Shanling M1s - Ideal Compact Portable Player
Mar 4, 2023 at 3:45 PM Post #286 of 947
Who say I haven't given any cent, I have purchased it from Hifigo the moment it is available, even considering purchasing the one from Aliexpress if Hifigo cancel it. But with how suddenly Shanling says no they are not the right distributor and then acknowledging that they already start sales in China it is downright frustrating and worrying. I might not even receive the product with the expected ETA, especially Hifigo suddenly remove the product page. Do Shanling actually prevent seller from China to ship internationally due to agreement with this so called distributor? Having exclusive right or some other agreement?

I did purchase M0 Pro and I like it, that's why I want to give M1S a chance but it seems I won't receive it soon or worse have to wait their so called International Distributor to sell first before I received from Hifigo. The comment from Shanling doesn't help either and it is actually worrying. Why so secretive about the product even though the product page already appearing on the main site.
edit: English is not my first language, sorry for the grammar/spelling error.
no need to add more, your answer shows exactly what I was saying before.
Shanling's communication is a bit average for this one, ok , but you're a bit impatient.
You have to stay cool, it's only a DAP and it will eventually be available.

Mar 4, 2023 at 4:02 PM Post #287 of 947
True, but my excitement is waning, and I'm really enjoying my a306. Even though it's a bit pricey I'm loving the battery, size and sound. I did really want to check this out, but only if I could buy on Amazon.
Yes I too am enjoying my current Sony DAP very much despite some small niggles. If I were in the market for a new DAP right now I might pass as well. I think part of what keeps me coming back is the drama behind the whole release. Kind of like a car crash, you know you shouldn't watch but you can't look away. :L3000:

Let's face it most DAP releases are pretty bland and this one actually has a little drama to hold your attention as unwanted as it is. I can certainly wait to see how this unfolds and maybe there is still a chance this could turn out well. The price is right if current pricing is accurate, it has nice hardware and the photos on hifigo before it was pulled show some nice upgrades to the MTouch UI. Bottom line it is in my budget range and I really want to read some reviews especially on the sound quality which should be high. Could still be a nice Black Friday early Christmas present to myself or it could just fizzle out and fade away, only time will tell. Certainly if this drags out for to long my interest will probably start to wane so hopefully we get some positive news before that happens. If this ultimately is the beginning of the end for MTouch DAP's owning the last model made could be a nice keep sake for as long as it lasts.

Mar 4, 2023 at 4:17 PM Post #288 of 947
You have to stay cool, it's only a DAP...
True.

.... it will eventually be available.
Not necessarily true. Apparently the Chinese distributor decided to sell it domestically only.

I have asked Shanling to comment / confirm, but so far no response.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2023 at 5:01 PM Post #289 of 947
True.

Not necessarily true. Apparently the Chinese distributor decided to sell it domestically only.

I have asked Shanling to comment / confirm, but so far no response.
We also don't know if the Chinese distributor and the International distributor are the same company (or do we?). Again this is where @Shanling can enlighten us. If importing from China is the only option it isn't necessarily a deal breaker. I bought my Q1 from China and got a really good deal. If the distributor outside of China is willing to honor international warranty claims the risk is minimal.

Mar 5, 2023 at 7:54 PM Post #290 of 947
There is one seller on aliexpress who is already selling the device and ships internationally. I suppose that aliexpress is not considered an international distributor, though it is strange that there is only one seller, and it makes me wonder if he really has the player in stock or just started selling hoping to eventually get them and if not - just cancel the orders (this happens often on aliexpress). Especially since a seller 'SHANLING Official Store', which (at least by name) seems to be Shanling's aliexpress storefront, doesn't have it.

It is also possible to order a case with the device, but it is not shown anywhere in the description. I wonder if it has a clip, and hope that unlike with Shanling M0 Pro, this time there is a clip - very important for small portable devices like this.

It will be a simple leather case, no clip. As with Q1, we consider M1s to be a bit too large for reasonable use with clip.

Does the M1s have a song search function?
Also, is there a way to load songs wirelessly on the sd card?

No search function.
It has Wi-Fi file transfer as our older MTouch designs. You can connect ti to lcoal network, open adress in your internet rbowser and transfer there files.

I have a question for @Shanling regarding the AirPlay support. Which version of AirPlay does M1S support? As a speaker device or as a player?

Only receiver. I don't think any portable device outside of Apple can work as a player these days.

Apparently the "official distributor" has no plans to sell M1s outside of China :smiling_imp:

Please confirm.

M1s is already on sale in China, no issues in production. You can buy it on Taobao right now.

International release for M1s is done completely by one distributor, who will be the one announcing it. It's up to them when they announce it.
Once again, it will not be sold by us, not by our standard distributors.

M1s will be sold on international market, it's managed by one exclusive distributor for international market. Which exact sales points, like Amazon, local dealers, etc, that's up to them to reveal, we do not have such info.

M1s is already on sale in China by our standard distributors and outlets.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Mar 5, 2023 at 8:41 PM Post #291 of 947
It would be cool to hear some impressions about this unit. I guess Chinese audiophiles are not on this platform. Every time I see this thread popping up, I came with hope to see how these compare, sound-wise, against the M3U. Can't expect M6U level sound, but M3U level without Android and long battery could be an excellent device.

Mar 5, 2023 at 9:52 PM Post #292 of 947
It will be a simple leather case, no clip. As with Q1, we consider M1s to be a bit too large for reasonable use with clip.

No search function.
It has Wi-Fi file transfer as our older MTouch designs. You can connect ti to lcoal network, open adress in your internet rbowser and transfer there files.

Only receiver. I don't think any portable device outside of Apple can work as a player these days.

M1s will be sold on international market, it's managed by one exclusive distributor for international market. Which exact sales points, like Amazon, local dealers, etc, that's up to them to reveal, we do not have such info.

M1s is already on sale in China by our standard distributors and outlets.

Can you give us the name of the international distributor and contact info if possible so we international customers can get some idea from them about where and when the M1S might be sold? It is kind of absurd that we have to work this hard to get information so we can spend our hard earned money to buy your product. I am assuming we will have to go through the distributor for warranty claims if needed?

Will we be able to order one from one of your Chinese dealers for import if this distributor isn't going to distribute in our country or if the wait is exceedingly long?

Mar 6, 2023 at 8:11 AM Post #293 of 947
Just got it this afternoon.

16781082737521952474670600190068.jpg

Mar 6, 2023 at 9:18 AM Post #294 of 947
Big (in its category) and awkward to hold. Button placement not very clever.
One hand operation close to impossible :thumbsdown:

Mar 6, 2023 at 9:40 AM Post #295 of 947
I can see myself inverting the unit and using it "upside down."

Mar 6, 2023 at 10:35 AM Post #298 of 947
Well it's good to see some coming in hand now.
I have been waiting and watching since first announced and definitely interested in a purchase, the all important info is sound quality and stability for me ....build obviously as long as it's robust then all good.
Looking forward to opinions.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2023 at 12:41 PM Post #299 of 947
Mar 6, 2023 at 2:33 PM Post #300 of 947

Users who are viewing this thread

Back