Sharing my friend's poor experience with Woo Audio's customer service
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 29, 2020 at 4:03 PM Post #167 of 339
EDIT:

It's clear that people here are incapable of actually having any sort of reasonable and reasoned dialogue, so, I'm out.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2020 at 4:04 PM Post #168 of 339
Jul 29, 2020 at 4:06 PM Post #169 of 339
Jul 29, 2020 at 4:07 PM Post #170 of 339
As much as they're paying you.

I'll take that as a complement though as much as I don't like to consider myself a 'consumer', I deep down, I am one, just like you.
As much as they're paying you.

I'll take that as a complement though as much as I don't like to consider myself a 'consumer', I know deep down, I am one, just like you.
Come on man it is obvious that Woo is the one that has fault in this case. You just can't save them from this. I don't wanna see random innocent people being hurt or get involved. But what you posted were bringing a lot of people including me regard you as one paid by Woo. The issue is on Woo, why would you want to be blamed for Woo's fault. You've got enough spoof now. If you are not from Woo just let Woo speak for themselves and explain.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2020 at 4:13 PM Post #171 of 339
I'll take that as a complement though as much as I don't like to consider myself a 'consumer', I know deep down, I am one, just like you.

If you are not a consumer then you are either a vendor/dealer or a paid advertiser for them which make your arguments all the more irrelevant due to a clear conflict of interest.

Jul 29, 2020 at 4:14 PM Post #172 of 339
If you are not a consumer then you are either a vendor/dealer or a paid advertiser for them which make your arguments all the more irrelevant due to a clear conflict of interest.

You're welcomed to think that all you want, and you would be wrong. I don't even own a single Woo product. I'm much more of a Chord fanboy, and anyone familiar with my posts and history on head-fi knows that.

PS, I'm seeing a lot of new users in this thread, where did they come from? Or, are they perhaps all John?

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2020 at 4:18 PM Post #173 of 339
I just think the customer is being overly trollish and malicious. Sure, he had a customer service issue, but again, he's being a real 'Ken' about it.

You're welcomed to think that all you want, and you would be wrong.
Yea it is nice that we all now admit Woo has a problem with at least their aftersales. The thing that made most of customers unhappy is the fact that they do not appear and apologize. Mike, as a grown-up man, should know how to be responsible. He is now disappeared and did nothing in improving the relationship between Woo and customers. If they apologized and improved, no one will be that malicious. Customers hate to see vendors making excuses. And that is what Woo is doing.

Not to mention the possible design flaw and those 5-pin problems. If those are justified then Woo has even more issues to apologize for.

So basically we all agree that Woo should apologize and rectify. If they do so you and I and other customers will be somehow satisfied and the issue can be processed more smoothly.

ps. that is not a nice way to put these. I see a lot of people are tagged new but joined around 2017 2018. Are you saying that I can foresee the future and predict the issue with Woo 5 years ago?

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2020 at 4:27 PM Post #174 of 339
I just think the customer is being overly trollish and malicious. Sure, he had a customer service issue, but again, he's being a real 'Ken' about it.

You're welcomed to think that all you want, and you would be wrong. I don't even own a single Woo product. I'm much more of a Chord fanboy, and anyone familiar with my posts and history on head-fi knows that.

PS, I'm seeing a lot of new users in this thread, where did they come from? Or, are they perhaps all John?

Just save it man(?) . Do anyone except you really think my worry was between $200 or $150 for the repair?? Give me a break... I just got Khan gen2 and Sultan from Noble in the last few weeks, and Woo is now holding more than $6k worth of my stuff.

Stop taking heat for Woo Audio and attacking me with your rude nonsenses.

Jul 29, 2020 at 4:29 PM Post #175 of 339

Trollish as in paying for the repair quote immediately upon requested, sending in the headphones along with the amp as Mike requested, and not taking this public until Woo effectively made him persona non grata?

This is a long while back but I have worked at a headphone store. I've been responsible for customer emails for some of the brands you feature on your channel. And not only do I think John is being entirely fair in his emails, I would not, in a million years, respond to a customer either verbally or through email in the fashion that Mike did.

I know that Mike and Jack are your friends. I too have known Jack for a decade, my first WA5 purchase was in 2010. And I have generally been happy about my correspondence with them. But this isn't about your experience with Woo or mine. When your friends are behaving like assholes you don't enable them, you either help them do the right thing or you stop being friends with them. And I think it would be best for the brand's reputation if they apologize publicly and completely clarify the potential design issues with the WA11. Because otherwise I would not be able to trust them to deliver a level of customer and product experience consistent with their pricing.

Jul 29, 2020 at 4:29 PM Post #176 of 339

sir this is headfi, if you want to continue being a Karen and spitting non-sense you are welcome to go to your local Walmart and bully those poor kids with minimum wage

Jul 29, 2020 at 4:34 PM Post #177 of 339
EDIT:

It's clear that people here are incapable of actually having any sort of reasonable and reasoned dialogue, so, I'm out.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2020 at 4:35 PM Post #178 of 339

This is not the place where you can lead the public opinion easily and get paid. You're welcomed to think that all you want, and you would be wrong.

PS, I'm seeing a lot of posts defending your Woo friends in this thread. Perhaps you work for Woo and get paid from them?

Jul 29, 2020 at 4:36 PM Post #179 of 339
Yea it is nice that we all now admit Woo has a problem with at least their aftersales. The thing that made most of customers unhappy is the fact that they do not appear and apologize. Mike, as a grown-up man, should know how to be responsible. He is now disappeared and did nothing in improving the relationship between Woo and customers. If they apologized and improved, no one will be that malicious. Customers hate to see vendors making excuses. And that is what Woo is doing.

Not to mention the possible design flaw and those 5-pin problems. If those are justified then Woo has even more issues to apologize for.

So basically we all agree that Woo should apologize and rectify. If they do so you and I and other customers will be somehow satisfied and the issue can be processed more smoothly.

ps. that is not a nice way to put these. I see a lot of people are tagged new but joined around 2017 2018. Are you saying that I can foresee the future and predict the issue with Woo 5 years ago?

You said it my friend, the problem that Woo Audio let someone defending them by attacking people, and not do anything about it makes their stance even worse(apparently, it still can be).

I don't know if I would accept Woo's apology anymore at this point(2020-7-29 15:34:35). At least not as easily for sure.
Woo can just take my money, get my stuff fixed and back to me as I paid for a lesson. Woo can do whatever they want later... As long as it doesn't relate to me.

Jul 29, 2020 at 4:37 PM Post #180 of 339
Just look at John's posting history. His entire account was created on head-fi just for this 'do not buy from Woo' post. You don't think that's quite suspect and malicious? All I'm saying is that I do.

And this is not to defend Woo, it's just calling it like I see it. That it may come out as looking like I'm defending them is a by-product of that.
I like how you call a desperate customer posting on a public forum to get help because the vendor is unresponsive and blocking his calls " quite suspect and malicious"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back