Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Apr 26, 2014 at 5:27 PM Post #17,912 of 41,463
So I got myself a lyr....
Do you guys have any tube suggestions for my concero>lyr>ADs?

Very nice, enjoy! I recommend the Amperex Bugle Boys or PQ ECC88s for the Lyr. They have been my preferred cost/benefit tubes. You can find some good deals from mercedesman6572 on Ebay.

Apr 29, 2014 at 6:16 PM Post #17,918 of 41,463

Dream on....

Haha! At least until I get more cash flow. Other than a better headphone amp, I see no reason to get anything else at the moment. I'm completely satisfied with my SE535 and HD650. It'll be a long long time before I buy a stand-alone DAC as the Babyface (how's that for a compulsive purchase?)  sounds amazing and I use it for recording.

Apr 29, 2014 at 6:20 PM Post #17,920 of 41,463

Haha! At least until I get more cash flow. Other than a better headphone amp, I see no reason to get anything else at the moment. I'm completely satisfied with my SE535 and HD650. It'll be a long long time before I buy a stand-alone DAC as the Babyface sounds amazing and I use it for recording.

I hope you are as tough as you think, but from my experience upgraditis strikes when you never expect it :wink: I had setups from basic, to runnin an Audiophilleo into a Metrum Octave and Corda Classic and Beyer T1s. Never enough. I got hooked on my speaker system fortunately and got rid of all headphone gear.

Lol that's what I said 2 setups ago, now I'm eyeing TOTL gear

Exactly!

EDIT: "s" deleted 

Apr 29, 2014 at 8:02 PM Post #17,924 of 41,463

I hope you are as tough as you think, but from my experience upgraditis strikes when you never expect it :wink: I had setups from basic, to runnin an Audiophilleo into a Metrum Octave and Corda Classic and Beyer T1s. Never enough. I got hooked on my speaker system fortunately and got rid of all headphone gear.

This isn't the first hobby I've taken up where the upgraditis disease runs rampant haha. Fortunately everything I've bought so far (music related) has been at cost so I've saved a good amount vs retail price. I thought buying the HD650's was a great deal... LOL. I did not look into the future with that one.

Actually, who am I kidding. Of course I will never reach my end game :D

Apr 30, 2014 at 12:40 PM Post #17,925 of 41,463
This isn't the first hobby I've taken up where the upgraditis disease runs rampant haha. Fortunately everything I've bought so far (music related) has been at cost so I've saved a good amount vs retail price. I thought buying the HD650's was a great deal... LOL. I did not look into the future with that one.

Actually, who am I kidding. Of course I will never reach my end game :D

Exactly. No one has ever reached it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back