Shanling M2s Hi-Res DAP with AK4490 + MUSE8920, Bluetooth, & USB Out
Nov 5, 2017 at 1:49 PM Post #1,847 of 2,460
OK, Let's rock!

Here is the special M2s custom firmware version based on v2.20. This firmware allows you to develop your own themes without having to reflash your player each time.
It uses the res folder on your SD card as a repository for resources. If there is no res folder, the internal player themes are used.
To make your own themes, you need:
- unzip the contents of the archive to the root of the memory card;
- flash the custom firmware (update.upt);
- edit the content of the res folder according to the current contents;
- (re)boot your player for the changes to take effect.

Please share your themes. Interesting ones will be included in future versions of custom firmware.
(If you are interested in my work, please make a donation -> go to my site on the link in my signature).

Enjoy!

hi , i want translate to pt br ( portuguese brazil ) , can you send me strings to translate ?

thanks

Nov 6, 2017 at 8:05 AM Post #1,851 of 2,460
All necessary strings are in res filder in the archive with custom firmware.
You can take the english as base, translate it at your own and test on your player.

i create um new folder in str folder called portuguese , but dap dont detect it , i know i can replace english , but how can i add a new language ?

thanks

EDIT : after restar files in res/str back to original

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2017 at 3:47 AM Post #1,854 of 2,460
after restart files restore !

EDIT : really dont work .

I have done some tests with updates of the Polish version files and it seems that you have to follow the steps below:
1. Copy the res directory and update.upt file in the root of the SD card and restart the M2s (it has to see the update.upt file during boot phase),
2. Connect M2s via USB and do needed edits (in the language files for example :wink: ),
- you can edit these files directly on the SD card from the computer, or do the changes on the copy and replace the files on the SD when you ready (I prefer the second variant),​
3. Do not turn off the M2s, just disconnect it from the computer,
4. Go to M2s settings and update the system,
- it seems that updater is then using the res folder and copy the resources to the ROM,
- res folder on the SD is restore every boot and has the actual state of files in the ROM.​
5. All the changes are now in the ROM of the device.

Good luck @whitexp and greetings from Poland!
:smile_phones:

Nov 7, 2017 at 6:48 AM Post #1,857 of 2,460
Hi XVortex.
I know that system font is available. But I would like to know if I can change not only the font type but the size of it as well.
If not would you be so kind to give some tips according best fonts, more readible, to replace the original one?
Thanks in advance.
Jaro

Nov 7, 2017 at 7:03 AM Post #1,858 of 2,460
Hi XVortex.
I know that system font is available. But I would like to know if I can change not only the font type but the size of it as well.
If not would you be so kind to give some tips according best fonts, more readible, to replace the original one?
Thanks in advance.
Jaro

you can change that in the config.ini file

Nov 7, 2017 at 9:58 AM Post #1,860 of 2,460
A little taste of what's to come... :)

20171107_185131.jpg 20171107_185316.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back