Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Jan 3, 2023 at 8:04 PM Post #35,851 of 41,207
….Also, the market is terrible - not a great start to the year....recession definitely hasn't hit bottom yet.…
The U.S. Conference Board, via its index of leading economic indicators, agrees….
BDA4271B-79B9-4E2C-9C06-5210B2BC4794.jpeg

Jan 3, 2023 at 8:26 PM Post #35,853 of 41,207
Your my man. :)

When I started, I had just one Felix Audio Euforia and HD800, LCD2f, Eikon and Atticus.

By the beginning of 2020, I had HD800, LCD3f, Verite and Glenn OTL, Studio Six, Violectric v280, Questyle CMA 12, Auralic Taurus Mk2, Schiit Mjolnir Mk2, Wa22, La Figaro 339i, Elekit 8200, SMSL SP200, Ultrasonic Studio Oblivion.

Then I checked into Head-Fi Anonymous. Now I'm on a safe 3 headphones and 2 amps..... with another amp coming. Still safe.
In your 2nd paragraph I count 11 amps. I'm relieved to find someone as amp-addicted as I am (I have 10, one of which is F.S.).

Headphones are intimidating. A new headphone is a real commitment, a relationship that may be glorious--or just "eh." But amps are somehow easier, with fewer consequences. To me, just 2 of my amps are heavyweights, real commitments I never want to part with. The rest are all sonic "flavors" of one kind or other. It's fun to match up a headphone with this amp today, then that one tomorrow.

(sometimes I can't tell whether I'm in is a race to the bottom -- or a race to the top)

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2023 at 8:28 PM Post #35,854 of 41,207
The Milo is a nice distraction from my IRA performance chart :sunglasses:

Nothing but :notes::notes::notes: with the HD600 (UK Custom Cans Mod)

IMG_1872.jpeg
Nothing but 🤢🤮😡🤬 from the IRA….? I’m Ruined Already.

Jan 4, 2023 at 1:53 PM Post #35,858 of 41,207
Finally got to a point I'm happy with

Running this with HD58X, Elegias, and SR60x.
Head-fi station.jpg
Did you make the keyboard frame & wrist-rest? They're nice.

I see the horizontal Edifier speakers & would guess they're sideways because if vertical on those same shelves the tweeter is too far above ears...? How do they sound when placed horizontally?

Jan 4, 2023 at 2:16 PM Post #35,859 of 41,207
Did you make the keyboard frame & wrist-rest? They're nice.

I see the horizontal Edifier speakers & would guess they're sideways because if vertical on those same shelves the tweeter is too far above ears...? How do they sound when placed horizontally?

The keyboard was a KBDfans 65% kit that I put together, still a work in progress but the caps I'm looking at are out of stock right now.
I was also originally going to have the speakers mounted vertically, but the one of the mounts wouldn't tighten cuz one of the screws was a little jacked up near the head. I didn't really expect any sound difference from the mount but was absolutely blown away. When they were just sitting on the table, vocals were a bit muted and they were pretty unimpressive. After they were mounted, it sounded like the singer was in the room with me.

Jan 4, 2023 at 4:45 PM Post #35,863 of 41,207
Probably Nobody at the ol' starbucks would appreciate me showing up with these Senn HD6XX open headphones?? But seeing how well my rather ancient FiiO E07K Does with my Thinkpad X380 and Senn HD6XX headphones... Pretty well actually, but not really a good choice for using OTG or whatever?
I think that's the fastest way to get a black eye. Also a really funny power move.

Jan 4, 2023 at 4:47 PM Post #35,864 of 41,207
Probably Nobody at the ol' starbucks would appreciate me showing up with these Senn HD6XX open headphones?? But seeing how well my rather ancient FiiO E07K Does with my Thinkpad X380 and Senn HD6XX headphones... Pretty well actually, but not really a good choice for using OTG or whatever?
Man, that brings me back. Totally forgot about having an E7 10+ years ago. I remember being so impressed with the screen & build at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back