Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Jan 7, 2020 at 11:59 AM Post #24,601 of 41,119
BTW, I should say that as the result of my wife's attention and thoughtfulness, I've rekindled my love affair with my Audeze's (LCD-3 and XC). I have older models with the original headband that as we know are not comfy. She is totally removed from this hobby, but somewhere in the past she must've overheard my grumblings. With that in mind, she set out to find a cost efficient solution, and lo! she stumbled upon a site called Geekria, which sells replacement pads for real cheap. She bought me two of the bands pictured below and was hesitant to give them to me for fear of my sneering at her. First, I would never do that to her, and second, damn, they are just great!!!! At around $12 each, yeah, that's cost efficient!!!!

They afix with some basic 3M sticky-stuff that holds them in place very well.

https://www.geekriashop.com/collect...8cs-headphones-cushion-pad-repair-parts-black

IMG_3481.jpg IMG_3482.jpg

Jan 7, 2020 at 1:29 PM Post #24,603 of 41,119
BTW, I should say that as the result of my wife's attention and thoughtfulness, I've rekindled my love affair with my Audeze's (LCD-3 and XC). I have older models with the original headband that as we know are not comfy. She is totally removed from this hobby, but somewhere in the past she must've overheard my grumblings. With that in mind, she set out to find a cost efficient solution, and lo! she stumbled upon a site called Geekria, which sells replacement pads for real cheap. She bought me two of the bands pictured below and was hesitant to give them to me for fear of my sneering at her. First, I would never do that to her, and second, damn, they are just great!!!! At around $12 each, yeah, that's cost efficient!!!!

https://www.geekriashop.com/collect...8cs-headphones-cushion-pad-repair-parts-black

Nice one.
Could fix the problem of to much space on my Era-1. :dt880smile:

Jan 7, 2020 at 1:34 PM Post #24,604 of 41,119
My new year resolution is to add a DNA stratus and a Grado in my 4th headphone system which will be my end game and that will be it for me! Done! will be moving on to speakers afterwards.

Is there a reason you are using your E2 single ended from the Taurus?
It is not always the case, but with the Taurus I experienced balanced out to be much superior to SE. A tighter, more spacious and cleaner sound. I'd say it is worth to get a balanced cable for the Taurus.

Jan 7, 2020 at 2:23 PM Post #24,605 of 41,119
My set-up... it is getting obnoxious...

Modern DAC and vintage NOS with tube output stage feeding Mjo2 or the amazing DNA Starlett.

Freya S has change my world. I can now easily swap sources and feed both my amps. I also have an extra set of outputs to swap in something else if I am borrowing an amp.

Spent a lot of time enjoying this over the Holidays!!!

IMG_2888%205-L.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2020 at 2:43 PM Post #24,607 of 41,119

Modern DAC and vintage NOS with tube output stage feeding Mjo2 or the amazing DNA Starlett.

Freya S has change my world. I can now easily swap sources and feed both my amps. I also have an extra set of outputs to swap in something else if I am borrowing an amp.

IMG_2888%205-L.jpg
That DNA looks appealing. :)

Jan 8, 2020 at 12:17 AM Post #24,608 of 41,119
OKcyX1E.jpg

Still need to do some wire management. But current state.
LCD-X
HD58x
Yamaha HS5's
Loxjie P20 rolled with matched GE 5670's
Massdrop/THX AAA 789
Topping DX7s
FosiAudio Tube Phono Preamp
Thorens TD318 / AT VM540ML cartridge

Jan 8, 2020 at 1:48 AM Post #24,609 of 41,119

She enables your addiction?!?!??

Jan 8, 2020 at 8:25 AM Post #24,610 of 41,119
She enables your addiction?!?!??
enables and abides it!!!!! for this an an untold number of other reasons, I struck gold when I found her!!!!!

Jan 8, 2020 at 8:26 AM Post #24,611 of 41,119
OKcyX1E.jpg

Still need to do some wire management. But current state.
LCD-X
HD58x
Yamaha HS5's
Loxjie P20 rolled with matched GE 5670's
Massdrop/THX AAA 789
Topping DX7s
FosiAudio Tube Phono Preamp
Thorens TD318 / AT VM540ML cartridge
You omitted two important items in your list:

The Silverstone stand
the Single Malt!

:)

Jan 8, 2020 at 10:36 AM Post #24,612 of 41,119
Is there a reason you are using your E2 single ended from the Taurus?
It is not always the case, but with the Taurus I experienced balanced out to be much superior to SE. A tighter, more spacious and cleaner sound. I'd say it is worth to get a balanced cable for the Taurus.
I don't have a balanced cable for the ether 2 yet! I just bought one from a member here and its on its way!! I still haven't tried the taurus on a balanced output so really I'm excited for a lot of improvement for sure. It's by far the most money spent for me on a cable as well.

Jan 8, 2020 at 10:39 AM Post #24,613 of 41,119

IMG_2888%205-L.jpg
That Starlett looks fabulous! I am still torn between starlets and stratus. I'm not sure which one to go for.. Do you have any experience with stratus? How does starlets sound with your headphones? Is it good with planars as well?

Jan 8, 2020 at 11:19 AM Post #24,614 of 41,119
enables and abides it!!!!! for this an an untold number of other reasons, I struck gold when I found her!!!!!

That is just so foreign to me (and probably many of us): the thought of a spouse who actively supports our weird little hobby/obsessions lake that. My wife at best tolerates them. She is mostly annoyed that I can't hear her when she wants to talk, or feels "isolated" because I have headphones on.

Jan 8, 2020 at 11:36 AM Post #24,615 of 41,119
kind of the other way 'round for us. She works from home and I'm retired, so it behooves me to use headphones as often as possible during work hours. I mostly put them away once evening arrives. We have dinner together and then relax and watch teevee for a bit before retiring. on the weekends, I spend a fair amount of time in my basement, which is home to my speaker setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back