Sharing my friend's poor experience with Woo Audio's customer service
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 29, 2020 at 4:55 PM Post #196 of 339
I just don't know if they're really obligated to publicly apologize when it's the customer who already posted 'don't buy from them'. Even if they were thinking about doing that before, do you really think they want to now, after this thread was created?

OP posted this thread after Woo’s blatant misconduct. It is a valuable warning to future potential customers.

If Woo wants to restore trust in their brand they’ll apologize. At this point, even that might not be enough, and given Woo’s hubris, I don’t think they will anyways.

Have you taken the time to read the screenshots OP posted or any of the replies in this thread before making comments like these? This has been discussed many times already and it’s a pretty clear-cut case.

Jul 29, 2020 at 4:56 PM Post #197 of 339
Yes they are obligated to apologize publicly. It's customers' legal right to post anything they encountered and it is not an excuse. As a company it is essential to take responsbility, by that i mean apologize. @WooAudio Mike come apologize. As a grown up man you should learn to face things and take responsibility.

Speaking of legal stuff, I actually don't know if it's actually legal to post screenshots of private emails. Just saying.

Jul 29, 2020 at 5:00 PM Post #202 of 339
Speaking of legal stuff, I actually don't know if it's actually legal to post screenshots of private emails. Just saying.
It is legal.
Even if it was illegal and Woo audio decided to sue John for this, it will pretty much be the end of Woo. No one will buy from a company that sues its customers. Ever.

Jul 29, 2020 at 5:00 PM Post #203 of 339
Jul 29, 2020 at 5:01 PM Post #204 of 339
I know. Your 'friend' did...

Try again. Definitely not the same person.

I didn't want to get involved myself regarding initiating this thread, but I feel like I need to call out Woo's dismissive responses in this post. If, instead of continuing to blame the customer on page 5, Mike posted a formal apology and offered a goodwill repair, this thread would have been closed by now.

Nope. The extend of Woo's terribleness of customer service is newsworthy. http://www.dmlp.org/legal-guide/publication-private-facts

Posting an email verbatim is de facto fact. I think that one could also argue that Mike and Jack are public figures of Head-fi and should have no expectation of privacy in their exchanges with customers, but you don't need that argument. For customer service emails the bar to clear for the plaintiff is incredibly high and with good reason. You basically have to show that publicly posting the conversation is both offensive and not newsworthy.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2020 at 5:02 PM Post #207 of 339
Jul 29, 2020 at 5:04 PM Post #210 of 339
fortunately, we don’t need a Google search to show that you’re a troll

Seriously? Let's keep personal attacks out of this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back