Should I replace my Sennheiser HD25-1 ii's with something else?
Sep 5, 2012 at 4:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

dingoberries

New Head-Fier
So I accidentally left my cans outside at a job a few towns away and couldn't find them for about 2 months. They were introduced to every element that nature felt like exposing them to, including rain. Finally when I was reunited with them I let them dry in the summer heat of my baking car for around a week (driest place I had for them). The right side seems to work fine and the left is most likely fried since a cable switch didn't solve the problem. After searching around on the web for replacement parts for my HD-25's and coming up fairly empty handed, I have considered buying a new pair or should I invest in another pair of cans? I really liked the sound quality of them mixed through my Fiio e7 portable pre-amp. The one complaint I do have is the bass although very clear and crisp was a bit weak in my opionion...I'm a bit of a very much a basshead lol. Any suggestions on if there are replacement sites or better headphones out there suiting my interests and under $250? I listen mainly to EDM (house, dubstep etc.) metal and I produce my own stuff of similar genre.

BTW this is my first post so hopefully it's seen and not too n00bish.
atsmile.gif

your fellow audiophile,
-dingo

Sep 5, 2012 at 6:24 PM Post #2 of 28
If you're a bass head, maybe think about getting a ZO to go with whatever headphones you use...they're a lot of fun. I use mine mainly with my IEMs, but I think most people use headphones.

www.digizoid.com

Sep 5, 2012 at 6:46 PM Post #3 of 28
So far, the easiest way for me to get rewarding bass, at cheap price was to buy an IEM (got an yamaha eph-100).
Now the brand that get  usually recommendation for bass are denon & ultrasone.
Personally I don't care too much of bass thump, I'm expecting more, like more textured bass,
and that extend lower, and I was expecting more from the bass of the hd25 .

Sep 6, 2012 at 6:06 PM Post #8 of 28
Quote:
So I accidentally left my cans outside at a job a few towns away and couldn't find them for about 2 months. They were introduced to every element that nature felt like exposing them to, including rain. Finally when I was reunited with them I let them dry in the summer heat of my baking car for around a week (driest place I had for them). The right side seems to work fine and the left is most likely fried since a cable switch didn't solve the problem. After searching around on the web for replacement parts for my HD-25's and coming up fairly empty handed, I have considered buying a new pair or should I invest in another pair of cans? I really liked the sound quality of them mixed through my Fiio e7 portable pre-amp. The one complaint I do have is the bass although very clear and crisp was a bit weak in my opionion...I'm a bit of a very much a basshead lol. Any suggestions on if there are replacement sites or better headphones out there suiting my interests and under $250? I listen mainly to EDM (house, dubstep etc.) metal and I produce my own stuff of similar genre.

BTW this is my first post so hopefully it's seen and not too n00bish.
atsmile.gif

your fellow audiophile,
-dingo

I've stopped listening to my HD25 now that my IE80s are burned in. If you need portability I'd look to get a pair. I listen to EDM/trance/dubstep

Sep 6, 2012 at 6:11 PM Post #9 of 28
Quote:

I've stopped listening to my HD25 now that my IE80s are burned in. If you need portability I'd look to get a pair. I listen to EDM/trance/dubstep

Aren't those like $400+?

Sep 6, 2012 at 6:28 PM Post #12 of 28
Quote:
Aren't those like $400+?

These are overpriced. The  bass of my yamaha eph-100 is almost as good as my senn IE7, which is known to be similar to IE8.
I prefer to listen to techno or bassy stuff on my eph-100 than on hd25.
Otherwise if you are not affraid by modding , I got decent bass from my srh940.

Sep 6, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #13 of 28
Quote:
These are overpriced. The  bass of my yamaha eph-100 is almost as good as my senn IE7, which is known to be similar to IE8.
I prefer to listen to techno or bassy stuff on my eph-100 than on hd25.
Otherwise if you are not affraid by modding , I got decent bass from my srh940.

I guess Devgru was too busy being critical of others suggestions instead of actually reading that the OP is looking for options under $250.

Sep 6, 2012 at 7:48 PM Post #14 of 28
I paid $250 for them on amazon.de

They're a bit more now (were 199 EUR) http://www.amazon.de/Sennheiser-504771-IE-80-In-Ear-Kopfh%C3%B6rer/dp/B005N8W27I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1346975343&sr=8-1

Sep 6, 2012 at 7:55 PM Post #15 of 28
Quote:
In his defense, I have owned the M-80 which competes and does some things better than the HD25. I have no doubt that the M-100 will top both of these cans. Just my 2 cents.

Our Martin - looks very nice, thanks for sharing that!

Yeah, would like to hear them as well, but not crazy about the design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back