Show me your headphone stands/displays!
Feb 22, 2007 at 10:14 AM Post #421 of 639
Quote:

Originally Posted by lyramax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Towel stand from Homegoods:

headphonestandrr6.jpg

This is not a towel stand, it's a toilet roll holder... still it looks good, don't let people give you crap over it...
tongue.gif

Feb 22, 2007 at 2:05 PM Post #423 of 639
^
Now that are some freaky heads. They would certainly frighten me just sitting in the dark like that. *yeah, I'm not a horror movie guy...

Feb 23, 2007 at 9:28 AM Post #428 of 639
Quote:

Originally Posted by socrates63 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lad27, can you describe the floor stands? What are they? Where did you get the wooden knobs and how did you attach them to the stand?

The stands are LG brand satellite speakers stands that guy threw in for free when I bought home theatre Panasonic receiver + all these fancy plastic surround sound speakers that came with it.They've been collecting dust until I got an idea to use them as headphone stands. Originally the L-shaped top was around 6" high, with several holes in it (possibly to accomodate for different types of speakers).
First I thought I just bend the L metal bit in vice, but who would do that for a special, woodied Darths?
I paid visit to the local wood-turner guy who makes all sort of touristy souveniers from the aussie hardwood (btw he's Canadian) and he's got these wine bottle stoppers turned to the beautifuly smooth finish from red-gum (eucalyptus) tree.
I had to trim the overly long taper, which I did with hacksaw + fine metal cutting blade...Cut off the top of the metal L bit., filed, drilled countersunk hole where I wanted it, drilled hole in the centre of wooden bit and screwed it together.

Feb 26, 2007 at 8:48 AM Post #429 of 639
Lad27, nice job on the stand. They look great, if I didn't say so already.

What do you guys think about this one? It came up on Audiogon (sold). The curved top piece is a bit too wide but I find the overall design very appealing. It looks like the height is adjustable as well. I can just imagine what sjt (Steve) could do with it. There's more shots of it from different angles in the listing.

1172353103.jpg

Feb 26, 2007 at 9:10 AM Post #430 of 639
umbratph.jpg

I just ordered this toilet paper stand since I don't have a lot of desk space. I'll let you know how it works out.

Feb 26, 2007 at 10:13 AM Post #431 of 639
Some good idea's I got from here. Some are really nice looking. Nice job guys

Feb 26, 2007 at 10:33 AM Post #433 of 639
Quote:

Originally Posted by socrates63 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lad27, nice job on the stand. They look great, if I didn't say so already.

What do you guys think about this one? It came up on Audiogon (sold). The curved top piece is a bit too wide but I find the overall design very appealing. It looks like the height is adjustable as well. I can just imagine what sjt (Steve) could do with it. There's more shots of it from different angles in the listing.

I am busy making a stand that is very similar in concept. I will post pics once it is finished, probably this Friday.

Mar 4, 2007 at 6:59 AM Post #434 of 639
Some good stuff here! I think I spent an hour going through all the posts and pics on this thread. I'm going to get with my brother in law tomorrow and see if he can help (well actually just make) me a nice headphone stand out of flame maple.

I got some good ideas from this thread.

Mar 4, 2007 at 7:27 AM Post #435 of 639
My headphones are on display in the closet because they've been banished from my sight (I don't like headphones much):

(and no, I didn't put them there just for this picture, that's where I actually have them right now)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back