Show me your headphone stands/displays!
Sep 11, 2004 at 11:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 639

NKT

Head-Fier
I've been trying to come up with a better way of placing my headphones when they're not in use. They're currently standing on my LaCie external hard drive. There's got to be a better way, other than the Stax headphone stand (call me anal, but I don't think it's right to put some Alessandro phones on a Stax stand).
smily_headphones1.gif
Thanks!

Sep 11, 2004 at 11:34 PM Post #2 of 639
I found a chrome and metal high tech looking coffee mug rack at Bed Bath and Beyond with hooks for about 8 mugs. I currently am hanging 5 prs of headphones off of it! I found another one made of light wood at Linens and Things and use that one downstairs for my two pairs of Senn 650's.

Sep 12, 2004 at 12:02 AM Post #3 of 639
my headphone stand is just a 3" ardox with a hunk of vinyl tubing over it

Sep 12, 2004 at 1:30 AM Post #6 of 639
Here's "Moe" - my MisterX Headphone Stand! Of course I don't leave my MS-2s on there like that - I did the dumbo shot just for effect. Usually the pads will lie flush on the two acrylic wings on the side.
IMG_0122.jpg

Right now my rig is a bit decimated - that's my portable amp with my home source - the Solo should be coming soon, and etc etc. I'll post my full rig once everything is here in the appropriate forum.

Sep 12, 2004 at 1:35 AM Post #7 of 639
Quote:

Originally Posted by null
My "can-stand" is just a 3M adhesive hook. Works wonders for hanging the cans on my wall.

quoted for the truth

Sep 12, 2004 at 2:38 AM Post #8 of 639
Those are some good ideas...especially the banana stand one. Why didn't I think of that?
smily_headphones1.gif

Does anyone know where I can get something like the headstand used in the Sony Qualia promo picture?

1088205588.jpg

Sep 12, 2004 at 2:45 AM Post #9 of 639
We actually asked at the Qualia store - the rep said he's going to ask Sony if they might consider selling just the stands for $100 a pop - it's worth it, it's the most stable block of aluminum ever, very pro.

Sep 12, 2004 at 2:58 AM Post #10 of 639
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
We actually asked at the Qualia store - the rep said he's going to ask Sony if they might consider selling just the stands for $100 a pop - it's worth it, it's the most stable block of aluminum ever, very pro.

$100 ?!?!?

That's crazy. OK, we spend much more than that on headphones, which most people in the world find insane. But $100 on a stand ? You yourself just said it, it's a block of aluminum.

Hmm... Though maybe you're just using deadpan humor? Please say this is a joke!
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 12, 2004 at 3:10 AM Post #11 of 639
Well the Stax stand is like, hmm, 60 bucks? and it's wood? This thing is a nicely machined piece of metal with a felt bottom - plenty of head-fiers would pay to not have to use a banana stand!

Case in point:

IMG_0124.jpg

Sep 12, 2004 at 3:13 AM Post #12 of 639
Well, you guys could just use one of those towel racks, like this one. It'd certainly look better.

Sep 12, 2004 at 3:27 AM Post #13 of 639
banana stands can be decent looking:

Picture018.jpg
[/b]

Sep 12, 2004 at 3:33 AM Post #14 of 639
i have to admit i got paranoid about the hook on the hanger and possible divoting of my leather band, so i solved it by getting a 10 cent cosmetic wedge from the pharmacy and sticking it on the hook. Well it works perfect but now its...actually who am i to complain, most of my stuff is modded and/or "reclaimed" lol.

Sep 12, 2004 at 3:42 AM Post #15 of 639
So many people use banana hangers but it just bothers me to see all the weight of the headphones hanging on one tiny point like that. Something that mimicked the shape of the top of a human head would be best i think, distribute the weight of the headphones a bit better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back