Shanling M6 PRO - New version coming Summer 2021
May 30, 2020 at 1:18 PM Post #152 of 959
Last edited:
May 30, 2020 at 7:08 PM Post #153 of 959
@Xinlisupreme
Would you mind telling me more about the pair-up with the Rah? I had to return mine because of the leakage but I loved what I heard from them. I have the R1, R2 Aten and have pre-ordered the Halcyon, so the synergy with IMR iems is of particular interest to me!

Also have you tried the M6 Pro with your Final Audio Pandora Hope VI? They are my favorite headphones and I wonder how the M6 Pro would drive them - they’re easy to drive loud because of the ultra-low impedance, but the same characteristic makes them tricky to power adequately.

If anyone here can compare the M6/M6 Pro vs the LG V range, and vs iBasso’s DX220, I will shower you with thanks.

I am in the market for a good DAP with robust streaming support (Tidal esp.). I am looking at the Shanling M6 and M6 Pro, the iBasso DX160, and the A&K SR25. I like the DX160’s format, same for the SR25, while the Shanling units are at the uppermost limit of what would be portable for me. But I like that they have 2.5 and 4.4mm outputs.
An upgrade to Android 9 at some point would make for nice future-proofing.

edit: for people who can order from France, Son-video.com runs a 15% discount that brings the M6 Pro under 650€ until Monday. Shipping is free for France too, for abroad I don’t know the cost. The M6 (not pro) is down to 425€, quite tempting.

Last edited:
May 30, 2020 at 7:52 PM Post #154 of 959
I sold R1 Zenith And i listen R2 Aten, i have RAH and sound magnific with M6 pro, not like an IEM but as an HP😍
I have also Hiby R5 that I prefer over SR15 and R5 pair very well with Klipsch HP3 due to fine tuning MSEB.
I’d love if Shanling add something like this with android 9, MSEB isn’t a simply EQ, but more and you can tune in sound with every HP/IEM directly from main settings.
It’s a good things because Every streaming app enjoy MSEB set and you can save and load your HP settings.
It’s a good things when you own many cans/IEMs.
I didn’t try My Pandora Hope VI, I try now...
My2cents

May 30, 2020 at 8:11 PM Post #155 of 959
You know how critical is Pandora Hope VI if you don’t pair with a good source/amp and also if you don’t dress it correctly.
I mean if the tweeter isn’t in right position Pandora VI can sounds Dark or not, due to his weak head clamping force.
In right position it sound amazing rich in mid and never harsh, highs shine without listening effort.
I can say it match very well and better than Klipsch HP3, but my Pandora is burned and HP3 not yet.
You can listen with high gain with at 50/100 volume very loud with M6 Pro.
I can say go with it if you like a dap neutral, with mids rich, and a little Warm touch inside and highs extremely accurate and smooth, never harsh.
Bass is tight but with a very good extension, better than Hiby R5 that appears Thin also in mids compared to M6 PRO.
M6 I haven’t listened but many people say PRO is better and more neutral.

May 31, 2020 at 3:49 AM Post #156 of 959
@Xinlisupreme
Would you mind telling me more about the pair-up with the Rah? I had to return mine because of the leakage but I loved what I heard from them. I have the R1, R2 Aten and have pre-ordered the Halcyon, so the synergy with IMR iems is of particular interest to me!

Also have you tried the M6 Pro with your Final Audio Pandora Hope VI? They are my favorite headphones and I wonder how the M6 Pro would drive them - they’re easy to drive loud because of the ultra-low impedance, but the same characteristic makes them tricky to power adequately.

If anyone here can compare the M6/M6 Pro vs the LG V range, and vs iBasso’s DX220, I will shower you with thanks.

I am in the market for a good DAP with robust streaming support (Tidal esp.). I am looking at the Shanling M6 and M6 Pro, the iBasso DX160, and the A&K SR25. I like the DX160’s format, same for the SR25, while the Shanling units are at the uppermost limit of what would be portable for me. But I like that they have 2.5 and 4.4mm outputs.
An upgrade to Android 9 at some point would make for nice future-proofing.

edit: for people who can order from France, Son-video.com runs a 15% discount that brings the M6 Pro under 650€ until Monday. Shipping is free for France too, for abroad I don’t know the cost. The M6 (not pro) is down to 425€, quite tempting.
I'm in the same boat thinking for a new midprice dap

May 31, 2020 at 6:38 AM Post #158 of 959
Our full review from James on the M6 Pro is up! :)

https://headfonics.com/shanling-m6-pro-review/

1590921511012.png

May 31, 2020 at 8:14 AM Post #159 of 959
I'm in the same boat thinking for a new midprice dap
I know :spy:
Actually I saw you posting in the DX160 thread and started a message there to let you know Easylounge.com sold the blue one for 360€, as I seem to remember you buy from France easily. But another poster pointed out Advancedmp3players UK and they offer the same price with a coupon, but on all four colors which seemed more interesting.

I see you upgraded to a Hugo TT, well done!

May 31, 2020 at 9:16 AM Post #160 of 959
They have different tunings I like the M15 musicality as it has a bit more in the way of coloration/ bass n mids w a fuller sound vs the M6 pro. M6 pro still is a bit more neutral in presentation very even in emphasis from bass to treble.

To be completely honest you really cant go wrong with either one. I say go with what you can afford. Your getting maximum value for the bux either or. But the Shanling is actually portable the Fiio not so much.
Been viewing your impression on devices over the past year. I consistently run either a Chord Mojo to all my in ear or Audioquest headphones, or Monolith THX portable DAC/amp to my LCDi4. I use an iphone 7 velcroed as transport with Tidal Music. I recently purchased LG V60 and feel it's more than decent as a DAP, not on Mojo level of course, but gives me ability for purchased FLAC audio as well as unlimited microsd storage for Tidal Music and USB Android Auto support in car. Would you have any idea in comparing the m6 pro to say a chord Mojo type sound and whether it would be more of a sonic side grade or possible downgrade? Looking to see if there is a DAP out there I should get, or just stick with my combination for now. Sorry for lengthy post/question

May 31, 2020 at 9:42 AM Post #161 of 959
Been viewing your impression on devices over the past year. I consistently run either a Chord Mojo to all my in ear or Audioquest headphones, or Monolith THX portable DAC/amp to my LCDi4. I use an iphone 7 velcroed as transport with Tidal Music. I recently purchased LG V60 and feel it's more than decent as a DAP, not on Mojo level of course, but gives me ability for purchased FLAC audio as well as unlimited microsd storage for Tidal Music and USB Android Auto support in car. Would you have any idea in comparing the m6 pro to say a chord Mojo type sound and whether it would be more of a sonic side grade or possible downgrade? Looking to see if there is a DAP out there I should get, or just stick with my combination for now. Sorry for lengthy post/question

Never owned a Mojo. I opted for a IFI Black label myself. I agree with the review on headfonics @marcusd I am wondering if he could chime in. Might have some experience with both. Can't speak for the mojo but I can attest to the outstanding SQ of the M6pro.

Recently got a new Amiron Home and my goodness the pair up is one for the ages. M6 pro has great dynamic and clearly has the power to push cans with plenty of head room. I own way more earphones than cans but the Shanling M6 pro is ideal for folks that have more than a few earphones and cans. It brings them dynamics to everything I attach it to. Haven't heard anything I own that didn't sound great on the player. That is saying something. Everything from sensitive IEMS. Solaris, Zeus, Andromeda S, To my cans DT1990 pros, Amiron Homes and countless in between. As far as I am concerned the M6 pro is a do it all dap and the most important factor being sound quality to me. Shanling nailed this one.

Last edited:
May 31, 2020 at 10:34 AM Post #162 of 959
Never owned a Mojo. I opted for a IFI Black label myself. I agree with the review on headfonics @marcusd I am wondering if he could chime in. Might have some experience with both. Can't speak for the mojo but I can attest to the outstanding SQ of the M6pro.

Recently got a new Amiron Home and my goodness the pair up is one for the ages. M6 pro has great dynamic and clearly has the power to push cans with plenty of head room. I own way more earphones than cans but the Shanling M6 pro is ideal for folks that have more than a few earphones and cans. It brings them dynamics to everything I attach it to. Haven't heard anything I own that didn't sound great on the player. That is saying something. Everything from sensitive IEMS. Solaris, Zeus, Andromeda S, To my cans DT1990 pros, Amiron Homes and countless in between. As far as I am concerned the M6 pro is a do it all dap and the most important factor being sound quality to me. Shanling nailed this one.

Oops no, I can't sorry, James reviewed the M6 Pro not me :frowning2: The Black label is pretty nice though with their IEMatch built-in for IEMs.

May 31, 2020 at 2:05 PM Post #163 of 959
May 31, 2020 at 2:59 PM Post #164 of 959
I know :spy:
Actually I saw you posting in the DX160 thread and started a message there to let you know Easylounge.com sold the blue one for 360€, as I seem to remember you buy from France easily.

I see you upgraded to a Hugo TT, well done!
Thank you fornthe advice. About tt i' m really happy. Used of course

May 31, 2020 at 9:21 PM Post #165 of 959

How was the hiss with the Solaris?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back