Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Feb 22, 2021 at 12:33 PM Post #27,677 of 41,119
Feb 22, 2021 at 12:40 PM Post #27,678 of 41,119
@simorag can I ask who makes that rack? it looks awesome.
Norstone Stabbil Hifi (bamboo)

Made in France, costs like it looks.

Some issues at the price point- all the intershelving supports have rubber inserts in the metal cups. For some reason the ones on the feet don't. Just weird.

The veneer is beautiful but scratches and blemishes much too easily. If you don't baby it, it will show. It's easy to bash and scratch the wood just setting gear in place.

It's beautiful, no, I would not buy it again.

Feb 22, 2021 at 12:41 PM Post #27,679 of 41,119
Last edited:
Feb 22, 2021 at 12:42 PM Post #27,680 of 41,119
Thanks! It is a Norstone Stabbl Bamboo (a French manufacturer), costing about 650Euro in Italy.
Lucky you, we paid 850 in Czech Republic :D

Feb 22, 2021 at 4:54 PM Post #27,681 of 41,119
Lucky you, we paid 850 in Czech Republic :D
I decided to go with a relatively simple amp stand from Butcher Block Acoustics. I'll post another photo when the station is reconfigured. Thanks again for the information and the humor.

Feb 22, 2021 at 5:10 PM Post #27,682 of 41,119
I was going to say "nice rack," but not knowing if @simorag is male or female it might have caused offense. :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

Wish I could have double liked this :)

My son just came in as I was surfing head-fi and saw your avatar....he is a huge Tar Heel fan...one like for him and a like from me for your post!

Feb 22, 2021 at 5:33 PM Post #27,683 of 41,119
I always used these kind of shelving "racks" but now that I'm living in places with less grandiose space I think the next time I get any rack it's going to be a real audio rack on wheels. The problem with these shelving units is they often go close to a wall (@simorag avoided that) so you don't have access to the business end of the gear. I want to be able to organize the cables and gear and just have more access. I'm looking into some racks designed for touring. They'll look like hell in an apartment but they ought to be super nice ways to make a clean setup and still be able to get to the back panels. I'm too old to be crawling around on wood floors holding 20 kg of expensive components trying to run cables.

Feb 22, 2021 at 5:45 PM Post #27,684 of 41,119
I always used these kind of shelving "racks" but now that I'm living in places with less grandiose space I think the next time I get any rack it's going to be a real audio rack on wheels. The problem with these shelving units is they often go close to a wall (@simorag avoided that) so you don't have access to the business end of the gear. I want to be able to organize the cables and gear and just have more access. I'm looking into some racks designed for touring. They'll look like hell in an apartment but they ought to be super nice ways to make a clean setup and still be able to get to the back panels. I'm too old to be crawling around on wood floors holding 20 kg of expensive components trying to run cables.
I agree with your thoughts about moving racks away from the wall, I too am feeling my age. That said, I'm already on thin ice with my bride regarding audio gear. I don't believe that she would give me the nod for touring racks in the living room. :)

Feb 22, 2021 at 7:44 PM Post #27,685 of 41,119
I decided to go with a relatively simple amp stand from Butcher Block Acoustics. I'll post another photo when the station is reconfigured. Thanks again for the information and the humor.
Please do (post a pic). I love the look of their racks -- they look to be very nicely made.

Feb 22, 2021 at 7:47 PM Post #27,686 of 41,119
Wish I could have double liked this :)

My son just came in as I was surfing head-fi and saw your avatar....he is a huge Tar Heel fan...one like for him and a like from me for your post!
Thanks! And tell your son I'm very impressed with his classiness and good taste. :sweat_smile:

Feb 23, 2021 at 1:58 AM Post #27,687 of 41,119
I agree with your thoughts about moving racks away from the wall, I too am feeling my age. That said, I'm already on thin ice with my bride regarding audio gear. I don't believe that she would give me the nod for touring racks in the living room. :)
That's just it. Touring racks! They're not just for the living room anymore.

Going mobile! He he yeah... :D

Feb 23, 2021 at 6:20 AM Post #27,688 of 41,119
Norstone Stabbil Hifi (bamboo)

Made in France, costs like it looks.

Some issues at the price point- all the intershelving supports have rubber inserts in the metal cups. For some reason the ones on the feet don't. Just weird.

The veneer is beautiful but scratches and blemishes much too easily. If you don't baby it, it will show. It's easy to bash and scratch the wood just setting gear in place.

It's beautiful, no, I would not buy it again.
That's a shame about the sensitivity of the veneer. I do like the look of bamboo.

Feb 23, 2021 at 6:47 AM Post #27,689 of 41,119
That's a shame about the sensitivity of the veneer. I do like the look of bamboo.
Yeah it really is. I think it's a combination of the veneer being too thin and the underlying wood being too soft. It dents and chips out when struck. :frowning2:

Feb 23, 2021 at 8:05 AM Post #27,690 of 41,119
sibling rivalry
20210223_065831_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back