Sharing my friend's poor experience with Woo Audio's customer service
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 28, 2020 at 7:51 PM Post #62 of 339
Unprofessional? Are you kidding me? You guys crapped all over him!
today is the first time I am seeing this thread.

I find @JohnZS posts to share private email communications on a public forum without letting me or anyone at Woo Audio know to be very unprofessional. I've had no chance to respond to his posts until many others have seen it and commented on his one-sided story. @warrenpchi @jude @AnakChan (moderator).

I've tried to help John with his concerns on WA11 via many emails and phone calls PRIOR to him sending the WA11 to us for an inspection. Up until our inspection of his WA11, we did not know what was going on with the unit other than his explanation of the problems. In troubleshooting, there are many possible causes when it comes to noise concerns. Because I cannot see or inspect the system chain, I can only make recommendations based on what is shared with me verbally.

Long story short, I explained to JohnZs that we designed WA11 topaz's 4.4mm input to the official Pentaconn specs (5-pole). And in order for the analog input to function properly, all 5-poles must be connected. JohnZs told me he was using a Moon Audio made 2.5mm cable to 4.4mm from his A&K player as the source. According to AK website, the 2.5mm output is "only 4-poles supported". I told John, for this reason the cable is not recommended for use with WA11's 4.4mm input which is 5-pole. I never once said that the Moon-Audio cable was the cause to the problems he was having with WA11. I simply explained the tech behind 4.4mm Pentaconn.

The communication between me and John ceased when he emailed Moon-Audio stating I said the Moon-Audio cable caused the damage to his WA11. As you can see in the many posts JohnZs shared in this thread, some are personal attacks and unprofessional. I don't appreciate that nor would take the conversation further and escalate the situation so I looped in Jack Wu (owner of Woo Audio) to further assist JohnZs.

JohnZs WA11 is out of warranty. Jack offered JohnZs a discount on the repair. The out of pocket cost for the repair is $150 which includes parts, labor, and return shipping.

Jul 28, 2020 at 7:55 PM Post #63 of 339
Unprofessional? Are you kidding me? You guys crapped all over him!
Right?! That's what I'm sayin here. I see no professionalism from the professional side, why should we expect professionalism from the customer side? Are we talking about a big business deal here or are we talking about just customer purchasing item? Again, I feel that woo need someone that actually know how to work with people for this role. After all, no one I know are willing to pay this premium price for defective products and textbook level of how customer service should not look like.

Jul 28, 2020 at 8:06 PM Post #64 of 339
The amp was repaired. A small fees was charged because it was out of warranty. Looking at the conversation, we advised that a analog interconnection cable must have a ground wire. This applies to all audio setup. We clearly stated we do not know the cause.

There were hours and hours of troubleshooting spent on helping this customer. Clearly, that was not enough.

The customer sent in the headphones, headphone cable, and the amp. We did test them all! If we had no intention to help, we would not ask the customer to send them in. I think this is done as humanly as possible. I hope people see this side of aspect.

Jul 28, 2020 at 8:09 PM Post #65 of 339
You're basically denying all those email exchanges. Yikes! 🤦‍♂️
The amp was repaired. A small fees was charged because it was out of warranty. Looking at the conversation, we advised that a analog interconnection cable must have a ground wire. This applies to all audio setup. We clearly stated we do not know the cause.

There were hours and hours of troubleshooting spent on helping this customer. Clearly, that was not enough.

The customer sent in the headphones, headphone cable, and the amp. We did test them all! If we had no intention to help, we would not ask the customer to send them in. I think this is done as humanly as possible. I hope people see this side of aspect.

Jul 28, 2020 at 8:15 PM Post #66 of 339
Try name one dap with the 5th pole of 4.4mm output connect to an actual "ground" except to their chassis without mod. If you are blaming Pentaconn 4.4, how do the Lotoo daps work just fine LOL.

Lotoo did theirs 5-pole per Pentaconn specs

Jul 28, 2020 at 8:19 PM Post #67 of 339
If I might opine, the email exchange was not handled well. Even if Mike wasn't saying that the cable was at fault (which he clearly wasn't) the way the email was worded confused the customer into thinking that it was being implied. Implying, even unintentionally, that the customer's cable is at fault, then offering a correctly made one* for $300 was a very poor customer service move.

As for sharing emails, it's worth assuming nowadays that anything you send over the internet will be made public. If you're the front-facing person for a company, that's just a given.

*Correctly made, according to the company

Jul 28, 2020 at 8:41 PM Post #68 of 339
Wow as someone who has been really close to a WA33 for a few months now, this has given me pause. I read through all the emails and Woo's response. Not pleased with what I saw, and I don't think it's at all fair to blame OP for posting the emails. I'm glad he posted them, they show nothing but the flat truth of the exchange. Or is Woo saying something was left out of what he showed?

Jul 28, 2020 at 9:03 PM Post #69 of 339

I find @JohnZS posts to share private email communications on a public forum without letting me or anyone at Woo Audio know to be very unprofessional. I've had no chance to respond to his posts until many others have seen it and commented on his one-sided story. @AnakChan (moderator).

I've tried to help John with his concerns on WA11 via many emails and phone calls PRIOR to him sending the WA11 to us for an inspection. Up until our inspection of his WA11, we did not know what was going on with the unit other than his explanation of the problems. In troubleshooting, there are many possible causes when it comes to noise concerns. Because I cannot see or inspect the system chain, I can only make recommendations based on what is shared with me verbally.

Long story short, I explained to JohnZs that we designed WA11 topaz's 4.4mm input to the official Pentaconn specs (5-pole). And in order for the analog input to function properly, all 5-poles must be connected. JohnZs told me he was using a Moon Audio made 2.5mm cable to 4.4mm from his A&K player as the source. According to AK website, the 2.5mm output is "only 4-poles supported". I told John, for this reason the cable is not recommended for use with WA11's 4.4mm input which is 5-pole. I never once said that the Moon-Audio cable was the cause to the problems he was having with WA11. I simply explained the tech behind 4.4mm Pentaconn.

The communication between me and John ceased when he emailed Moon-Audio stating I said the Moon-Audio cable caused the damage to his WA11. As you can see in the many posts JohnZs shared in this thread, some are personal attacks and unprofessional. I don't appreciate that nor would take the conversation further and escalate the situation so I looped in Jack Wu (owner of Woo Audio) to further assist JohnZs.

JohnZs WA11 is out of warranty. Jack offered JohnZs a discount on the repair.

At least I should thank you first for showing up again after your 'I'm DONE talking to you'.

Today is the first time you seem this? Woo Audio was tagged by other members regarding this matter multiple times since last Friday. Jack seems to know about this and sent me email Monday early morning.

One-sided story? I posted everything I can gather in an as clear and non-biased way as possible, I even contacted my friend to edit his post when I found something not quite true(a mistake he wrote that was in my favor, BTW). I did it trying to get it as simple and correct as it can be, also in afraid that you going to disregard everything you said and change your comment again.

Unprofessional? LOL, I'm just a customer anyways, who has been 'bullied' and forced to go to the Forums, noticed I'm brand new to Head-Fi?
How about taking a look at yourself?

You lied to me when you said the cost at your side will be covered, you changed your comments regarding the issue a few times, you know the cable I used is made by Moon Audio specifically for this combo, you told me to tell Drew they didn't make the correct cable (you even recapped it in the email with nicer words).

You suddenly wanted money after you got my equipment, specifically send email only to me asking money, also offering me a $300 cable that's 'correctly' made. Knowing that the cable you accused is just back to Moon for testing and they haven't had time to respond yet.

You got mad at me, stopped responding to the chained email, didn't answer my phone call, then blocked my phone#. Talking about one-sided.

No real explanation, no apology whatsoever, suddenly changed your mind and charges me for everything from your side.

The reasons I didn't pay you at first and coped that to emails with Moon Audio:
1. You told me it was covered before returning, with your 'free consulting' are the reason you told me when I asked for a return shipping label. More details to remind you: You even bragged about Woo is in business since 2004, and there are people with your older products came asking you questions, and you also give them 'free consulting'. I wish you could saw my facial expression when I heard that on the other side of the phone. With all these blame you put on me and everything you were so quickly denied, you never once denied this statement. (LOL, now that I point it out, let's see how you dodge this one)
The fact it was so laughable and unbelievable, I even told my friends the same day(7/17), and they can prove that if you want.

2. The reason I was trying to keep Moon Audio in the contacts, of course is to solve the problem. But also I felt your one-sided statements and theories are unfair and unethical to Drew from Moon Audio and me. The fact you refused to tell that to Drew by yourself and told me to do so. Then denied everything after I bring Moon into the conversation. Finally sending email only to me asking $200, at the same time attempted to undercut Moon Audio with your $300 cable offer.

3. When Jack joined the conversation, despite he was trying to discredit me. I was glad someone else from Woo stepped in after you totally blocked me. However he told me the problem is unknown after you have told me that the analog circuit was damaged due to shortage. That was so confusing and raised even more questions regarding your behavior. How am I suppose to just pay you after all these??

4. Never once did you(Mike) ever mention the warranty time except just now on the forums. As I said to Jack when he first mentioning the warranty time as a reason Monday morning.
I did pay you immediately after Jack got a valid point Monday morning, and I'm just tired of all this. That was updated on Post #24(Update 7/29: now #39), in an as non-biased way possible.

Just WOW! Woo, I don't even know how did you pull that off. SMH:disappointed_relieved:

For your benefit, Woo: Maybe apologize to Moon Audio first since they are a much bigger player than a pesky customer like me... Of course, if you still think you are within the boundary to make an apology.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2020 at 9:14 PM Post #71 of 339

All were well and dandy, before you guys told a customer, ‘I’m done talking to you’ and blocking his call at the same time, get to the point first then we can have a conversation.

Jul 28, 2020 at 9:18 PM Post #72 of 339
Lotoo did theirs 5-pole per Pentaconn specs
Not every single 4.4 cable has "ground" on them and they all work great.

Let's ignore the problem here and be as "humanly" as possible as your colleague mentioned above.

I do not believe "I am done talking to you" is "done as humanly as possible".

I hope people see this side of aspect.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2020 at 9:20 PM Post #73 of 339
@warrenpchi @jude @AnakChan (moderator).

some are personal attacks and unprofessional.

Hi Mike,

I respect your dedication to HiFi and am not looking for an argument or war.

The two lines I have bolded are not ok. Sending out a call to the mods to come and presumably help you and censor the thread is not the way to go about this.

There were no personal attacks made.

The customer also has no obligation to be "professional," even though I thought John was fairly level headed in his communications with you.

Jul 28, 2020 at 9:22 PM Post #74 of 339

Wow, incredible reply. I really appreciate all your FREE CONSULTING on your broken product. How about you pay me to chat and listening to all the non-sense with you? :laughing:

One thing: Mike specifically requested me to send Diana Phi w/ JSP upgraded cable back. Which did cost me more shipping and unnecessary risks of losing them.

Since you answered nothing, explained nothing, denied and ignored all the valid points that people are waiting to hear from you.
And still trying to make yourself look good(in a way that actually makes you look bad???)

Should I say, 2020 is an 'interesting' year just in a very bad way:joy:

Jul 28, 2020 at 9:30 PM Post #75 of 339

I find @JohnZS posts to share private email communications on a public forum without letting me or anyone at Woo Audio know to be very unprofessional. I've had no chance to respond to his posts until many others have seen it and commented on his one-sided story. @warrenpchi @jude @AnakChan (moderator).

JohnZs WA11 is out of warranty. Jack offered JohnZs a discount on the repair. The out of pocket cost for the repair is $150 which includes parts, labor, and return shipping.
imagine you irritated your customer enough so he made a post on a public forum trying to get help and still complain about UnPRofEssiONial lol. You went the extra mile just to trying to push john into taking the responsibility of your failed product and after all, this happens still don't even want to say a simple sorry to your irritated customer?

now trying to get a moderator involved to remove this thread because you have absolutely no standing in this matter, bully much?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back