Show me your headphone stands/displays!
Mar 18, 2007 at 8:33 AM Post #451 of 639
My first headphone stand, made by phergus_25. The wood is maple, and it coordinates well with the turntable and the rest of the gear. I intend to color the red felt with a black Sharpie. I love the look of pitted metal.

IMG_7413.JPG

IMG_7416.JPG

IMG_7415.JPG

IMG_7417.JPG

IMG_7418.JPG

Mar 26, 2007 at 6:15 PM Post #452 of 639
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpacemanSpiff23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
umbratph.jpg

I just ordered this toilet paper stand since I don't have a lot of desk space. I'll let you know how it works out.

600smile.gif
Well I can certainly say form experience this works great as a toilet paper holder. Use it myself. I like your thinking though. The base on this thing is very heavy. Should do the trick nicely!

Apr 1, 2009 at 7:59 PM Post #453 of 639
Quote:

Originally Posted by Afrikane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks, I used chamois leather, it is soft but has some texture as well to provide a little non slip.

those are a thing of beauty...what kind of wood? Felt on the base I assume? You could customize these depending on the width of the headphone and sell them.....
very beautiful.

Apr 1, 2009 at 8:17 PM Post #454 of 639
2 year old thread.
bigsmile_face.gif

But I'll help revive it and add: I really, really need a headphone stand. Headphile's are absolutely the best looking, but also a bit pricey.. I ended up around $140 when calculating costs, which to be honest is a lot of money to put on a stand, even though it simply reeks of high quality and stylish good looks.

Apr 1, 2009 at 8:35 PM Post #455 of 639
Quote:

Originally Posted by wovenhand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
2 year old thread.
bigsmile_face.gif

But I'll help revive it and add: I really, really need a headphone stand. Headphile's are absolutely the best looking, but also a bit pricey.. I ended up around $140 when calculating costs, which to be honest is a lot of money to put on a stand, even though it simply reeks of high quality and stylish good looks.

Woo Audio stands are quite nice, and affordable.

Apr 1, 2009 at 9:03 PM Post #456 of 639
Quote:

Originally Posted by peanuthead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Woo Audio stands are quite nice, and affordable.

Yes, they're nice but with shipping they end up at $115 and then I might as well add another $35 and get the woody lambskin deluxe stand.
wink.gif

I'm thinking of asking a friend who's a cnc operator to design me something simple and sturdy.

Apr 2, 2009 at 3:26 PM Post #458 of 639
My K1000 stand.
smile.gif

Another creation by our fellow 'afrikane'.

33338156.jpg

Apr 2, 2009 at 4:17 PM Post #459 of 639
Quote:

Originally Posted by wovenhand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, they're nice but with shipping they end up at $115 and then I might as well add another $35 and get the woody lambskin deluxe stand.
wink.gif

I'm thinking of asking a friend who's a cnc operator to design me something simple and sturdy.

You could go the DIY route, might end up being cheaper than CNCing something just with material cost.

I made one with steel pipe and a piece of wood.

3358574760_e0594f59cd.jpg

Apr 2, 2009 at 8:21 PM Post #464 of 639
The headboard from this, (in black) is the perfect thickness for 325is to sit on and the perfect distance from my bedside amp, lappy and turntable for comfy sittin' on the bed and listening to tunes.

My bedside equipment is on a little, wooden wheeled stand my father (RIP) made for me and my brother when I was about eight or so to hold a small TV and Nintendo Entertainment System, so that has nostalgic value to me.
smily_headphones1.gif
It holds the aforementioned amp and turntable, as well as a small stack of CDs and a Panasonic DVD player I use as a transport.

Apr 2, 2009 at 9:00 PM Post #465 of 639
good old sennheiser stand
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back