Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Apr 29, 2022 at 8:15 AM Post #32,641 of 41,132
Current State - Been doing some tube rolling, my pair of Ambrosia Maple VC are on my head, and the music is playing. . .:grin:

20220429_072230.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2022 at 11:58 AM Post #32,642 of 41,132
ha, just messing... you have a nice setup... how are you enjoying the LCD-5?
They are incredible, I don't know exactly what I was expecting but this wasn't it. They are so light they feel like a toy compared to my LCD-X, and unlike the LCD-X they don't necessarily need EQ, but after a few hours vanilla it was apparent they would definitely benefit from it to unlock their full potential. I wouldn't recommend it unless you plan on EQ-ing tbh. I've been using Resolves v2 EQ and (tried Crinacle's before that and it wasn't doing it for me). They are highly resolving and juicy mids for days, its a departure from the Audeze house sound of the past. I can't remember if I read it in a review or on the LCD-5 thread but someone described it as "an analogue sounding planar" and that pretty much sums it up for me so far.

Apr 29, 2022 at 10:25 PM Post #32,645 of 41,132
Dang. Wish I knew that before I markered my entire listening room:scream:
hampton_manor.jpg
Perhaps a bit of green overkill, but I have to admit that's one spiffy looking Carolina Blue suit! :laughing:

Apr 30, 2022 at 2:15 AM Post #32,647 of 41,132
They are incredible, I don't know exactly what I was expecting but this wasn't it. They are so light they feel like a toy compared to my LCD-X, and unlike the LCD-X they don't necessarily need EQ, but after a few hours vanilla it was apparent they would definitely benefit from it to unlock their full potential. I wouldn't recommend it unless you plan on EQ-ing tbh. I've been using Resolves v2 EQ and (tried Crinacle's before that and it wasn't doing it for me). They are highly resolving and juicy mids for days, its a departure from the Audeze house sound of the past. I can't remember if I read it in a review or on the LCD-5 thread but someone described it as "an analogue sounding planar" and that pretty much sums it up for me so far.
It's funny you should say... I am a big fan of EQ, and I do really like Resovle's 2nd EQ profile and wasn't particularly in love with Crinacle's. I haven't spent enough time with the TC or Susvara to really compare, but the LCD-5 is insanely good. I'm listening to the LCD-4 right now, and the 5 still keeps a bit of the Audeze sound while not being true to the normal LCD lineup. I'm glad we are both digging them! enjoy!

Also, I just moved... I am excited to get my space setup and post some pics of my current listening setup!

Apr 30, 2022 at 5:12 AM Post #32,649 of 41,132
Isn't the first step of dealing with an addiction admitting to it!
I think I may suffer Shinyitis....??? lol.. Was thinking about making a "different" kind of cable but they all seem similar somehow......

319rmGM.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2022 at 6:30 AM Post #32,650 of 41,132
Station #2 - home office. Restored 1979 Yamaha CR2020 powering nearfield speakers and Beyer DT990s for when the volume just jas to be anti-social :wink:
Little Corgi replica of the 2001 roadster in the garage :)
Hang onto it. Future classic!

4cyl Turbo or VR6? Baseball glove interior?

Apr 30, 2022 at 6:34 AM Post #32,651 of 41,132
20220430_052501.jpg

Apr 30, 2022 at 7:10 AM Post #32,652 of 41,132
Is it just me??

but i’m not sure about this recent cluster of amps that i am seeing with these vertical headphone jacks

it seems to me like they could put unnecessary pressure on the cable connection to the cable’s jack

Apr 30, 2022 at 7:48 AM Post #32,653 of 41,132
Is it just me??

but i’m not sure about this recent cluster of amps that i am seeing with these vertical headphone jacks

it seems to me like they could put unnecessary pressure on the cable connection to the cable’s jack
If I was constantly moving/bending the cables back and forth perhaps . . .but as it stands with my setup they all stay stationary at the bend they are currently at (even the headphone cable as it's secured to the desk at a lower point of which is not visible in the pic), at all times. They have been making tube amps like this for years, and a natural stationary bend or curve in the cables is no concern for me and I am as OCD as it gets. Lastly, it might be a concern for cheaply made amps with thin materials, but tube amps made by AmpsandSound like the Pendant SE are built like tanks, and there is no flexing or bending of the jacks or top plate whatsoever.

Of note, there are right angle connections and adapters out there, that will let the cable lay straight for those that are still worried or don't like the look of a cable bending/curving. . .:wink:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back