Sharing my friend's poor experience with Woo Audio's customer service
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 29, 2020 at 5:05 AM Post #121 of 339
Jul 29, 2020 at 6:32 AM Post #122 of 339
As another customer of WA11, I would really like to know if connecting 4-pole to line in of WA11 could really damage the product. Can't they clarify that (and explain why) as of course no one would like a repeat of John experience here.

I think any customers of WA11 deserves clarification and explanation here.

Jul 29, 2020 at 6:47 AM Post #123 of 339
After reading all the emails, the problem appears to be that the way Mike wrote them made it appear like he was blaming the cable, even though if you read the actual wording he wasn't doing so.
I'm sorry but I'd have to disagree sir. The gentleman from woo didn't at all "appear" to be not blaming the cable.
That's the whole thing about this too. Had they simply asked John to ship the item to woo, the matter would've ended. Instead the gentleman kept on insisting that moon audio be questioned regarding their product.
Very disappointing indeed.
I'm definitely no expert but even from a technical standpoint, let's say the cable was wrongly implemented, faulty or damaged; I hope a thousand dollar piece of equipment would have a robust circuit design to protect from/manage offsets and transients. And let's say that's technically not possible; how difficult is it to just ask the customer to send the device over, repair it and charge a fee?

Jul 29, 2020 at 7:27 AM Post #124 of 339
Wow, I was considering the WA8 Eclipse for the longest time. The WA7 Fireflies also look absolutely stunning and I was thinking of buying them too. I just have this thing for tube glow, and the industrial design of Woo amps is unmatched.

But seeing this thread was disillusioning. If this is the sort of after-sales support I can expect, then there is no way that I will ever buy from Woo Audio.

@WooAudio, this is not how a luxury brand should ever behave with their customers. Your customers are funding your frankly insane profit margins with an expectation that you will treat them with the respect and professionalism becoming of a luxury brand. Treating your customers this badly will destroy your brand image.

And to be blunt, your replies in this thread are a trainwreck. I am honestly struggling to comprehend how you could have thought that any of your replies in this thread were remotely reasonable: Paging the mods, so presumably you can get the thread closed? Calling the customer unprofessional, after your own actions?

Also: Trying to fleece OP for a $300 cable? How in the world can you justify that? Does it seriously take you $300 worth of parts and labor to make a 2-foot cable, because that’s concerning to say the least? Because it’s really not that hard, trust me, I know a few good guides if you need help.

To get back on point: Chi-Fi companies operating through Google Translate are more cordial and provide better support than what you, a US-based luxury brand, have offered OP.

I mean don’t get me wrong, I love Head-Fi drama as much as everyone else reading this thread right now. But maybe consider entertaining people with well-designed products backed by solid customer support, rather than this absurdly bad PR?

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2020 at 9:47 AM Post #125 of 339
But pentaconn don't include ground in their 4.4 interconnects. As we know they are the ones that created this standard with sony... more of my opinions attached below, even though some DAPs got their 4.4 with ground, my best guess is their official standard don't require ground to function.
I've gone through the Pentaconn docs and they actually leave it up the implementer on how they wish to wire up the different poles. But as far as memory serves me correctly from a discussion we had with a manufacturer, the 5th pole was there available for grounding.

Even Oyaide's implementation (they were not the manufacturer where we had discussions with) show the 5th pole for GND.

https://oyaide.com/catalog/products/4_4_mm_5kyoku.html

As such the quote from @Zhanming057 from post 98 had from me was that the TA-ZH1ES was grounded (whilst the NW-WM1Z wasn't).

Jul 29, 2020 at 10:06 AM Post #126 of 339
Wow, I am amazed this is how a company treats a customer. While the customer may not always be right they are never wrong. Service recovery would have cemented Woo's relationship with John and he would have sung their praise to anyone who would listen, now it has resulted in this thread and Woo is in damage control mode which is now creating more problems. A lot can be learned from this situation.

Jul 29, 2020 at 1:49 PM Post #127 of 339
In fairness to Woo Audio (and I have no skin in the game here, other than, full disclosure, I know the Woo guys and consider them friends), wouldn't it be better to just lay out your own experience with them versus put an incendiary title of "DO NOT BUY Woo Audio's products"?

You're certainly entitled to sharing your experience, etc., and people will make their own decisions. But it just seems outright malicious to tell others 'not to buy'.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2020 at 1:57 PM Post #128 of 339
In fairness to Woo Audio (and I have no skin in the game here, other than, full disclosure, I know the Woo guys and consider them friends), wouldn't it be better to just lay out your own experience with them versus put an incendiary title of "DO NOT BUY Woo Audio's products"?

You're certainly entitled to sharing your experience, etc., and people will make their own decisions. But it just seems outright malicious to tell others 'not to buy'.

I know the Woo guys too. That's why I'm upset that they decided to ghost a customer.

On the one hand, John could have used something like "Disappointing customer experience with Woo". On the other hand, nothing incendiary about pointing out that a company which denies facts, gives misleading explanations about hardware, and refuses to communicate doesn't deserve our money. Again, if Jack and Mike just talked with him and proposed a mutually agreeable solution, none of this would have ever happened.

Jul 29, 2020 at 2:01 PM Post #129 of 339

In fairness to John (and I have no skin in the game here, other than, full disclosure, I know no one), wouldn't it better to just repair the amp versus blaming the cable and not honoring promises made via phone calls or blocking phone numbers of customers?

Woo Audio is certainly entitled to run their business and PR how they want and people will make their own decisions. But it just seems outright malicious to blame your own incompetent designs on cables.

Seriously though, this level of CS is frankly unacceptable for a $100 product, let alone for something that costs over a grand. The title is just.

Jul 29, 2020 at 2:11 PM Post #130 of 339
Jul 29, 2020 at 2:17 PM Post #131 of 339
I wanna thank Jack for taking the time and reaching out to me again.@Woo Audio

Here is the latest conversion:
4.png
5.png

Edit the same day:

To be fair, Jack just replied to me and I'm adding this as early as I can.

Jack,
If you truly care about me as your customer or even a person equal to you, it is then impossible for this to happen and still happening.
ALL orders 2019 and prior are from that same email address you just found... Same as with WA11 and JPS cable, so that's not even a valid excuse since you dug my WA11 order date just fine this Monday.
6.png

Maybe just quit it and start fixing all the issues while it is still possible?

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2020 at 2:28 PM Post #133 of 339
But they are, at a discount too.
Really? So you just ignored everything they did, only picking out the fact there are 'fixing it at a discount' totally out of the context.

It like the server at the restaurant gave you BS when you point out there's something wrong about your dish. Then told you that it will be taking care of for FREE. But bullied you when you ask why there is a charge after bring you another dish. The restaurant kicked you out then send you an invoice for the meal and everything. You posted the incident on Yelp, then they come out and offer that you still PAY that invoice but at a discount.

Finally someone jumped out saying to the customer: They are still trying to fix your dish, at a discount too!

So in your book Mediahound, that's how you see it?:rolling_eyes:

Jul 29, 2020 at 2:29 PM Post #134 of 339
In looking at your responses above, it's becoming more clear to me that you are actually more of a problem customer than Woo is a problem business, to speak quite frankly.

The way you badger and antagonize them is certainly quite eye rolling.
This is not "speak quite frankly". If you describe customers reaching out to seller for aftersale reasons as badger and antagonize there is probably something wrong with you. No offense, but what you said was just biased and nonsense.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2020 at 2:30 PM Post #135 of 339
In looking at your responses above, it's becoming more clear to me that you are actually more of a problem customer than Woo is a problem business, to speak quite frankly.

The way you badger and antagonize them is certainly quite eye rolling.
WOW, just WOW! I can't believe how you are saying that and wiping the floor for Woo Audio so hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back