Shanling M1s - Ideal Compact Portable Player
Mar 3, 2023 at 1:29 AM Post #259 of 949
Yeah, looks like Shanling contacted them and told them to remove the offer, probably delay it another couple of months, this premiere has been a disaster from the beginning.
I was looking forward to purchasing the device. For the price of 199 with leather case was an amazing price. Hopefully, Shanling can relist the device soon. I understand they have had a couple of issues because this is becoming unacceptable at this point.

Mar 3, 2023 at 2:27 AM Post #260 of 949
I was looking forward to purchasing the device. For the price of 199 with leather case was an amazing price. Hopefully, Shanling can relist the device soon. I understand they have had a couple of issues because this is becoming unacceptable at this point.
This sounds like they are having a production issues and may have limited units available for sale with the parts delay. They need to sell a high volume of these given the price point so withholding it from Amazon makes me think it will be awhile before they can supply all the markets. I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't a price increase if supply is limited. Again looks like a wait until Black Friday purchase at the earliest.

Mar 3, 2023 at 2:59 AM Post #261 of 949
M1s is already on sale in China, no issues in production. You can buy it on Taobao right now.

International release for M1s is done completely by one distributor, who will be the one announcing it. It's up to them when they announce it.
Once again, it will not be sold by us, not by our standard distributors.

Hifigo was not that distributor.

If you want to run conspiracy theories, I would recommend starting Twitter.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Mar 3, 2023 at 3:32 AM Post #262 of 949
Clear as mudd, good luck with whatever you guys are doing. Whoever is in charge of promotion and distribution has done a horrible job. Well I guess I should say doing and not done since we don't know who the international distributor is and when they're going to launch it. But it's not you guys, but you made the dap. And it's being marketed as a shanling product...

But not going to be on Amazon, like every other shanling product. No Amazon, no purchase from me.

Mar 3, 2023 at 4:14 AM Post #263 of 949
M1s is already on sale in China, no issues in production. You can buy it on Taobao right now.

International release for M1s is done completely by one distributor, who will be the one announcing it. It's up to them when they announce it.

Thanks for the update. I guess I'll wait until an official announcement from you guys, or can you tell us who the international distributor will be in order to keep an eye on them?

Mar 3, 2023 at 4:53 AM Post #264 of 949
There is one seller on aliexpress who is already selling the device and ships internationally. I suppose that aliexpress is not considered an international distributor, though it is strange that there is only one seller, and it makes me wonder if he really has the player in stock or just started selling hoping to eventually get them and if not - just cancel the orders (this happens often on aliexpress). Especially since a seller 'SHANLING Official Store', which (at least by name) seems to be Shanling's aliexpress storefront, doesn't have it.

It is also possible to order a case with the device, but it is not shown anywhere in the description. I wonder if it has a clip, and hope that unlike with Shanling M0 Pro, this time there is a clip - very important for small portable devices like this.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2023 at 5:01 AM Post #265 of 949
There is one seller on aliexpress who is already selling the device and ships internationally. I suppose that aliexpress is not considered an international distributor, though it is strange that there is only one seller, and it makes me wonder if he really has the player in stock or just started selling hoping to eventually get them and if not - just cancel the orders (this happens often on aliexpress). Especially since a seller 'SHANLING Official Store', which (at least by name) seems to be Shanling's aliexpress storefront, doesn't have it.

It is also possible to order a case with the device, but it is not shown anywhere in the description. I wonder if it has a clip, and hope that unlike with Shanling M0 Pro, this time there is a clip - very important for small portable devices like this.
I didn't take any pictures of the listing online Hifigo so I cannot confirm or deny if the case had a clip. One thing you can do about the lack of a metal clip is to add one yourself. For example this: https://niteize.com/hipclip-universal-pocket-clip
I adapted one of these clips onto my Hiby R3 case and when I this device becomes available and does not include a clip then I will add it myself again. Not the most elegant solution but the clip is very sturdy and no issues thus far. Pro tip: If you want the adhesive to bond properly don't use the clip until 24 hours and if worse comes to worse you can superglue it to the back of the case as the adhesive is removable from the metal clip.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2023 at 6:24 AM Post #266 of 949
Not the most elegant solution but the clip is very sturdy and no issues thus far
That is an interesting solution - and this clip is even available with international shipping via Amazon. For how long did you have the clip on R3? It is a bit worrying to depend only on an adhesive to keep the clip attached to an expensive device.

Mar 3, 2023 at 6:53 AM Post #267 of 949
That is an interesting solution - and this clip is even available with international shipping via Amazon. For how long did you have the clip on R3? It is a bit worrying to depend only on an adhesive to keep the clip attached to an expensive device.
I had the clip on the R3 since early December (2022). The adhesive bonded very well with the plastic case included in the Hiby R3 Pro Saber 2022. However, I do not know how the Nite Ize hip clip adhesive would bond onto leather (or plastic leather). I have used this clip on my primary phone as well as but after 1 year and half of use it fell off because my phone got stuck on a tool I was using. After the clip fell off from the case, I removed the adhesive with a knife and just super glued it together and I have had zero issues since. My case of the clip falling off is probably a very extreme case but clip itself has held up for over 2 years. It's really sturdy for the price of $7 dollars.

Mar 3, 2023 at 7:10 AM Post #268 of 949

This tends to happen when you drop an announcement and then nothing for 4 months. A little more transparency would prevent these suppositions. You yourself said you had part delays pushing back the release so it isn't that far fetched to conclude supplies might be limited. Supposition based on limited information available maybe, conspiracy theory not in my mind.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2023 at 7:14 AM Post #269 of 949
This tends to happen when you drop an announcement and then nothing for 4 months. A little more transparency would prevent these conspiracy theories. You yourself said you had part delays pushing back the release so it isn't that far fetched to conclude supplies might be limited. The handling of this release doesn't fill me with confidence about the M1S so I will take a cautious wait and see approach.

It's more confusing when 2 things are announced like m0 pro and m1s yet m0 pro has the normal release channels albeit a bit late and m1s has well whatever is going on with it.

Mar 3, 2023 at 9:46 AM Post #270 of 949
Does the M1s have a song search function?
Also, is there a way to load songs wirelessly on the sd card?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back