Shanling M2s Hi-Res DAP with AK4490 + MUSE8920, Bluetooth, & USB Out
Jul 12, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #1,201 of 2,460
Back from some holidays+vacation, now back to threads!

and there's no Hiby Link support on iOS yet right? only beta? I have Poly coming eventually but curious how it works.

HiBy team is working on iOS version, hopefully will be out soon, but I have no more info right now.

Did anyone with the L2 cable connected the M2s to Hugo 2? I am wondering if it is long enough to stack it up nicely on top of the DAC.

I will definitely stop by Chord table at Canjam London and test it out! With photo proof.

dear @Shanling can you add "recently added" section?

or “sort folders by date”!

Noted here. There is a lot of people asking for a lot of functions, we must consider what to add and what not, since we don't want to end up with menus over three different screens. :grin:

Hi @Shanling,

I'm facing the same problem reported by @DBaldock9 when trying to update to firmware v1.20 from v1.1. I've tried with several otherwise working SD Cards by placing update.upt at root of MicroSD card. Also tried after formatting the SD Cards (FAT32 and exFAT) and even restoring Shanling m2s factory settings.

Apparently, a solution was provided to @DBaldock9 which solved the problem. Would you please help me and get my device fixed?

Regards,

Can you pelase PM me with more informations regarding your problem? We have some tools to fix any software problem.

Album and artists starting with "A" or "The" are sorted under A resp. T. That is one of the very few things which should be fixed imho

Will look into it.

Hi, I have another problem with my M2s - charging time. Why is it charging so long? I have latest firmware 1.2 and after 7 hours of charging, the process wasn't complete. How long does it take to charge it?

I recommend using charger from smartphones. I use mix of chargers from Asus, LG and third party and all works without problem.

Hi folks, I finally decided to get the M2S (after a month, or so, of deliberation) and I must say, I'm definitely impressed! It has a very natural, warm tone that fits my tastes (very) well. I initially thought that its UI was a bit dodgy, but after an hour of using it, I can't say anything really bad about it.. well except for its highly sensitive scroll wheel, which makes one-hand operation a little tedious at times.

Nevertheless, it's all about the sound, and for its price tag, the M2S certainly punches above its weight. Thanks for all the impressions and opinions, guys. They were spot on! :)

So glad you enjoy our player!

I would like to play and stop by pressing the volume key shortly.
Please make sure it is reflected in the next firmware.

We are looking into adding some functions to volume wheel, but not sure if we want to double up on already existing buttons.

Any news regarding this?

For me that's a must. Also I would love to be able to have more tags on play screen. Like year, genre, subgenre, etc.

Well, there are some limitations of HIBY UI, will see what can be done.

Shanling I need the DAC filters implemented by next firmware, or I will introduce my little m2s to Max the hammer :0 :deadhorse:

man I wish I could photoshop :)

And don't tell anyone, but I actually like the sound sig of the m2s better than the fiio x5iii :L3000:

Just released M1 firmware 3.0, which features digital filters, so there is chance for you :wink:

I know many features and operation of Shanling m2s.
I have written a review because it is not yet known in Korea.
http://www.ppomppu.co.kr/zboard/view.php?id=mini&no=36354

Thank you for review! And I hope we will make you more satisfied with future updates.

Thank you for nice review! Need to promote it here again, so it doesn't get lost between interesting watch discussion. )

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Jul 13, 2017 at 5:54 AM Post #1,203 of 2,460
There is a separate play and stop key, but it is difficult to press due to case interference.
And when you press the volume key briefly on the playback screen, there is no other function.
It will be much easier to play and stop with volume keys.
For your information: short press of the volume knob is used for displaying lyrics at the moment. The lyrics (in *.lrc format) should be in the same directory, with the same name as audio file.
:)

Jul 13, 2017 at 9:17 AM Post #1,205 of 2,460
Decided to undress my armored rig - so much thinner!! :astonished::thumbsup:

IMG_1965.JPG

Jul 13, 2017 at 11:02 PM Post #1,208 of 2,460
Haha you mean something like this?

:grin:

I always put tape over exposed microSD slots for all of my daps.

Ha ha a bit OCD are we? actually I guess that's a pretty good idea if you work in a coal mine or live in the Sahara, or China lol. :) A+ for screen protector placement also, very straight.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2017 at 12:09 AM Post #1,209 of 2,460
Ha ha a bit OCD are we? actually I guess that's a pretty good idea if you work in a coal mine or live in the Sahara, or China lol. :) A+ for screen protector placement also, very straight.

Haha yes, we have OCD - but the tape is also good so that you don't loose your microSD. Thanks! Took a good half an hour just to make sure i have the protector nicely installed.

Jul 14, 2017 at 2:26 AM Post #1,210 of 2,460
Haha yes, we have OCD - but the tape is also good so that you don't loose your microSD. Thanks! Took a good half an hour just to make sure i have the protector nicely installed.

Actually I've never thought about the card popping out, but I guess that could happen. Um yes I actually measured my corners down to the mm to insure evenness when I applied my screen protector. And yes I am mental.

Jul 14, 2017 at 5:56 AM Post #1,212 of 2,460
Just have recieved mine. I don't have any earphones here, at work, to try it, so I'll share my impressions when I get home. I was using an iBasso dx50 since 2013 and reciently paired it with a Cayin C5. I love the desing and build of this new DAP. I have the Beyerdynamics Dt700, the Fidelio X2 and some "chi-fi" iem's, so I hope to share my impressions trying all them. Have a good day, friends!

Any tips to upgrade the firmware? Thank you all.

Jul 14, 2017 at 6:24 AM Post #1,213 of 2,460
Just have recieved mine. I don't have any earphones here, at work, to try it, so I'll share my impressions when I get home. I was using an iBasso dx50 since 2013 and reciently paired it with a Cayin C5. I love the desing and build of this new DAP. I have the Beyerdynamics Dt700, the Fidelio X2 and some "chi-fi" iem's, so I hope to share my impressions trying all them. Have a good day, friends!

Link to the the Shanling M2s 1.20 firmware download page: http://www.shanling.com/download/List#. Download the firmware...instructions are included. ENJOY!

Jul 14, 2017 at 7:04 AM Post #1,214 of 2,460

@Mal Waldron I have been looking to hear for some first hand DX50 vs M2s impressions. Would love to hear from you :wink:.

Jul 14, 2017 at 9:34 AM Post #1,215 of 2,460
Found out yesterday just how long the M2S will run on a full battery charge - ~9.5 hours.

A little after 10:00, I connected my Vido earbuds, dropped my M2S in a shirt pocket, and listened to Jazz at low to moderate volume levels - until the DAP shut down from low battery at ~19:25.
I was using HiBy Link to my Nexus 5 phone, so the M2S's Bluetooth was on, but the screen was off, throughout the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back