Show me your headphone stands/displays!
Sep 12, 2004 at 7:15 AM Post #31 of 639
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
IMG_0122.jpg

That's a beautiful headphone stand Jahn.
icon14.gif
It seems that you have bent the MS-2's pretty wide. Is your head that big?
biggrin.gif

Sep 12, 2004 at 8:15 AM Post #32 of 639
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
We actually asked at the Qualia store - the rep said he's going to ask Sony if they might consider selling just the stands for $100 a pop - it's worth it, it's the most stable block of aluminum ever, very pro.

Hi Jahn,

Keep us posted on this. I think 100USD is not a bad price for that stand considering the STAX one already costs 79USD.

Sep 12, 2004 at 8:21 AM Post #33 of 639
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shang-Ti Chen
That's a beautiful headphone stand Jahn.
icon14.gif
It seems that you have bent the MS-2's pretty wide. Is your head that big?
biggrin.gif

Its called the cups are keeping the cans from closing since they're sideways like that. Pretty commen sense?

Sep 12, 2004 at 9:00 AM Post #34 of 639
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller
Is that thread really necessary? I mean this problem has been discussed 10 times before IIRC, with all kind of solutions, why not using the search instead, now is working fine......just a few of them, just cut and paste the link if you want ot see them:

www4.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=23446

www4.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=76220

www4.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=72551

www4.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=56062

www4.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=53373

www4.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=50874

www4.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=50412

Do a search and you will find all kind of solutions to this problem, or others, related with the headphone stands, this is not a new issue here, this one has a solution, the cheapest is to use those foam rollers from the beauty parlors, the ones used to mold the hair, (or in the 99 cents stores, they sell 12 or so for 1.00) and just insert one in the hook and period......
BTW there are some kind of headphones (CD3000 included) that you literally have to "hang" them as the earcups close one against the other, and to place something in between will cause more damage than benefits....

Most links on this threads are not working. And that's why we should refresh the discussion regularly. BTW how many times have you praising about CD3000. Do you have to do this more? Yes, because there are newbies that are may be not interested in CD3000 yet and are not doing any search on them. And you can rise their interest. This is a discussion forum and if the discussion is going on then there is need for it to go. Where on these threads could we read that Sony's going to sell their stand apart from the cans too?

Take care
wink.gif

Sep 12, 2004 at 9:41 AM Post #36 of 639
Quote:

Originally Posted by enzoferrari650
Its called the cups are keeping the cans from closing since they're sideways like that. Pretty commen sense?

Is it really so? It doesn't look very clearly from the photo...

Sep 12, 2004 at 1:04 PM Post #37 of 639
Hi Shang-ti, I've REALLY been enjoying the MSP's. Haven't gotten around to posting a review of it, but I think I will, shortly.

Regarding the Sony stand, is there anyone out there who is handy with woodworking materials that can make a stand similar or better than Sony's, and sell it at, say, $50-70? Glossy Mahogany, or Walnut, or maple....that'd be sweet. I know I'd gladly pay for one.
smily_headphones1.gif
Anyone?

Sep 12, 2004 at 1:10 PM Post #38 of 639
Quote:

Originally Posted by NKT
Hi Shang-ti, I've REALLY been enjoying the MSP's. Haven't gotten around to posting a review of it, but I think I will, shortly.

k I'm really looking forward to it. Please be sure to remember to do it, ok?
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 12, 2004 at 1:14 PM Post #39 of 639
Quote:

Originally Posted by NKT

Regarding the Sony stand, is there anyone out there who is handy with woodworking materials that can make a stand similar or better than Sony's, and sell it at, say, $50-70? Glossy Mahogany, or Walnut, or maple....that'd be sweet. I know I'd gladly pay for one.
smily_headphones1.gif
Anyone?

you mean Xanadu777 /Larry ?
check out his website

he might be able to do something woody for you..

Sep 12, 2004 at 5:43 PM Post #40 of 639
Heya dj_mocok, wow, thanks for the link! I will definitely ask him if he can fabricate something cool. Will keep ya'll posted
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 12, 2004 at 6:00 PM Post #41 of 639
Enzo is right, I swivelled the cups out for effect - my head is NOT that big really! Usually the cans rest comfortably on the stand and dont put pressure on the pads at all. Plus the acrylic rod doesn't put any pressure on the headband at all - thanks again for "Moe," MisterX!

Sep 12, 2004 at 7:50 PM Post #42 of 639

Sep 12, 2004 at 8:29 PM Post #45 of 639
yep that's the same as mine, except i use a foam pad on the hook and you use...something else? a cotton wrap? Eventually i think I'll keep the DT770s on Moe and keep the MS-2 on the banana hanger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back