Sharing my friend's poor experience with Woo Audio's customer service
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 29, 2020 at 3:42 PM Post #151 of 339
Perhaps. But diagnosing things like this is an act of discovery, not an act of blind proclamations. Them saying 'yeah, it's the amp', without knowing for sure if it was, would have been the latter.
The email implies that there was an issue with the amp that has been already fixed, and that there's another issue with the headphones.

Jul 29, 2020 at 3:45 PM Post #152 of 339
Perhaps. But diagnosing things like this is an act of discovery, not an act of blind proclamations. Them saying 'yeah, it's the amp', without knowing for sure if it was, would have been the latter.

But that's exactly what Woo did - prior to the post blowing up. Again, you can read the exchange in full on pages 1 and 2. Since John send his whole kit in and Woo is an Abyss retailer - shouldn't it be Woo's responsibility to fully diagnose the chain before coming up with repair quotes or chide John for not using his system properly?

Jul 29, 2020 at 3:47 PM Post #153 of 339
Since he paid immediately when they gave that option, your response makes little sense.

Not if he has buyer's remorse, which is clear he does.

Jul 29, 2020 at 3:48 PM Post #154 of 339
Not if he has buyer's remorse, which is clear he does.
Lmao if you were promised to get repair for free, sent the broken one to woo and immediately got charged you will be pissed too lol

Jul 29, 2020 at 3:50 PM Post #156 of 339
I was considering purchasing a WA5 from Woo, but the responses from customer service (mike sadly, as he seems like a nice enough guy in his non woo duties) were borderline obtuse, and full of old school audio myths (EQ is bad etc....) I am far from an objectivist, but mike repeatedly avoided questions, and acted as a salesman, rather than being helpful and actually answering my questions.

Also, some of the answers from CS (agan, mike) when I owned the WA8 were again, obtuse, and unhelpful.

All in all I can't recommend Woo Audio overall.

It is a shame, as they make beautiful looking products. They are however overpriced, and I fear lack proper support. I wouldn't feel comfortable purchasing another product from Woo.
Exactly, they are beautiful overpriced and problematic products. I crossed wooaudio out of my list already.

Jul 29, 2020 at 3:51 PM Post #157 of 339
Buyer's remorse after owning the device for more than a year?

Buyer's remorse can cross the space of time, just like love.

Jul 29, 2020 at 3:59 PM Post #163 of 339
Buyer's remorse can cross the space of time, just like love.

That is the stupidest thing I have ever read in a post here.

Of course he has buyer's remorse. He had an amp for a year and it developed problems and instead of diagnosing it and fixing it, Mike has somehow managed to blame every part of his chain and blocked his number. The least Woo can do is offer him a public apology. I also think that they should also refund the entire cost of the repair because they have wasted John's time over and over again, but that's just me.

Jul 29, 2020 at 4:00 PM Post #164 of 339
Well I thought the question is: how much woo paid him for him to say all those nonsense
I mean obviously he is not a consumer. If he is then he is obviously shooting himself in the foot arguing against consumers like what the hell.

Jul 29, 2020 at 4:03 PM Post #165 of 339
In looking at your responses above, it's becoming more clear to me that you are actually more of a problem customer than Woo is a problem business, to speak quite frankly.

The way you badger and antagonize them is certainly quite eye rolling.
Sir, whatever you've just said is as preposterous as woo's earlier responses. "...quite eye rolling"? Oh Please.​
I don't have anything to do with anyone of the above parties (although, full disclosure, I really don't); but this is a public platform where anyone can come and discuss matters related to this hobby; which includes sharing pleasant and unpleasant experiences with a person/brand dealing in audio products. Afterall, this is the meaning of the word "forum", right?​
Its disheartening to see the older members defending the said brand. The brand is clearly in the wrong here and instead of supporting the forum member, they're resorting to gaslighting the guy who's already been at the receiving end of the whole ordeal.​
The forum exists coz there are people who dole out their hard earned money in the pursuit and passion of good quality audio. Without the members this will be a virtual mall filled with guys who just wanna sell stuff.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back