Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Mar 7, 2016 at 8:22 AM Post #20,866 of 41,133
This is my headphone-exclusive bedroom setup. 
popcorn.gif

As you can see, I don't do tube amps. Too much hassle IMO

Headphones pictured are; Pioneer SE-A1000/Sennheiser HD600 (closed back mod)/ Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro Limited Edition.

I'll post a picture of my lounge setup next time...

Mar 7, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #20,867 of 41,133
  This is my headphone-exclusive bedroom setup. 
popcorn.gif

As you can see, I don't do tube amps. Too much hassle IMO

Headphones pictured are; Pioneer SE-A1000/Sennheiser HD600 (closed back mod)/ Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro Limited Edition.

I'll post a picture of my lounge setup next time...

I was changing things around at the weekend.
In the lounge i've settled with a Marantz PM5004 amp and Denon DCD520AE cd player with a Burr Brown 192KHZ/32bit dac.
Mistral Bow 3 standmount speakers (Crazy good!!) powered by a 23 years old Linn LK140.
Very satisfied with the synergy of this system...

Mar 7, 2016 at 3:46 PM Post #20,870 of 41,133
I just discovered this thread and adore it.

Thanks for all the posts. Lot of you guys have some amazing rigs.
gs1000.gif

Mar 7, 2016 at 3:49 PM Post #20,871 of 41,133
  I just discovered this thread and adore it.

Thanks for all the posts. Lot of you guys have some amazing rigs.
gs1000.gif

You, sir also have an amazing rig. I lost myself when I listened to Adele with your LCD-X plugged to that WA22 of yours and irDac 
etysmile.gif

Mar 7, 2016 at 3:54 PM Post #20,872 of 41,133

You, sir also have an amazing rig. I lost myself when I listened to Adele with your LCD-X plugged to that WA22 of yours and irDac 
etysmile.gif

Oh man. Did we meet up at the NZ meet?

So hard to keep track of all you nice guys.

WA22 has improved. I have thrown in the expensive Takasuki 274B rectifier. Worth every penny. Amazing tube.

In the next few weeks the Arcam DAC will be replaced with the Auralic Vega. I'm really looking forward to that. I have compared the Arcam to the Auralic before and the Auralic destroyed the Arcam.

Mar 7, 2016 at 4:14 PM Post #20,873 of 41,133

Oh man. Did we meet up at the NZ meet?

So hard to keep track of all you nice guys.

WA22 has improved. I have thrown in the expensive Takasuki 274B rectifier. Worth every penny. Amazing tube.

In the next few weeks the Arcam DAC will be replaced with the Auralic Vega. I'm really looking forward to that. I have compared the Arcam to the Auralic before and the Auralic destroyed the Arcam.

Yeah we did, what turntable is that by the way?

Interestingly though, I've never liked any sabre-based DACs. Tried the Vega with a BHA-1 before and didn't like it, so it would be interesting to hear your gear again and to listen to the combination of Vega and WA22.

Mar 7, 2016 at 4:34 PM Post #20,874 of 41,133

Yeah we did, what turntable is that by the way?

Interestingly though, I've never liked any sabre-based DACs. Tried the Vega with a BHA-1 before and didn't like it, so it would be interesting to hear your gear again and to listen to the combination of Vega and WA22.

My TT is a Pro-ject RPM Genie 1.3. Nothing serious. I'm really just playing with vinyl. I do enjoy it however I think it is better for speakers rather than HP's. One day I will upgrade to something better.

I know what you mean about the sabre chips. I can't stand the HA-1 DAC because of the spitty treble sound it produces. Very common on sabre based DAC's. The Auralic Vega has filters tho and filter four fixes the treble. It sounds fantastic.

I'm not sure if we are allowed to do this, however here is a link to all my equipment:

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/gallery.php?member=Badas

Mar 7, 2016 at 5:49 PM Post #20,876 of 41,133

I was kind of worried the TakeT had faded into obscurity after 2013 or so.  How would you describe the pair's sonic character?

Mar 7, 2016 at 10:09 PM Post #20,877 of 41,133
My TT is a Pro-ject RPM Genie 1.3. Nothing serious. I'm really just playing with vinyl. I do enjoy it however I think it is better for speakers rather than HP's. One day I will upgrade to something better.

I know what you mean about the sabre chips. I can't stand the HA-1 DAC because of the spitty treble sound it produces. Very common on sabre based DAC's. The Auralic Vega has filters tho and filter four fixes the treble. It sounds fantastic.

I'm not sure if we are allowed to do this, however here is a link to all my equipment:

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/gallery.php?member=Badas

Man, that is one unbelievable room. Definitely worthy of being tagged as 'Mad Kiwi' :D

Mar 8, 2016 at 10:01 PM Post #20,879 of 41,133
With the 500's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back