Shanling M6 PRO - New version coming Summer 2021
May 23, 2020 at 10:10 AM Post #136 of 959
Mine just arrived. So happy. Now i just need a case for this.
IMG_20200523_192302.jpg
IMG_20200523_192525.jpg

May 23, 2020 at 12:57 PM Post #137 of 959
@kyku i found in france and in Taiwan, are you from USA? I think you Can buy from musicteck

May 23, 2020 at 4:14 PM Post #139 of 959
@Dsnuts how many Hours does it take to burn?

May 23, 2020 at 4:22 PM Post #140 of 959
I didn't really count the hours but I feel a solid weeks worth of full charge and full use rinse and repeat has done a fine job of breaking in all the components. I mostly used the balanced out so all the components gets a nice work out. It now sounds even more spacious, the detail is evident even on open listen but I think the sonics have better layering now. Sound expands within a weeks worth of use. I feel I am close to the final sound of the Pros. I think I have roughly 150 hours or so of use on it now and it sounds just fantastic. My Luna is a very transparent flagship from Dunu and It shows me exactly how good the player is and it is just awesome every time I hear the Shanling M6 pro and my Luna. Just posted my review on the Luna by the way and has more pics with the Shanling M6 pros in the review. https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/dunu-luna.24311/reviews#item-review-23715

I just got a great deal on some Beyer Amiron Homes and I will be testing out my new cans on the M6 pro. Will reports once I get them. Supposed to be delievered today.

Last edited:
May 23, 2020 at 4:40 PM Post #141 of 959
Amiron Home looks Like an HP very easy to drive, i like how M6 pro dive my Klipsch HP3 but its in burn in even it :)

May 24, 2020 at 10:46 PM Post #144 of 959
Does M6 pro will have MSEB like Hiby R5 with Android 9?
It’s an amazing feature that I miss

I believe MSEB is proprietary soft of HiBY(or maybe some EQ company, not sure), used both on their Android and HiBy system. And it's available in their app, which you can install on M6 Pro.

Mine just arrived. So happy. Now i just need a case for this.

All decent sellers of M6 Pro will also have its case.

Is anyone able to provide comparison between M6 Pro and M6, as in have both on hand?

I know there is one review comparing M6 Pro and M6, coming soon.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
May 25, 2020 at 1:15 PM Post #146 of 959
IKKO OH-10 is lovely with Shanling M6 pro :)

May 26, 2020 at 4:34 PM Post #147 of 959
So another observation on the sonics of the M6 pro. I am now fairly certain of their end sound. Been using the player regularly since getting it. I noticed an increase in layering and tonality has gone from slightly cool to slightly warm. Very natural sounding now. It was leaning a bit more toward an analytical tuning on my first week of using to a more fuller bodied smoother and slightly warmer tone now. Which is what I actually prefer for a source.

The detail of the Shanling M6 pro is evident even on open listen but now it just flows. Micro and macro details are fantastic out of this player. For folks that read this thread just out of curiosity and want to try something more higher end in DAP realm. The Shanling M6 pro is ideal for your first higher end tiered player

It has been a while since I heard the Astell and Kern SP1000M but I am willing to bet the M6 pro will trade punches with it for sonic quality. Look up how much one of them cost and I know this may sound far fetched but just know they like to inflate their prices quite a bit. I know this M6 pro is still a bit pricy but when you compare what your getting vs the AK player here mentioned. Which one you think will have the value?

May 26, 2020 at 4:35 PM Post #148 of 959
So another observation on the sonics of the M6 pro. I am now fairly certain of their end sound. Been using the player regularly since getting it. I noticed an increase in layering and tonality has gone from slightly cool to slightly warm. Very natural sounding now. It was leaning a bit more toward an analytical tuning on my first week of using to a more fuller bodied smoother and slightly warmer tone now. Which is what I actually prefer for a source.

The detail of the Shanling M6 pro is evident even on open listen but now it just flows. Micro and macro details are fantastic out of this player. For folks that read this thread just out of curiosity and want to try something more higher end in DAP realm. The Shanling M6 pro is ideal for your first higher end tiered player

It has been a while since I heard the Astell and Kern SP1000M but I am willing to bet the M6 pro will trade punches with it for sonic quality. Look up how much one of them cost and I know this may sound far fetched but just know they like to inflate their prices quite a bit. I know this M6 pro is still a bit pricy but when you compare what your getting vs the AK player here mentioned. Which one you think will have the value?

Any further impressions relative to the M15?

May 26, 2020 at 4:40 PM Post #149 of 959
They have different tunings I like the M15 musicality as it has a bit more in the way of coloration/ bass n mids w a fuller sound vs the M6 pro. M6 pro still is a bit more neutral in presentation very even in emphasis from bass to treble.

To be completely honest you really cant go wrong with either one. I say go with what you can afford. Your getting maximum value for the bux either or. But the Shanling is actually portable the Fiio not so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back