Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor / DAP || USB DAC || USB Transport || Bluetooth 4.0 + aptX || DSD
Oct 8, 2016 at 11:26 AM Post #541 of 3,480

Yeah thanks I have such adapters, but I don't even have micro to micro, I never had any use for them.
Well, I have just the store for you. (and anyone else)

Search this eBay users items for OTG cables.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/yourcharger/m.html?item=301556014007&rmvSB=true&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

He does many, but yes, lets confirm a few things first....
buying from abroad is not convenient in China, and we have everything on taobao.

Oct 8, 2016 at 12:18 PM Post #548 of 3,480
Yeah but then I have to buy another one...I don't really have many micro USB B to micro USB C cables handy...

I've got one that I know works with other portable DAPs. I'll give it a shot when I get back home and get the M1. However, I don't have A MOJO to test it with. I'll try with the portable DAPs I do have abs report back, though.

Oct 8, 2016 at 7:22 PM Post #550 of 3,480
I'll chime in here with my 2c as I have a USB-C DAP(Note 7).
All my USB micro B OTG cables that do work with other devices, don't work with my Note 7 when using micro-to-c adaptors as pictured above.
The only success I've had with my note 7 is using the Samsung USB C-A OTG adaptor they provided.
To whoever has the M1, it might be worth finding someone who has the adaptor from their Note 7 to test it out

Oct 8, 2016 at 11:48 PM Post #552 of 3,480
Wow not looking good for people that want it for mojo. Glad i waited.

Let us wait for more feedback. It could be the cable, it could be the firmware, it could be me being stupid!

Anyhow, some further impressions on the sound of the M1, today with the S-EM9, low impedance fairly sensitive multi-BA iems.

On the plus side, the sound is fairly neutral, airy and detailed, quite fast.

On the minus side, the sound is a little bit on the thin side, and can sound a little bit raspy and sibilant on SOME recordings. Bear in mind that it might be the pairing, and also that the player might need some burn in. I compared the same tracks with the mojo, and the raspiness and sibilance is slightly less present, but not altogether gone.

Overall good, but not very forgiving..or maybe needs some burn-in to settle (amplifier sections is the only thing for which I believe in burn-in).

Oct 8, 2016 at 11:53 PM Post #553 of 3,480
Let us wait for more feedback. It could be the cable, it could be the firmware, it could be me being stupid!

Anyhow, some further impressions on the sound of the M1, today with the S-EM9, low impedance fairly sensitive multi-BA iems.

On the plus side, the sound is fairly neutral, airy and detailed, quite fast.

On the minus side, the sound is a little bit on the thin side, and can sound a little bit raspy and sibilant on SOME recordings. Bear in mind that it might be the pairing, and also that the player might need some burn in. I compared the same tracks with the mojo, and the raspiness and sibilance is slightly less present, but not altogether gone.

Overall good, but not very forgiving..or maybe needs some burn-in to settle (amplifier sections is the only thing for which I believe in burn-in).
that cable is from DHC? Silver type 4?

Oct 9, 2016 at 3:42 AM Post #555 of 3,480
First batch M1 sold out in Shenzhen Audio. Second batch ETA Oct 22nd. Quite a demand for this little thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back