Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Dec 25, 2022 at 8:49 AM Post #35,657 of 41,239
Looks like Franken-high end Bluetooth speakers in a flock, it was unavoidable the bluetooth generation would make TOTL bluetooth pucks LoL

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2022 at 1:32 PM Post #35,658 of 41,239
My bad

Sony NW-WM1AM2
iFi balanced cable
Art Clean Box Pro
Audioquest Golden Gate 3.5mm to 3.5mm (x9)
Minirig Mini2 (x2)
Minirig 3 (x4)
Minirig Sub 3 (x3)

Sounds invisible, and incredible ❤️
Only 3 Sub3 units? I guess you're not a fan of BIG bass? :laughing:

Joking aside, REALLY cool setup. Assuming it is stereo (as opposed to surround) - why not just a single (or 2) subs and 2 x Minirig 3 speakers? Why 4 of the Minirig 3 and why Minis at all? Just curious... "Just for fun overkill" is a good answer, BTW :wink:

Dec 25, 2022 at 2:35 PM Post #35,659 of 41,239
Only 3 Sub3 units? I guess you're not a fan of BIG bass? :laughing:

Joking aside, REALLY cool setup. Assuming it is stereo (as opposed to surround) - why not just a single (or 2) subs and 2 x Minirig 3 speakers? Why 4 of the Minirig 3 and why Minis at all? Just curious... "Just for fun overkill" is a good answer, BTW :wink:
Stereo indeed, but wired the subs play both channels.

Started with a 2.2 setup, but needed another pair of 3's, because they're so awesome. Then got a pair of Mini2's on a Black Friday for their extra portability but loved their airier sound signature. Then why not an extra sub? I very rarely hook them all up. Usually just use them in pairs wirelessly.

I Love Minirigs :)

Dec 25, 2022 at 2:37 PM Post #35,660 of 41,239
Current State - Burning in my new Forza Noir Hybrid headphone cable and loving every second. :grin:

20221222_202532.jpg
beautiful system and great new cable, curios as to why you didnt go balanced 4 pin for the cable

Dec 25, 2022 at 7:01 PM Post #35,663 of 41,239
Dec 25, 2022 at 7:48 PM Post #35,664 of 41,239
20221226_014123.jpg

New S4A 6550 Carbon tubes.
Very full bodied and captivating, yet clear and detailed.

The christmas gift from my brother

Dec 25, 2022 at 8:12 PM Post #35,665 of 41,239
20221226_014123.jpg
New S4A 6550 Carbon tubes.
Very full bodied and captivating, yet clear and detailed.

The christmas gift from my brother
Nice looking tubes!

Wish I had a brother. 🤣

Dec 25, 2022 at 8:12 PM Post #35,666 of 41,239
Any idea where to buy them in the US?
Not exactly, sorry. Sometimes they're available on Amazon. They're gaining popularity, so some boutique shops are starting to carry them such as BayBloor Radio in Toronto. But I'm unaware of anywhere in the US. I do recommend directly from https://minirigs.co.uk/ their customer service is top notch, just requires a few weeks patience for shipping.

And here's the review that led me to them
https://www.audiophileon.com/news/minirig-3-review

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2022 at 6:58 AM Post #35,668 of 41,239
beautiful system and great new cable, curios as to why you didnt go balanced 4 pin for the cable
Thanks and good question!

I went with 1/4" with the Noir Hybrid due to already having another great cable (Norne Solvine 2s) with 4 pin XLR, and also the fact that I have found I prefer the sound of 1/4" output with my VC's with this amp. The XLR output is a bit too dynamic/overpowering for my easy to drive ZMF's, and the bass is so huge it can overpower the lower mids and mask some lower level detail / little nuances. If I was using the harder to drive Susvara or any other planar for that matter, I am sure I would prefer the XLR output. That being said, I do plan to add a planar (ZMF Caldera) in the future and use the XLR output eventually, and I have found it quite awesome how the HA300mk2 sounds killer (although slightly different) from both outputs, of which with most amps that have balanced outputs it's usually the best (only way) to go. The HA300mk2 is a SET (single ended triode) amp by the way, so it only stands to reason the single ended output would be good and I can confirm that it is.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2022 at 9:47 AM Post #35,670 of 41,239
Thanks and good question!

I went with 1/4" with the Noir Hybrid due to already having another great cable (Norne Solvine 2s) with 4 pin XLR, and also the fact that I have found I prefer the sound of 1/4" output with my VC's with this amp. The XLR output is a bit too dynamic/overpowering for my easy to drive ZMF's, and the bass is so huge it can overpower the lower mids and mask some lower level detail / little nuances. If I was using the harder to drive Susvara or any other planar for that matter, I am sure I would prefer the XLR output. That being said, I do plan to add a planar (ZMF Caldera) in the future and use the XLR output eventually, and I have found it quite awesome how the HA300mk2 sounds killer (although slightly different) from both outputs, of which with most amps that have balanced outputs it's usually the best (only way) to go. The HA300mk2 is a SET (single ended triode) amp by the way, so it only stands to reason the single ended output would be good ^^ and I can confirm that it is.
^^ … isn’t the concept / application of ‘single ended’ different in ‘triode’ from in ‘output’ 🤔?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back