Zombie_X, very nice setup dude!  And I still have my copy of Soul Reaver, I love that game!

Jan 26, 2012 at 2:45 AM Post #3,908 of 41,463
So I ran the naked Alexander thing by the GF to see if she was cool with it. She said no way--she'd rather I have a statue of a naked woman on my desk holding my headphones than a statue of a naked man.

Her reasoning:

"I'd rather have to see statue-esque boobs every day than statue-esque balls."

She said she'd be cool with it if I could find a replica of David though. I guess he's hotter than Alexander?

Jan 26, 2012 at 9:18 AM Post #3,913 of 41,463

Quote:
I love this idea for a headphone stand. I may have to steal this. 

The Ikea stands I have leave indentations on the padding of my headbands, and I'm too cheap to spring for those Omega stands. 

lol, thanks. Didn't realize it would be such a hit. 

Quote:
So I ran the naked Alexander thing by the GF to see if she was cool with it. She said no way--she'd rather I have a statue of a naked woman on my desk holding my headphones than a statue of a naked man.

Her reasoning:

"I'd rather have to see statue-esque boobs every day than statue-esque balls."

She said she'd be cool with it if I could find a replica of David though. I guess he's hotter than Alexander?

haha, I can't argue with that, although I appreciate human form in general, not just women. 

Quote:
My station at it's current state.

awesome spidey!

Jan 26, 2012 at 10:26 AM Post #3,914 of 41,463

I own 2 heads from Pier 1 (Glass ones) they weight a lot more tahn foam but still could use a proper base. I tend to not use them anymore as I'm paranoid about the pads being worn down.

Quote:
I'm really impressed by how convenient the mannequin head is. I'm going to build a small weighted base for it so it's easier to take headphones off of it. Downside of styrofoam! Haha.

I'm in the same boat certification wise, but without the 2 year degree. I've tried quite a few things in the 'tech industry' and while I love technology I hate everything I've tried with it job wise. It's got me quite upset lately. I want to just finish up with an art degree, but they're so useless in the real world.

The other route I'd like to take would be attempting to get my doctorate in literature and teaching at a college level. This would take the next 10 years of my life and is a serious commitment...but it certainly seems like a better idea than IT work.

EDIT: Nerdcore is bad and you should feel bad. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorino /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Plans are funny things. I'm looking at starting out at around 60-70 grand in the IT field post-graduation, but only with a 2 year degree (plus 4-5 certifications... Cisco, etc). Assuming I can find a job, but that's the median starting salary. 

Few? Don't want to burst your bubble, but nerdcore is a thing and it's awesome.

Jan 26, 2012 at 11:56 AM Post #3,915 of 41,463

Quote:
I love this idea for a headphone stand. I may have to steal this. 

The Ikea stands I have leave indentations on the padding of my headbands, and I'm too cheap to spring for those Omega stands. 

It works 
beyersmile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back