Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor / DAP || USB DAC || USB Transport || Bluetooth 4.0 + aptX || DSD
Jan 7, 2017 at 6:00 PM Post #1,876 of 3,480
  The mojo does not have bluetooth functionality, so you would have to use a cable from your couch to the mojo.

Also, the only input types on the Mojo, are Digital (Coax or Optical SPDIF, and micro USB), so you can't feed a Line Level Analog input directly into a Mojo.  You'd have to use a Bluetooth receiver, which has a Digital output, like one of these - https://www.amazon.com/Belkin-SongStream-Bluetooth-Music-Receiver/dp/B00KX3DQXM

Take Care,
David Baldock

Jan 7, 2017 at 6:30 PM Post #1,877 of 3,480
I'm after an inexpensive DAP to pair with my Mojo which has a decent EQ built in. Is the EQ implementation good and does it work when using a USB DAC? I currently have a Sony A15 but the EQ is disabled when using USB digital out.

It's a basic 10-band EQ like you get with Cayin and FiiO DAPs. And yes the EQ is applied to USB Out, so you can EQ your Mojo :thumbsup:

Wait really? So I could still use Tidal and Apple music with M1 and my Mojo?  I'm sold if Yes

Yes, M1 is a very versatile little DAP. It's good enough to use standalone in a pinch, is a great transport for Mojo either via USB Out or Bluetooth. I'm glad Shanling brought this to us. Good stuff!

Jan 7, 2017 at 6:33 PM Post #1,878 of 3,480
It's a basic 10-band EQ like you get with Cayin and FiiO DAPs. And yes the EQ is applied to USB Out, so you can EQ your Mojo :thumbsup:

Yes, M1 is a very versatile little DAP. It's good enough to use standalone in a pinch, is a great transport for Mojo either via USB Out or Bluetooth. I'm glad Shanling brought this to us. Good stuff!

yep and with the exception of wifi connectivity this thing does everything the chord poly does and then some at 1/5th the cost.

Jan 7, 2017 at 6:39 PM Post #1,879 of 3,480
yep and with the exception of wifi connectivity this thing does everything the chord poly does and then some at 1/5th the cost.

Hmm... I guess there was a reason Chord's announcement didn't excite me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

BTW, my M1 is on its way to my man shotgunshane to try out. Eager to see what he thinks...

Jan 7, 2017 at 7:38 PM Post #1,882 of 3,480
  The Shanling M1 works just perfect as bluetooth reciever for the Mojo...

My setup is:

M1 + Mojo and my Samsung Galaxy S4 which has like the M1 bluetooth Apt-X are paired.

I'm using the app "USB Audio player PRO" since this app works also without any USB DAC connected through Android and I can stream any music from 16/44 FLAC files up to DSD files without problems, Tidal and Qobuz also supported within USB Adudio Player PRO.

Where can I buy that cable?

Jan 8, 2017 at 2:53 PM Post #1,884 of 3,480
My existing Auris bluMe is a high-quality Bluetooth receiver, which I power with a portable battery pack, and pass Toslink to my Mojo.

Jan 9, 2017 at 2:58 PM Post #1,885 of 3,480
Upsample question: Does the M1 upsample? I currently upsample via software on my iDevice from 44.1k to 192k and pass it to the mojo and it sounds great (to my ears). I know the downsides of upsampling, I'm just curious if the M1 has the ability to do that. I have most of my music (88GB) at 44.1k (320kbps mp3) but don't wanna or can't get higher res versions of my music, so would wanna experiment with upsampling with the M1 (if possible).

Jan 9, 2017 at 3:44 PM Post #1,886 of 3,480
How well does the m1 handle bookmarking and audiobooks btw?  Using a rockbox ipod atm and the bookmarking system there leaves a bit to be desired frankly.  Particularly coming from an ipod touch!

Jan 9, 2017 at 11:27 PM Post #1,887 of 3,480
I need your help, guys...
I'm between buying this player or a Sony A25.
I'm looking for a nice little DAP, I don't really care about the power since I mainly use IEM's.
I like a warm sound(I consider myself a basshead).

I've already had the Fiio X5II but I didn't like his sound signature.
Any help is really appreciated, thanks!

Jan 10, 2017 at 1:04 AM Post #1,888 of 3,480
Did anyone tried to downloaded shanling_m1_f1.12.1beta.zip?

I just ordered this baby and it will take atleast 1 month for the delivery.
confused_face.gif

Jan 10, 2017 at 2:31 AM Post #1,890 of 3,480

Users who are viewing this thread

Back