Show me your headphone stands/displays!
Sep 12, 2004 at 3:44 AM Post #16 of 639
Quote:

Originally Posted by ogewo
So many people use banana hangers but it just bothers me to see all the weight of the headphones hanging on one tiny point like that. Something that mimicked the shape of the top of a human head would be best i think, distribute the weight of the headphones a bit better.

That's why "Moe" rules. Check out the cheesy lightning bolt stand - that's an acrylic rod supporting the cans on top, with the acrylic wings on the side allowing the pads to rest on something. I found it better than a banana hanger imho.

Sep 12, 2004 at 3:52 AM Post #17 of 639
100USD a pop!
blink.gif

Sep 12, 2004 at 4:13 AM Post #18 of 639
Quote:

So many people use banana hangers but it just bothers me to see all the weight of the headphones hanging on one tiny point like that. Something that mimicked the shape of the top of a human head would be best i think, distribute the weight of the headphones a bit better.

Well, with the towel rack one that I suggested the headband would hang on two bars:

Sep 12, 2004 at 4:16 AM Post #19 of 639
Now that is ingenious.

Sep 12, 2004 at 4:23 AM Post #20 of 639
Is that thread really necessary? I mean this problem has been discussed 10 times before IIRC, with all kind of solutions, why not using the search instead, now is working fine......just a few of them, just cut and paste the link if you want ot see them:

here, here, here, here, here, here, or here, just to mention a few

Quote:

Do a search and you will find all kind of solutions to this problem, or others, related with the headphone stands, this is not a new issue here, this one has a solution, the cheapest is to use those foam rollers from the beauty parlors, the ones used to mold the hair, (or in the 99 cents stores, they sell 12 or so for 1.00) and just insert one in the hook and period......
BTW there are some kind of headphones (CD3000 included) that you literally have to "hang" them as the earcups close one against the other, and to place something in between will cause more damage than benefits....

Sep 12, 2004 at 4:28 AM Post #21 of 639
Transparent sound...
biggrin.gif

attachment.php

Sep 12, 2004 at 4:44 AM Post #23 of 639
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwkarth
Transparent sound...
biggrin.gif

attachment.php

And some stretched pads, pretty soon......
blink.gif
blink.gif
blink.gif

Sep 12, 2004 at 4:51 AM Post #24 of 639
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure
Well, with the towel rack one that I suggested the headband would hang on two bars:

What if you have grados? wouldnt it just hang on that single bar on the top that is higher than the others? unless im seeing the picture wrong it doesnt look like grados, or cans with one headband will rest on the two lower bars.
blink.gif

Sep 12, 2004 at 5:27 AM Post #25 of 639
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller
And some stretched pads, pretty soon......
blink.gif
blink.gif
blink.gif

Nope, been using them for over two years. No stretched pads. Not in the least.

Sep 12, 2004 at 5:41 AM Post #26 of 639
whats wrong with banana stand anyway ? i cant really make sense of hanging headphone on one tiny hook/point will be bad for the headphones in long run (eg. changing the curve of the headband)...
its not like the drivers weight 2kg each anyway...

Sep 12, 2004 at 5:46 AM Post #27 of 639
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok
whats wrong with banana stand anyway ? i cant really make sense of hanging headphone on one tiny hook/point will be bad for the headphones in long run (eg. changing the curve of the headband)...
its not like the drivers weight 2kg each anyway...

No but if you do not take precautions, the hook may make some marks on the headband with the time, just place some foam or rubber, jst in case and period....

I got last week an floor stander toilet paper holder, for the bedroom setup, as I have no space on top of the system. Very nice and you could move it around, all chromed, and is a floor stander

Sep 12, 2004 at 5:47 AM Post #28 of 639
I think the banana hangers would be pretty safe with a headband that is relatively rigid such as one of the Sennheiser HD580s/600s/650s or an A900, but I probably wouldn't want to use it on cans with less rigid headbands such as the Grados, especially if they were heavier (such as the PS-1)

Sep 12, 2004 at 6:59 AM Post #29 of 639
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller
No but if you do not take precautions, the hook may make some marks on the headband with the time, just place some foam or rubber, jst in case and and period....

I got last week an floor stander toilet paper holder, for the bedroom setup, as I have no space on top of the system. Very nice and you could move it around, all chromed, and is a floor stander

thats right... metal hooks might scratch/wore off the paint of the headbands... im actually making a hook for headphone stand at the moment.... and just bought myself a thick cloth to wrap around the hook so it wont scratch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back