Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Nov 12, 2021 at 5:27 PM Post #29,958 of 41,120
Nov 13, 2021 at 2:23 AM Post #29,961 of 41,120
How do you like the Gustard amp?

What that amp what the Shanling M8 was putting to shame?
I like it a lot. Good power, and I wanted something I could feed single ended from my stereo (old skool analog with tuner, tapedeck, turntable) and balanced directly from the RaspTouch/Gustard A18 DAC, without having to go through my preamp. Before I had both a Little Dot mkiii (a terrible match with my AKGs, and frankly not all that good in comparison with my Beyerdynamic DT770 600ohm) and a Drop CTH.

The amplification from my Shanling DAP destroyed them both - much more versatile and so... well, just yummy.

Nov 13, 2021 at 2:50 AM Post #29,962 of 41,120
IMG_0281.jpeg

My home office setup - my CPA said these are consider "office expense" :gs1000smile:

Nov 13, 2021 at 9:49 AM Post #29,963 of 41,120
IMG_0281.jpeg
My home office setup - my CPA said these are consider "office expense" :gs1000smile:
….🤣….qualifies as “overhead”….🤣

Nov 13, 2021 at 2:17 PM Post #29,964 of 41,120
I like it a lot. Good power, and I wanted something I could feed single ended from my stereo (old skool analog with tuner, tapedeck, turntable) and balanced directly from the RaspTouch/Gustard A18 DAC, without having to go through my preamp. Before I had both a Little Dot mkiii (a terrible match with my AKGs, and frankly not all that good in comparison with my Beyerdynamic DT770 600ohm) and a Drop CTH.

The amplification from my Shanling DAP destroyed them both - much more versatile and so... well, just yummy.
Very interesting. It's not every DAP than can lap a pair of full headphone amps, especially a relatively high power design like the Gustard. I guess you're lucky to have that Shanling...

Nov 13, 2021 at 3:40 PM Post #29,965 of 41,120
Very interesting. It's not every DAP than can lap a pair of full headphone amps, especially a relatively high power design like the Gustard. I guess you're lucky to have that Shanling...
Oh, the DAP doesn't lap the Gustard combo, just the Little Dot and CTH. I would say overall it is the equal of my new stack. Which it should be as it cost the same :wink:

Nov 13, 2021 at 4:38 PM Post #29,966 of 41,120
IMG_0281.jpeg
Cool headphones. AWESOME dog! You could include him/her more in pics... :relaxed:

Nov 13, 2021 at 8:37 PM Post #29,968 of 41,120
IMG_0071.JPG

IMG_0072.JPG

IMG_E0073.JPG

Went to my parents house last night to bring back to my place, my 2010 Pioneer PL-990 turntable. Over the coming weeks I hope to restore it to it's former glory. I bought it in 2010 but didn't use it much, it spent most of it's life gathering dust in a cold garage. I will see if I can source the components for it online and order new one's for it. It will need a new belt drive, stylus and rubber matt to protect the records. I think that is part of the fun of this hobby - I get a kick out of rebuilding/repairing and restoring things. It would be good to get it fixed and working again for Christmas, so I can start buying records again.
Great pictures. I have one from 2005 gathering dust. Used it back then to transfer all my vinyl to digital. Bought a Pro-ject in 2013 and never looked back. Recently thought about using the Pioneer at my work desk, but after reviewing the specs again decided against: Uses a proprietary cartridge, non-removable headshell, and this turntable tracks very heavy. Don’t want to chance damaging my vinyl records. Have fun refurbishing though! It was hugely popular and parts should be easy to find.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back