Shanling M2s Hi-Res DAP with AK4490 + MUSE8920, Bluetooth, & USB Out
Jul 11, 2017 at 11:02 AM Post #1,186 of 2,460
Hi folks, I finally decided to get the M2S (after a month, or so, of deliberation) and I must say, I'm definitely impressed! It has a very natural, warm tone that fits my tastes (very) well. I initially thought that its UI was a bit dodgy, but after an hour of using it, I can't say anything really bad about it.. well except for its highly sensitive scroll wheel, which makes one-hand operation a little tedious at times.

Nevertheless, it's all about the sound, and for its price tag, the M2S certainly punches above its weight. Thanks for all the impressions and opinions, guys. They were spot on! :)

Jul 11, 2017 at 11:59 AM Post #1,187 of 2,460
That chipmunk sonofabitch musta been 6ft tall! :o2smile:

Jul 11, 2017 at 1:41 PM Post #1,190 of 2,460
There is a separate play and stop key, but it is difficult to press due to case interference.
And when you press the volume key briefly on the playback screen, there is no other function.
It will be much easier to play and stop with volume keys.

Jul 11, 2017 at 1:48 PM Post #1,191 of 2,460
Ah!!! And one more thing.
If you activate the clock function, you must press the power key twice to enter this screen.
So I turned off the clock function in the setting, and the clock at the top of the screen also disappears.
Even if you turn off the clock function of the standby screen, please keep the clock at the top of the screen.
Finally, Korean translation is not good in functions and settings.
Please refer to other Korean devices and I would appreciate your attention.
Shanling m2s is a good device to use for a long time.

Jul 11, 2017 at 4:34 PM Post #1,192 of 2,460
We will release the tool for people to DIY the UI in the future.:o2smile::o2smile:
Any news regarding this?

For me that's a must. Also I would love to be able to have more tags on play screen. Like year, genre, subgenre, etc.

Jul 11, 2017 at 9:09 PM Post #1,193 of 2,460
I would like to play and stop by pressing the volume key shortly.
Please make sure it is reflected in the next firmware.

Sounds like you're giving out orders rather than asking, isn't it? :grimacing:

There is a separate play and stop key, but it is difficult to press due to case interference.
And when you press the volume key briefly on the playback screen, there is no other function.
It will be much easier to play and stop with volume keys.

Yes the case gets in the way - that was already given as a feedback to @Shanling . Pressing and holding the "Wheel" - it should bring up a different screen with more shortcuts.

Ah!!! And one more thing.
If you activate the clock function, you must press the power key twice to enter this screen.
So I turned off the clock function in the setting, and the clock at the top of the screen also disappears.
Even if you turn off the clock function of the standby screen, please keep the clock at the top of the screen.

This was already communicated to @Shanling - we're waiting for further updates.

Jul 11, 2017 at 11:28 PM Post #1,196 of 2,460
Shanling I need the DAC filters implemented by next firmware, or I will introduce my little m2s to Max the hammer :0 :deadhorse:

man I wish I could photoshop :)

And don't tell anyone, but I actually like the sound sig of the m2s better than the fiio x5iii :L3000:

Jul 12, 2017 at 1:08 AM Post #1,198 of 2,460
Sounds like you're giving out orders rather than asking, isn't it? :grimacing:

Yes the case gets in the way - that was already given as a feedback to @Shanling . Pressing and holding the "Wheel" - it should bring up a different screen with more shortcuts.

This was already communicated to @Shanling - we're waiting for further updates.
I apologize sincerely if the expression is wrong.
I do not speak English well. So I'm using Google Translate.
This is not an excuse, but I hope you understand.
I apologize once more.

It seems to be good that there have already been many requests.
Shanling M2s is a good device and I am happy to use this.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2017 at 1:52 AM Post #1,199 of 2,460
I apologize sincerely if the expression is wrong.
I do not speak English well. So I'm using Google Translate.
This is not an excuse, but I hope you understand.
I apologize once more.

It seems to be good that there have already been many requests.
Shanling M2s is a good device and I am happy to use this.

No need to apologize, i totally understand. Yes, there are a few requests posted here to further enhance this device. your feedback to Shanling is important so let's not stop posting them. If you have the time to go through the thread, please do, you might learn more about this device.

Jul 12, 2017 at 2:05 AM Post #1,200 of 2,460
No need to apologize, i totally understand. Yes, there are a few requests posted here to further enhance this device. your feedback to Shanling is important so let's not stop posting them. If you have the time to go through the thread, please do, you might learn more about this device.
thank you.
I know many features and operation of Shanling m2s.
I have written a review because it is not yet known in Korea.
http://www.ppomppu.co.kr/zboard/view.php?id=mini&no=36354

Users who are viewing this thread

Back