Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor / DAP || USB DAC || USB Transport || Bluetooth 4.0 + aptX || DSD
Jan 10, 2017 at 4:01 PM Post #1,908 of 3,480
I ordered mine on 11/11 for only 85€ on Aliexpress, and took 1 and half week
biggrin.gif

Which store on Alieexpress did you order it from?

Jan 10, 2017 at 5:09 PM Post #1,913 of 3,480
Just received my M1 tonight, heard it at Canjam London last year but only dawned on me that it is the new type C usb and want to hook this up to my Chord Hugo that is Micro B. 

I will get around to reading the 127 pages soon now I have one but until then which is the best LOD cable out there that is Type C to Micro too hook the M1 upto my Hugo? 

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated as want to get one soon as possible.  

Great little player for the money even using as a standalone player.  Scales well when using DSD256 tracks playing on there even though is converted to PCM compared to most normal FLAC 16 bit files. 

Jan 10, 2017 at 5:31 PM Post #1,914 of 3,480
  Just received my M1 tonight, heard it at Canjam London last year but only dawned on me that it is the new type C usb and want to hook this up to my Chord Hugo that is Micro B. 

I will get around to reading the 127 pages soon now I have one but until then which is the best LOD cable out there that is Type C to Micro too hook the M1 upto my Hugo? 

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated as want to get one soon as possible.  

Great little player for the money even using as a standalone player.  Scales well when using DSD256 tracks playing on there even though is converted to PCM compared to most normal FLAC 16 bit files. 

There are a few listed on post #3 of this thread http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-dac-amp-faq-in-3rd-post
used by Mojo owners to connect to M1.

Jan 10, 2017 at 5:55 PM Post #1,915 of 3,480

There are a few listed on post #3 of this thread http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-dac-amp-faq-in-3rd-post
used by Mojo owners to connect to M1.

Thankyou for directing me, did not realise it would be so hard to track down but guess type C is just taking off in terms of audiophile devices becoming the norm using them so one day will be everyone doing custom OTG cables for these.  

Jan 10, 2017 at 6:32 PM Post #1,916 of 3,480
How does the M1 sound hooked up to mojo using a phone as a transport?Better than just a phone with mojo or the same?And just more convenient with riddance of a micro usb cable?

Jan 10, 2017 at 6:33 PM Post #1,917 of 3,480
Thankyou for directing me, did not realise it would be so hard to track down but guess type C is just taking off in terms of audiophile devices becoming the norm using them so one day will be everyone doing custom OTG cables for these.  

Yes,

Type c are a minority cable at the moment, so it is useful to have a sample of reliable cables listed on the mojo thread.
As you suggest, in a year or two, such cables will be commonplace.

Jan 10, 2017 at 10:22 PM Post #1,919 of 3,480
The Shanling M1 works just perfect as bluetooth reciever for the Mojo...

My setup is:

M1 + Mojo and my Samsung Galaxy S4 which has like the M1 bluetooth Apt-X are paired.

I'm using the app "USB Audio player PRO" since this app works also without any USB DAC connected through Android and I can stream any music from 16/44 FLAC files up to DSD files without problems, Tidal and Qobuz also supported within USB Adudio Player PRO.

People in the Chord Poly thread are going to have a heart attack over this one :eek: :eek: :eek:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back