Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Feb 14, 2015 at 8:52 AM Post #19,576 of 41,277
Could do with a new phone, this ones almost had it. Turns off when the ambient temperature drops below 5 Celsius... Spent too much of my budget on audio though :S
Enjoy the hobby and sound too much to stop though
smily_headphones1.gif

I just realised your a fellow Aussie... Oh man Aussie dollars!! Geeze!

Feb 14, 2015 at 9:28 AM Post #19,578 of 41,277
Saturday Morning rig....

Feb 14, 2015 at 11:49 AM Post #19,579 of 41,277
My buddy taking a nap while I listen to the HE-6's with the Cerwin Vega speakers turned off........one a mood pic, one using flash. The HE-6 are fed with a 26' long cable fed along the baseboard under the molding out of sight most of the way, which helps the WAF.

Feb 14, 2015 at 10:42 PM Post #19,583 of 41,277
Some major changes to the rig, sorry for the crappy phone pics. Proper pics to follow of the whole system once all the gear arrives in a couple weeks. Waiting on some isolation gear and footers to split the hifi rack into two 5 tier stands.
smily_headphones1.gif

I think this marks the first time that I've seen the Woo monblock/Abyss combination out in the wild. Any first impressions?

Feb 14, 2015 at 11:07 PM Post #19,585 of 41,277
Feb 14, 2015 at 11:22 PM Post #19,587 of 41,277
I think this marks the first time that I've seen the Woo monblock/Abyss combination out in the wild. Any first impressions?

It's a great pairing, thought the 234's have paired well with every headphone I've tried. The different output keys certainly help.
I came from a WA5, it's much the same sound but background noise is a lot lower, the amps are more transparent and detail is increased.
If I had to list it's main strengths it would be musicality, wide soundstage, euphonic decay, detail retrieval and speed. Tonality can be easily changed with tube rolling, the same with voicing.
Other amps have come close in one or two areas, but none of them have been able to come to the table with the whole package like the 234's.
I think I'll be in for a lot if sleepless nights with the Abyss/234 combo especially once I start rolling in some glass :)

Feb 15, 2015 at 2:25 AM Post #19,589 of 41,277
  Everyone starts from somewhere. The right spirit and willingness to enjoy what you've got will put you miles ahead...

Thanks. Actually I'm already miles ahead of what I could imagine a few years back. This where I started to become a "audiophile", in a tiny dorm room in South Germany:

Back then I just hoped to have a good job (as an intern) and save a few to buy myself a pair of Alessandro MS2i. It never came true, since I've grown to become more fond of the SR325is. I just hope I'll be able to go further and settle with HD800 and HP1000.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back