Shanling M2s Hi-Res DAP with AK4490 + MUSE8920, Bluetooth, & USB Out
Nov 4, 2017 at 10:44 AM Post #1,831 of 2,460
Optimized all themes graphics for speed (all themes are still original)
Optimized and more readable font (was taken from FiiO).
Optimized binaries for size and seed
Fixed English language strings (thanks to gLer)
Added Russian language
Some other minor fixes and optimizations...

Dude, this is AWESOME! Thanks for your work. Not sure how much can be changed, etc, but I would love to make a theme or 2 for the M2s

Nov 4, 2017 at 12:21 PM Post #1,833 of 2,460
Optimized all themes graphics for speed (all themes are still original)
Optimized and more readable font (was taken from FiiO).
Optimized binaries for size and seed
Fixed English language strings (thanks to gLer)
Added Russian language
Some other minor fixes and optimizations...

I'll give it a shot. Any chance you could post a guide for unpacking and repacking the firmware? I used to mod FiiO FW back in the original X3 and X5 days. Might be fun to play sound a bit with theming my M2s...

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2017 at 11:04 PM Post #1,837 of 2,460

Thanks mate. I see no big difference:

IMG_20171105_000126856.jpg

Nov 5, 2017 at 2:09 AM Post #1,840 of 2,460
OK, Let's rock!

Here is the special M2s custom firmware version based on v2.20. This firmware allows you to develop your own themes without having to reflash your player each time.
It uses the res folder on your SD card as a repository for resources. If there is no res folder, the internal player themes are used.
To make your own themes, you need:
- unzip the contents of the archive to the root of the memory card;
- flash the custom firmware (update.upt);
- edit the content of the res folder according to the current contents;
- (re)boot your player for the changes to take effect.

Please share your themes. Interesting ones will be included in future versions of custom firmware.
(If you are interested in my work, please make a donation -> go to my site on the link in my signature).

Enjoy!

Nov 5, 2017 at 2:14 AM Post #1,841 of 2,460
Thanks all for your feedback.
I’ll release the “playground” firmware (with ability to load themes from the SD card) soon.
so that everyone could easily create their own theme for M2s

Thanks a lot for the FW.

I already asked this to @Shanling but since there is no feedback yet maybe you can help out :)
It's about adding the album name in the lock screen and the now playing screen (see earlier post).

Thanks in advance.

Nov 5, 2017 at 2:16 AM Post #1,842 of 2,460
OK, Let's rock!

Here is the special M2s custom firmware version based on v2.20. This firmware allows you to develop your own themes without having to reflash your player each time.
It uses the res folder on your SD card as a repository for resources. If there is no res folder, the internal player themes are used.

Please share your themes. Interesting ones will be included in future versions of custom firmware.
(If you are interested in my work, please make a donation -> go to my site on the link in my signature).

Enjoy!

This is great. Thanks a ton!

Nov 5, 2017 at 8:22 AM Post #1,845 of 2,460
OK, Let's rock!

Enjoy!
@XVortex thank you a lot for your excellent work! Font used in this ROM is more readable for me and full Unicode, so all the Polish accented letters are correctly displayed.
:ksc75smile: :flag_pl: :thumbsup: :ok_hand: :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back