Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Dec 6, 2014 at 2:05 AM Post #19,097 of 41,136
^Agreed, really liking that headphone stand 
beerchug.gif

Maybe I can find Hulk to stand in Spideys place!

Dec 6, 2014 at 9:33 AM Post #19,099 of 41,136
I love keeping up with everyone's systems in this thread!  There are always great examples of creativity and ingenuity as people find the best way to use their chosen gear.  I'm still listening to headphones most of the time as I work at my desk (HD650 and HD600 through the DAC2 HGC), but I've been putting quite a bit of work into my 2-channel rig as well.  Sharing my love for music with friends and family works well with headphones, but I've found it is also nice to be able to sit them on the couch and exchange comments as we listen to the speakers as well.  

This system has evolved quite a bit, but it currently comprises of:

Salk Sound HT2-TL
AVA Fet Valve 600R
Benchmark DAC2 HGC
Linn Sondek LP12 (30+ years old, refurbished by Tom O'Keefe) 
Bottlehead Eros phono stage (customized)

Headphones are currently:

HD650
HD600

Although I'm shoe-horned into a corner of our unfinished basement, it's amazing how good the space sounds.  I credit the rugs, soft furnishings, media on the walls, and the orientation of the ceiling joists.  I don't currently use any purpose-built sound treatments.  

Dec 6, 2014 at 9:38 AM Post #19,100 of 41,136
Wow - what a set up! How sensitive are those speakers?

Dec 6, 2014 at 9:47 AM Post #19,102 of 41,136
  Thank you!  88db.  I don't listen particularly loudly; so the amp doesn't work very hard.  

I was hoping for 91 and up. Ill be looking for speakers for my WA5 next year - 8 watts per channel into 8 ohms. So maybe 93dB or 95. 

Dec 6, 2014 at 10:08 AM Post #19,103 of 41,136
  I love keeping up with everyone's systems in this thread!  There are always great examples of creativity and ingenuity as people find the best way to use their chosen gear.  I'm still listening to headphones most of the time as I work at my desk (HD650 and HD600 through the DAC2 HGC), but I've been putting quite a bit of work into my 2-channel rig as well.  Sharing my love for music with friends and family works well with headphones, but I've found it is also nice to be able to set them on the couch and exchange comments as we listen to the speakers as well.  

This system has evolved quite a bit, but it currently comprises of:

Salk Sound HT2-TL
AVA Fet Valve 600R
Benchmark DAC2 HGC
Linn Sondek LP12 (30+ years old, refurbished by Tom O'Keefe) 
Bottlehead Eros phono stage (customized)

Headphones are currently:

HD650
HD600

Although I'm shoe-horned into a corner of our unfinished basement, it's amazing how good the space sounds.  I credit the rugs, soft furnishings, media on the walls, and the orientation of the ceiling joists.  I don't currently use any purpose-built sound treatments.  

The AVA/Salk combo is terrific! I got a long listen at RMAF to a variety of AVA/Salk combo's. Great sound and a great value.

Dec 6, 2014 at 12:36 PM Post #19,104 of 41,136

The AVA/Salk combo is terrific! I got a long listen at RMAF to a variety of AVA/Salk combo's. Great sound and a great value.

Thank you!  Part of the fun of this hobby is that, even after twenty years (wow, that makes me feel older than I am!), I discover companies that are totally new to me.  Jim Salk and Frank van Alstine have been wonderful people to get to know.  They seem to be in tune with what music lovers want and are less concerned with fads and some of the pageantry that plagues certain portions of the industry.  The list of companies and individuals that I could add to the list of "good guys" is long, so I'm certainly not singling out Jim and Frank as the only ones.  At the end of the day, it's all about enjoying the beauty of recorded music!    

Dec 6, 2014 at 2:25 PM Post #19,105 of 41,136
My current Head-Fi setup.  

My Head-Fi setup consists of:

Sennheiser HD700
Sennheiser HD650 (Moon Silver Dragon V2 cable)
Audio Technica ATH-W1000X
Schiit Valhalla 
Aune T1 USB Tube DAC (with Amperex 7308 tube)  

Dec 6, 2014 at 2:41 PM Post #19,106 of 41,136
Dec 6, 2014 at 2:45 PM Post #19,107 of 41,136
  looks nice on the glass

Thanks.  :) Though I kinda figured the cords on the floor would need cleaning up after second looking at the pic. :wink:

Dec 6, 2014 at 3:09 PM Post #19,109 of 41,136
  Those speakers are truly amazing. And worth seeing again! 

I'd love a space like that, can't even risk having any speakers up at the mo (small children) 

Thanks!  Mine are six and two...thankfully the six-year-old is highly trained and the two-year-old never goes near the speakers unsupervised :)  This would never fly upstairs where the family spends most of our time!  

Dec 6, 2014 at 3:14 PM Post #19,110 of 41,136
  Thanks!  Mine are six and two...thankfully the six-year-old is highly trained and the two-year-old never goes near the speakers unsupervised :)  This would never fly upstairs where the family spends most of our time!  

My birthday is on Monday - Can I have your basement? We don't really do the whole basement thing in Ireland. 
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back