Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Jan 13, 2022 at 12:10 PM Post #30,841 of 41,153
Now that you brought it up, you realize we're going to be whining for pics like a teenage on prom night…
Besides, have you seen the pic of my beat up Panasonic CD player? Talk about low calibre:wink:
As I recall, it was a trade from this…😜
C2A9DE3D-63A0-43C8-9D28-2C39AA4B0C08.jpeg

Jan 13, 2022 at 12:20 PM Post #30,842 of 41,153
Here's my $99 Amazon Tube Amp w/DAC and Bluetooth, and my $70 (after using points) Open Box Sennheiser HD660S, with OEM cable, no less. The shame.....

Ignore the haters, you do you.

received_1072764546842113.jpeg
Its not just gear, its also the environtment and all that. And yours is quite a looker !

Jan 13, 2022 at 12:26 PM Post #30,843 of 41,153
Its not just gear, its also the environtment and all that. And yours is quite a looker !
Eh, it's sitting next to my monitor for my home office setup (that's the red light). Noting fancy, cheap Amazon monitors. You can also catch a glimpse of my generic antacids behind everything. The desk is a cheap Office Depot thing my Dad got when a family friend passed away.

Hell, Zeos reviews gear that's thousands of dollars in his basement with his Anime girl pics as wallpaper, and uses the F-word as an adjective at least twice in every sentence. It has nothing to do with appearance - it's about what YOU enjoy. Everybody else can eat a bag of d ¡ © k $.

Jan 13, 2022 at 12:31 PM Post #30,844 of 41,153
Majority of the people here are richer for having audio systems, of whatever ilk, that bring them joy.
FTFY…[Reg. TM; © bcowen: 2021]

Jan 13, 2022 at 12:33 PM Post #30,845 of 41,153
Exactly :grin:

It's probably time I gave up the charade, though. My avatar is of Dr Frasier Crane from the sitcom Frasier (who I am not lol), and the picture the other user posted was in reference to it. I'm guessing you haven't seen it, in which case you really should!
Oh I see, I will take a look at it. Mind my rudeness, I really thought its you lmao

Jan 13, 2022 at 12:35 PM Post #30,846 of 41,153
Eh, it's sitting next to my monitor for my home office setup (that's the red light). Noting fancy, cheap Amazon monitors. You can also catch a glimpse of my generic antacids behind everything. The desk is a cheap Office Depot thing my Dad got when a family friend passed away.

Hell, Zeos reviews gear that's thousands of dollars in his basement with his Anime girl pics as wallpaper, and uses the F-word as an adjective at least twice in every sentence. It has nothing to do with appearance - it's about what YOU enjoy. Everybody else can eat a bag of d ¡ © k $.
I personally hate that guy. Zeos associate with Z Review. Honestly I like his setup. My setup is had damaged wooden table and half way renovating. Do you people wanna get your eye sored ?

Jan 13, 2022 at 12:41 PM Post #30,847 of 41,153
Now that you brought it up, you realize we're going to be whining for pics like a teenage on prom night…
Besides, have you seen the pic of my beat up Panasonic CD player? Talk about low calibre:wink:
OK you have a point. But then again, I have a radio, not sure if it works. If have the time, I will post here.

Jan 13, 2022 at 1:22 PM Post #30,851 of 41,153
Music enjoyment is a state of mind, not a contest.
To me one of the best things about this hobby is that you can get truly amazing sound for just a few hundred dollars. For a few thousand you can achieve world class audio that would cost many tens of thousands to match or exceed in a two channel system.
OK you have a point. But then again, I have a radio, not sure if it works. If have the time, I will post here.
A good example (as others have posted here as well) of a modest set up with modest presentation. Here is one of my transportable budget set ups. Sony PHA-1A DAC/AMP & 7hz Timeless. $300 all in with truly incredible sound. Sounds better than some other gear I have heard costing many times its price. I truly enjoy it as much as my other more costly gear.
F7CDE9B0-33E6-4E39-ABA4-872406F77D70.jpeg

The question is: will you show us what YOU are currently deriving sonic pleasure from?

Jan 13, 2022 at 1:33 PM Post #30,852 of 41,153
To me one of the best things about this hobby is that you can get truly amazing sound for just a few hundred dollars. For a few thousand you can achieve world class audio that would cost many tens of thousands to match or exceed in a two channel system.

A good example (as others have posted here as well) of a modest set up with modest presentation. Here is one of my transportable budget set ups. Sony PHA-1A DAC/AMP & 7hz Timeless. $300 all in with truly incredible sound. Sounds better than some other gear I have heard costing many times its price. I truly enjoy it as much as my other more costly gear.
F7CDE9B0-33E6-4E39-ABA4-872406F77D70.jpeg

The question is: will you show us what YOU are currently deriving sonic pleasure from?
Nice setup. But thought the setup would be something like dedicated, amp, dac or even big ass speakers. You know, those $$$ ! that turn me off.

Jan 13, 2022 at 1:40 PM Post #30,854 of 41,153
Exactly :grin:

It's probably time I gave up the charade, though. My avatar is of Dr Frasier Crane from the sitcom Frasier (who I am not lol), and the picture the other user posted was in reference to it. I'm guessing you haven't seen it, in which case you really should!
I was wondering if that really needed 'splaining! :wink:

FWIW, I binge watch that show at least once a year.

Jan 13, 2022 at 1:41 PM Post #30,855 of 41,153
Just a question towards his comment regarding me. Because I dont need him to make me feel better. I appreciate it and understand where he is coming from. Am not really referring to just audio gear, I was also referring the whole setup.
Well, he seemed to be just demonstrating that one can obtain good quality audio on a modest budget. I can't speak for him, but I doubt he was thinking about anything beyond that.

What's your budget? There's so many entry level DAPs that sound perfectly decent these days. Pair that with a budget "reference" headphone and you're good to go. There's never been a better time for those on a modest budget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back